Please recommend me the most durable and serviceable hi-lo adjustable

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
As I said, you get closer to what you want in most conditions but not necessarily always comply. Note that you now can have Tein active EDFC also which brings damping like adaptive suspension to their adjustables. Now just a matter how much closer you want to your target setup whether you want to spend.

BTW you're too cynical on MY road conditions, so far I find Klang Valley roads are mostly still pretty good, not as bad as you said. I am used to driving in far worse. Here is just kiddie level compared to where I come from.
TEIN EDFC expensiveeeeeee where got RM1500

Reactions: Izso

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Actually kind of true, although i got 3 pair of adjustable shocks in my fleet, i only adjust them once or twice during initial setup. A good shock will satisfy any kinds of roads to a certain degree while providing certain degree of improved handling and comfort. Adjustable shock is good when you need to lower your car to a height that you like, as for damper rate, you rarely mess with it. At least that's my usage so far.

If i have another choice, i would go with OEM shaped shock with sport spring and call it a day. Adjustable for street car is somehow under use.
That's the thing, getting the ride height that suits your need is not easy. For me often if just sport springs, they're a bit too low and I wish it's just like 0.5-1cm higher but no more.

As for damping, I did fiddle around with it many times for many months until I reach my current settings.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
That's the thing, getting the ride height that suits your need is not easy. For me often if just sport springs, they're a bit too low and I wish it's just like 0.5-1cm higher but no more.

As for damping, I did fiddle around with it many times for many months until I reach my current settings.
My experience with sport springs they are low enough but runs the risk of bottoming out if you retain stock shock. Usually i will go with sport shocks to pair with it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My experience with sport springs they are low enough but runs the risk of bottoming out if you retain stock shock. Usually i will go with sport shocks to pair with it.
Actually have to, stock dampers cannot pair with sport spring, different rating. Dampers will damage faster too.....

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Zerone, GAB, HWL, KYB, D2 etc... budget within 1.5K

my car is ncp150 Vios

thank you sifus
I think you need to add another 3K to get a good suspension. I will put my budget at 4.5K to 5K for suspension. 1.5K just don't cut it.

Reactions: nw111 and Izso

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
My experience with stock dampers + shortened springs = boing boing boing boing boing. Sit behind sure vomit. Lucky I can hold on to my steering wheel.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
There are sport springs that can match pretty well with stock absorbers, for example Tanabe NF on my Mark X. Last time I paired them with stock absorbers and it still rode nicely almost like stock, not bouncy. Afterwards matched with TRD absorbers is even better. But the Eibach on my son's Swift is rather bouncy paired with normal KYB Excel G.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

My inspira braking system not so good...anyone have idea how to improve?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience