Plz HelP mE IdentIfiEd tHiS B.O.V sounD

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
hi to all sifu's...

since im gonna put a "T" in my car very soon...:_:

hope u all can help me indentified this BOV sound for me... bcoz i dunno which BRAND produce them...

Plz DOWNLOAD this short clips n help me to recognise the brand of it...

the clips r in small size... so PLz help me out.. thx:shades_smile:

Sample 1 -> YouTube - BOV sound

Sample 2 -> YouTube - BOV sound 2

Last edited:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
thts not a bov sound
thats a compressor surge sound which damages the turbo in long run
here is something i got for u from the net

When your turbos produce pressure(boost), it flows into your combustion chamber. When you let off the gas the Throttle Body plate closes. There is still pressure trapped in your lines leading from the turbos to your Throttle Body. This is where the BOV comes into play. Instead of the pressure flowing back into your turbo and causing backspin or compressor surge (your turbos violently start to spin backward...VERY BAD)your BOV opens and the boost is released through this valve.

and this is from gofastbits

Blow-off valve myth #2: The fluttering sound is usually believed to be the blow-off valve. In reality, it is caused by a blow-off valve, but does not come from the blow-off valve. If the spring pre-load is adjusted too tight, this will cause compressor surge, which as described above is the sound of air exiting the turbo.
Compressor surge: You can think or surge as the point at which the compressor blades begin to “slip” in the air, losing their pumping ability, much like an aircraft wing loses its lift when it stalls. In a turbo, this happens in a series of bursts, as the blades slip, then bite, slip then bite. This sets up a pulsing wave in the turbo piping and explains why the sound has that characteristic “flutter”.
The interesting thing about compressor surge is that it occurs much more readily at low turbo shaft speeds. At these low shaft speeds, on road cars this is generally between 2000 and 3000 RPM, compressor surge is not much of a problem, as the loads generated by the surge are miniscule compared to what the turbo encounters at high boost. However, if surge occurs at high RPM and boost, it is possible to reduce the turbo life and/or damage the compressor.

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
oh....

that wierd.. coz my fren gav me this vid... he said this sound nice.. lol

so i upload it coz i dunno wat brand was it...
coz im seaching for new bov for my upcoming 4g93T....

so the 1st clip is not a bov sound???
than wat is the actual bov sound from s14???

but the sample 2 clips definately a blow off sound rite in that s15?

Last edited:

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Last edited:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
avaults : sorry for not watching both videos , video titled BOV sound 2 on the s15 sounds more like my Greddy Type-R, just a small sneeze sound , the kur kur kur is BOV surge sound.

sakuraguy : yeaps, there is a reason y there was a surge in video BOV sound S14 , u got to know that , the video shows that the s14 is on a track and its boosting in a corner , as usual , turbo cars do not usually FULL BOOST :) on the corners, thus the boost level is low, and most racing engines use big bov's , the reason y they use big ones are because, they need a reliable BOV that can handle high boost application , if they use a weaker bov or a softer setting , it will LEAK , if they use a big bov or harder setting , it will surge on low boost, but will hold well on high boost, i know he doesnt want to hit high boost on tht corner, thts the reason he keeps on leaving his deaccelerating and letting the boost go down :)

bt nowdays , there are ways to eliminate surge these days , this is an example of anti surge turbo compressor housing by garrett http://www.slowboyracing.com/img/GT 30R.jpg

Jin .. its not blow-off sound meh? .. Best Motoring guys damaging the compressor of their cars? .. :)

Last edited:

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
ah...

thx for the help guys....

i guess the 1st sample clips is not bov sound...

but some ppl said sample 2 is using blitz super sound...

btw which brand provides the most paling ganas,loud sounds? any suggestions? since im new in turbo cars..

thx for the helps from all sifu's

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
ah...

thx for the help guys....

i guess the 1st sample clips is not bov sound...

but some ppl said sample 2 is using blitz super sound...

btw which brand provides the most paling ganas,loud sounds? any suggestions? since im new in turbo cars..

thx for the helps from all sifu's
It is BOV sound but not original /good BOV sound. The Blow Off Valve makes such sound because its under Compressor Surge condition. Thats y .. the sound is coming out from BOV anyway.

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
avaults : sorry for not watching both videos , video titled BOV sound 2 on the s15 sounds more like my Greddy Type-R, just a small sneeze sound , the kur kur kur is BOV surge sound.

sakuraguy : yeaps, there is a reason y there was a surge in video BOV sound S14 , u got to know that , the video shows that the s14 is on a track and its boosting in a corner , as usual , turbo cars do not usually FULL BOOST :) on the corners, thus the boost level is low, and most racing engines use big bov's , the reason y they use big ones are because, they need a reliable BOV that can handle high boost application , if they use a weaker bov or a softer setting , it will LEAK , if they use a big bov or harder setting , it will surge on low boost, but will hold well on high boost, i know he doesnt want to hit high boost on tht corner, thts the reason he keeps on leaving his deaccelerating and letting the boost go down :)

bt nowdays , there are ways to eliminate surge these days , this is an example of anti surge turbo compressor housing by garrett http://www.slowboyracing.com/img/GT 30R.jpg

Simply, i know tat .. just to kacau u while i get some explanation video for the guy. :)

Cheers!

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
I still love the SSQV sound ... must we buy it original?

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Actually Im not so agree on that compressor surge. You see, every spinning object are designed to spin clockwise or anti-clockwise. In fact, the leave inside the turbine is free, not single direction in mechanical term.
If you want to talk about surge, let take an example for stand fan which is single direction spin object. It will spin clock wise. But if you force it to stop or you try to turn it anti-clockwisely, the motor of the fan sure will surge.
Let say you are using creating an object to spin by your hand. You spin it and you stop it and make it to spin backward, anything will do harming to the thing?
Share your opinion and we shall discuss on it.

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
halo? Anyone there? Please share with me or correct me about my idea. I really deep into it for more clearly picture.