Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Zerone, GAB, HWL, KYB, D2 etc... budget within 1.5K

my car is ncp150 Vios

thank you sifus
Aiya kawan... do some research first la. Search online, forums, facebook, friends and all before asking generic questions like this. Besides, what is your definition of "most durable"? Usually if it's just hi-lo you won't get serviceable (most cases la).

And why do you want to go hi-lo?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Zerone, GAB, HWL, KYB, D2 etc... budget within 1.5K

my car is ncp150 Vios

thank you sifus
Sounds like you are a newbie, if you research around, you will know there's NO MOST DURABLE adjustable. Our roads here macam hantu, one fine day a new hole may grow and it will kill any adjustable if you hit it at the right angle.

With budget 1.5K, might as well as up about 500 more to go for a quality high low soft hard type. Remember, always look for adjustable with bodyshift you wanna height adjustment.

nw111

Known Member
Feb 13, 2018
Terra dei Motori
Top up few hundreds (even better thousands if you have the moolah) & buy something from Ftuned. I don't know what kind of solutions Farouk can come up for you with 1.5k budget, maybe at least some springs?

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
KYB RS Ultra
ok next.

• Haha
Reactions: Izso

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Agree with this, relatively pretty cheap yet works well but not adjustable.
because any adjustable for rm1500 will be rubbish.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Reputable imported adjustables I think minimum rm3k upwards, not sure about local brands.
yup
But TS might think we are arrogant assholes. Just saying you can’t get good adjustable for that kind of money.

And HONESTLY, I see no point in adjustable for pure street driving.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yup
But TS might think we are arrogant assholes. Just saying you can’t get good adjustable for that kind of money.

And HONESTLY, I see no point in adjustable for pure street driving.

Well adjustable is just that, to provide more ability to adjust. Sure you can try to somewhat achieve almost similar performance with a set of sport absorbers and springs but there's often a compromise there. Maybe it's not low enough or too low, damping too soft or too hard, cannot correct camber if necessary in many cases. Using adjustables you can try to get much closer to what you want/need.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Well adjustable is just that, to provide more ability to adjust. Sure you can try to somewhat achieve almost similar performance with a set of sport absorbers and springs but there's often a compromise there. Maybe it's not low enough or too low, damping too soft or too hard, cannot correct camber if necessary in many cases. Using adjustables you can try to get much closer to what you want/need.
The biggest variable for street driving is not the adjustables... it is the fking road.

The road is so fked here, you can't adjust your adjustable to perform at its best for the road. For the track, I understand.

Even if you drive the same road everyday, and don't go anywhere else, and you adjust your adjustable for that road. Guess what? Doesn't take that road very long to get fked due to heavy rain, lousy drainage and lorries & bus to fk that road up anyway. What you gonna do? Adjust your adjustable every 3 months? Ok, if you're that hardcore and dedicated, you win.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
The biggest variable for street driving is not the adjustables... it is the fking road.

The road is so fked here, you can't adjust your adjustable to perform at its best for the road. For the track, I understand.

Even if you drive the same road everyday, and don't go anywhere else, and you adjust your adjustable for that road. Guess what? Doesn't take that road very long to get fked due to heavy rain, lousy drainage and lorries & bus to fk that road up anyway. What you gonna do? Adjust your adjustable every 3 months? Ok, if you're that hardcore and dedicated, you win.
Actually kind of true, although i got 3 pair of adjustable shocks in my fleet, i only adjust them once or twice during initial setup. A good shock will satisfy any kinds of roads to a certain degree while providing certain degree of improved handling and comfort. Adjustable shock is good when you need to lower your car to a height that you like, as for damper rate, you rarely mess with it. At least that's my usage so far.

If i have another choice, i would go with OEM shaped shock with sport spring and call it a day. Adjustable for street car is somehow under use.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

As I said, you get closer to what you want in most conditions but not necessarily always comply. Note that you now can have Tein active EDFC also which brings damping like adaptive suspension to their adjustables. Now just a matter how much closer you want to your target setup whether you want to spend.

BTW you're too cynical on MY road conditions, so far I find Klang Valley roads are mostly still pretty good, not as bad as you said. I am used to driving in far worse. Here is just kiddie level compared to where I come from.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
As I said, you get closer to what you want in most conditions but not necessarily always comply. Note that you now can have Tein active EDFC also which brings damping like adaptive suspension to their adjustables. Now just a matter how much closer you want to your target setup whether you want to spend.

BTW you're too cynical on MY road conditions, so far I find Klang Valley roads are mostly still pretty good, not as bad as you said. I am used to driving in far worse. Here is just kiddie level compared to where I come from.
You meant in Indon ? You would need rally spec there

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need to respray my car inside & outside. Has anyone here got any good recommended place where i can go?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience