PLS help with lancer meter

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
Guys im not very sure if its my timing too low or my meter gone crazy. problem is, my car rpm keeps fluctuating at low rpm not always but somtetimes only, i mean by stalling the car. it is around 300rpm but my car is not shaky or vibrating. so i thought it was my meter gone crazy, if the rpm is too low, common sense, goin at the speed of 90kmh will be below 3k rpm but ther is nothin wrong with it. if reli spoil of course it will be like 2k rpm at 90kmh. normally my car stalls, it will be 1k rpm, but few days back it is always below 1k. sumtimes it shows near to 0 rpm wen my car is started but not moving. so i was thinking either my meter is spoilt or it coould be my engine timing too low. i tried revving till 1k rpm but it sounds like 1.5k rpm. den tried driving 90kmh but ther is nuthin wrong, it still remains 3k rpm at 90kmh.
whts wrong? im reli scared if ther is wiring problems in the ECU only, others at least i can still afford to replace it like meter or mebi wiring socket. shud i reset my ecu to see wht is the outcome by taking out the battery cable? pls help. im frustated over it. i like perfection. hehe

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
In case you don't know, unlike protons.. the tacho of mitsu meter can be calibrated..
If you got time, take out the green part abit but don't dismantle it completely and see at the back of it (red arrow). There should be a small screw inside. Turn it clockwise/anticlockwise until you got proper reading of your tacho.. alrite

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
huakenny: sure i will try dat first. thankz

dremel: wahlan, can diy one ar? isnt it the mirror of that meter is sealed by the sealant? how am i suppose to take it out? and do u mean by turning the black screw which is visible ones? lets say i take it out and adjust, how shud i know the proper reading becus it is not connected anywher wherby i cant read the proper reading of my engine timing. do u mean by adjust den instal den see, if kenot take out and adjust again until it is correct? im afraid i might be doin R&D (Research and Destroy)..hehe

Last edited:

garam

Apr 28, 2005
How about with the fuel level,mine stop at 1 line from below any sollution

garam

Apr 28, 2005
no what i mean is the needle never show empty tank but stop at 1 line from last thank you

anvies

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
Visit site
my wira meter also having similar problem but i think is the meter problem... cause the engine temp meter, rpm meter and the fuel meter always got problem.... for the fuel meter it sometimes shows the proper reading but sometimes it shows till the top or till the bottom... my engine temp meter even having the same but it only show to C and not H... means only go down... my rpm meter... sometimes i start the car the rpm rised to 4k rpm and stucked there... but the engine is not at 4k rpm... just normal idle speed 700-800rpm, even i rev the car and move the car.... the rpm meter wont move at all... doesnt work at all... so i think its the meter spoilt. asked mechanic but he said need to changed whole meter which cause me few hundred RM... well like that need sux me few hundred i rather pay to petrol which can go more destination i wan than this thing... dont think to bother it cause its just... u know... a proton's product. bored with it already >.<"

cooldube

Known Member
Jun 20, 2004
shah alam
it happen to me too ( proton part ). I already change the fuel and temp at proton service centre n cost RM 240. It mean i can fix a gsr meter... now the rpm also same problem anvies one. I think this time i would change it. By the way , anyone know which product can be read rpm by using digital numbers???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all....
i'm a newbie here...
just want to ask all the taiko here maybe they can give me some advice..
my odometer is not working. the digit is not working. even if i drive from kl to Port Dickson, the odometer still the same.

example before going to PD, the odometer reads 380380. Reach PD also the same.

Maybe somebody can give me advice where to repair the meter.

Thank u all....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience