Pics: Pd rally..

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
Wow!It is possible that Gen2 can produce 150bhp at 6250rpm?Can the transmission support it?Because i know that Waja and Gen2 used the same transmission, F5M41.

Hard Tuned

May 14, 2005
Malaysia
Hmm....hmm....ya tak ya juga....but the rally car is really light and has low load....but anyway, that is why I'm looking for Mivec gearbox.....anybody knows where can I get it? Help needed. :)

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
Hard Tuned said:
Razaksa,

It is made from stainless steel. The primary pipes are of equal length. However, due to packaging constraint, the secondary length is not equal. The tertiary pipe is situated at the bottom of oil sump but packaged nicely to avoid crankshaft sensor.

for Gen-2, you need a brand new real tailpipe to suit this extractor. The rally car was really loud... :D it sounds like an aeroplane landing....if you were at PD...you would know that the Gen 2 is coming eventhough you cannot see the car....sounds really good. My friend worked on the muffler, so I gotta asked him.

right now I am designing a new extractor that is 4 into 1 because I want to shift the torque band upward since my driver uses the power 4500 rpm to 6500. The one that I have now is very good for low end and mid range torque. Anyway, the end pipe of the new extractor that I will design and probably use in Arau will stop at lower catalytic converter bottom flange, so any Gen 2 owner can just plug in the extractor without changing the rear tail pipe....just need to find extra money. :p

Damn, if I have extra money, maybe I can finish up my short runner inlet manifold too...with machined bell mouths....that would be awesome for high end torque....probably I can push CamPro power to 150 bhp at 6250 rpm....slurp....money money money money....money!! :rolleyes:
hi bro

tks for the info, i'm currently using hotbits 421 with OEM mid n rear setup, since its galvanised steel dont think it can last more than 2 years. anyway i'm looking for a better extractor and exhaust system esp since I plan to supercharge my gen2 next year. where r u fom? i'm from JB...probably should meet up sometime..im looking to improve low to mid end torque. I'll be test driving a gen2 fitted with OBIT piggyback this Saturday in JB, will keep you updated. Ur asking price for stainless steel extractors looks quite attractive...

btw do you know what gen2 engine internals or engine parts that could be swapped with Mitsu ones coz I'm looking to strengthen the internals first b4 the supercharging project eg pistons, conrods, crankshafts. metal gaskets, gearbox etc...wana go for 160hp at 6000rpm and 200nm torque at 2500 rpm..with the help of Gerard from Draeger Racing.

Last edited:

Hard Tuned

May 14, 2005
Malaysia
Rakzaksa,

wow...supercharging your CamPro... :eek: .hmm...you are well ahead of me.....I plan to do that too...but with proper dyno endurance test...but....It would be great to see your supercharged CamPro....

for the time being...I'm researching on turbo CamPro....should be ready by end of next month...

I'm in Shah Alam....so JB is quite far...but there will be a MRC round 5 in JB this 21st august...maybe we can meet up there....just find the Gen-2 and you'll find me.

I'm currently using a special Siemens VDO Ecu.....got a full time experts working on it....but yeah...I heard good things about O-bit....would love to buy one and get my calibration engineer work on it. How much do you think it cost? The O bit piggy back...

I think it's possible to achieve 200 nm on flywheel with forced induction...but you need a forged crankshaft my friend if you want it to last longer.

I know that you can use a 4G1 pulley if you want to put the supercharger. The block of CamPro should be the same with 4G1 block....you know...I gotta check this with my manager..he knows a lot about Mitsu engines..

Man...to get 160 bhp at 6000 rpm...you need 190 nm torque! and yet you want 200 nm at 2500 rpm....man...that will be tough man.....flat torque from 2500 to 6000 rpm....hmm....that will be awesome :rolleyes: please tell me if you can achieve it.

and yeah man....maybe at Rally Round 5, I just bring the extractor.

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
Hard Tuned said:
Rakzaksa,

wow...supercharging your CamPro... :eek: .hmm...you are well ahead of me.....I plan to do that too...but with proper dyno endurance test...but....It would be great to see your supercharged CamPro....

for the time being...I'm researching on turbo CamPro....should be ready by end of next month...

I'm in Shah Alam....so JB is quite far...but there will be a MRC round 5 in JB this 21st august...maybe we can meet up there....just find the Gen-2 and you'll find me.

I'm currently using a special Siemens VDO Ecu.....got a full time experts working on it....but yeah...I heard good things about O-bit....would love to buy one and get my calibration engineer work on it. How much do you think it cost? The O bit piggy back...

I think it's possible to achieve 200 nm on flywheel with forced induction...but you need a forged crankshaft my friend if you want it to last longer.

I know that you can use a 4G1 pulley if you want to put the supercharger. The block of CamPro should be the same with 4G1 block....you know...I gotta check this with my manager..he knows a lot about Mitsu engines..

Man...to get 160 bhp at 6000 rpm...you need 190 nm torque! and yet you want 200 nm at 2500 rpm....man...that will be tough man.....flat torque from 2500 to 6000 rpm....hmm....that will be awesome :rolleyes: please tell me if you can achieve it.

and yeah man....maybe at Rally Round 5, I just bring the extractor.
hard tuned

wish u all the best with campro turbo. keep me posted....if u interested to supercharge ur gen2 have a look at the following link http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=4389
think Draeger Racing is looking for a gen2 test car.

Btw are you using forged internals for your turbo project? You know how I can get hold of forged crankshaft, pistons and conrod?

Obit cost 2kRM including installation and tuning. for more info www.obitasia.com

4g1 series same as campro? do let me know?

Nice to meet fellow G2 performance enthusiast bro....send me an email at
[email protected] then we can exchange numbers.

Look forward to meet you at the JB rally..yeah bring along the extractors...I'm quite tempted

Btw can you provide me with the G2 ecu wiring diagram.

Do you work for RallyX? or are you one of the rally driver?

ethanphoon592

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Hi Hard Tuned,

i`m more interested in the recalibrated ECU, can we retune our standard ones? does this place provide this kind of services? anyway mine posting some pics of the engine bay, just want to see whether you still use the original air box configuration. Thanks!

Hard Tuned

May 14, 2005
Malaysia
Razaksa....sorry wrong info on the cylinder block.....not the same to 4G1...but according to my boss, the cranktrain from 4G18 can be carry over to CamPro....but you will lose 10 cc displacement....

I'm sorry I cannot share the ECU wiring diagram....it's confidential. :mellow:

The airbox is totally different...basically we use HKS filters...the air box is is used to separate the element from hot air. The element was proven on superflow machine to give a very low pressure drop about...247 cfm at 12 cm of water.

No, you cannot reflash the production ECU, only Siemens VDO German engineers can do it. The one that we use is a special one, and quite expensive. That's why I want to learn more on O-bits or MOTEC...which one is better?

I donno how to upload pics....got a lot of em. :p

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
to upload pics use free photo server like photobucket.com

upload your pics

paste the img tags on your reply

mie77

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
Hard Tuned...
Bro,I'm currently on a HotBits 4-2-1 extractor like razaksa's system,K&N Drop-In,HB xtrac,stock piping+mid-box+muffler but am now interested wit the stainless 4-2-1 ones like u mentioned,so izzit available to order ka?
And also,can I know wats the type/brand of mid-box/bullet n muffler can be used wit that extractor?Incl the cost..?cos I'm plannin+searchin to "upgrade" my G2 exhaust sys...Thanks Bro!

ethanphoon592

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Hard tuned,

So what you are saying you have completely ditch the stock air box setup and when for the HKS powerflow is it? because i`m currently like everyone else here using a k&n drop in, for experimentation purposes i`ve tried using an open pod k&n with a 4 inch staintless steel pipe just for a quick change over and it prove to be excellent on the throttle, somehow the acceleration on the low end was better but because its located right where the original air box was located it was sucking in a lot of hot air during slow traffic conditions and it was bogging down everytime, so i`ve use back my ori box with the drop in filter but i`m very sceptical with the ori box design, it doesn`t look as though a lot of air can flow through it, is this true? based on your cfm experimentations?
2ndly my question is, the campro engine has the potential to get about the hp that you`ve mention here is it, but its because we are limited by our stock ecu settings we are not able to get near your hp figure right? anyway does the car that you guys use here experience any knocking? Thanks..

Hard Tuned

May 14, 2005
Malaysia
ethanphoon592 said:
Hard tuned,

So what you are saying you have completely ditch the stock air box setup and when for the HKS powerflow is it? because i`m currently like everyone else here using a k&n drop in, for experimentation purposes i`ve tried using an open pod k&n with a 4 inch staintless steel pipe just for a quick change over and it prove to be excellent on the throttle, somehow the acceleration on the low end was better but because its located right where the original air box was located it was sucking in a lot of hot air during slow traffic conditions and it was bogging down everytime, so i`ve use back my ori box with the drop in filter but i`m very sceptical with the ori box design, it doesn`t look as though a lot of air can flow through it, is this true? based on your cfm experimentations?
2ndly my question is, the campro engine has the potential to get about the hp that you`ve mention here is it, but its because we are limited by our stock ecu settings we are not able to get near your hp figure right? anyway does the car that you guys use here experience any knocking? Thanks..

Yes, I completely ditched the ori airbox. The airbox was designed purely for NVH and filtering reasons.....the airflow is not that good. I have the data but I don't think you guys would be interested....a good air cleaner system can make a different by 4-6 bhp....that's pretty good....Did you notice in a Gen 2 there's two different kind of snorkels? Snorkel is the opening of the intake system. If I was not mistaken, the first batch of Gen 2 was equipped with a huge mouth snorkel...very bad for NVH....but very low pressure drop, by up to 1.0 kPa...that one is not bad if you use a drop in K&N filter..but if u use the small mouth snorkel which is currently on Gen-2...you are wasting ur money on the drop in K&N element (no offense K&N)....plus near the throttle body, there's this huge plastic box...that one is purely for equal air distribution throughout the throttle body. :)

So, you better use a K&N or HKS or even Simota...that you can buy at Brothers for RM 136 for cone or mushroom type air cleaner...but isolate em with air box..and put aluminium foil to reflect radiated heat...for snorkel or air duct...you should take the air away from the radiator...nake sure the air box is humongous...I'm in the process of finalizing my intake design for Rally-X...with full data and fully superflowed. :cool:

I am also finalizing a new exhaust extractor design....this one will have 3 variants..one 4-1, another one 4-2-1, and the last one 4-1 with catalytic converter...for those greenpeace lovers....need to sort out the simulation again...so that it is fully tuned for the engine. Once I finish it...than I will get it made with Stainless steel....then I can offer it...this one you can just plug it to CamPro without changing the mid and real tailpipe....but if you want to change it no problem too. ;)

Yes ethanpoon...you can always increase your specific output of CamPro..to get high horses...just shift your max torque to high rpm....but for me...I love max torque....but you need to work on ECU to reduce knocking....you want your precious engine to work longer...my friend is really good with Siemens VDO ECu...but it not reflashable....the one that I have is a special one and very expensive and not salable. I am now working to get a reflashable ECU from Siemens if it is possible coz I don't want to waste my friend skills on retuning ECU..he's really good at upping and shifting the torque curves and controlling knock...basically he make the air-fuel mixture richer so that the fuel will cool down the combustion chamber...also he's very good at retarding and advancing the ignition timing and other stuffs that I don't understand.

okay guys...see ya soon..anymore questions? :D

Emanage

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Hard Tuned said:
Yes, I completely ditched the ori airbox. The airbox was designed purely for NVH and filtering reasons.....the airflow is not that good. I have the data but I don't think you guys would be interested....a good air cleaner system can make a different by 4-6 bhp....that's pretty good....Did you notice in a Gen 2 there's two different kind of snorkels? Snorkel is the opening of the intake system. If I was not mistaken, the first batch of Gen 2 was equipped with a huge mouth snorkel...very bad for NVH....but very low pressure drop, by up to 1.0 kPa...that one is not bad if you use a drop in K&N filter..but if u use the small mouth snorkel which is currently on Gen-2...you are wasting ur money on the drop in K&N element (no offense K&N)....plus near the throttle body, there's this huge plastic box...that one is purely for equal air distribution throughout the throttle body. :)

So, you better use a K&N or HKS or even Simota...that you can buy at Brothers for RM 136 for cone or mushroom type air cleaner...but isolate em with air box..and put aluminium foil to reflect radiated heat...for snorkel or air duct...you should take the air away from the radiator...nake sure the air box is humongous...I'm in the process of finalizing my intake design for Rally-X...with full data and fully superflowed. :cool:

I am also finalizing a new exhaust extractor design....this one will have 3 variants..one 4-1, another one 4-2-1, and the last one 4-1 with catalytic converter...for those greenpeace lovers....need to sort out the simulation again...so that it is fully tuned for the engine. Once I finish it...than I will get it made with Stainless steel....then I can offer it...this one you can just plug it to CamPro without changing the mid and real tailpipe....but if you want to change it no problem too. ;)

Yes ethanpoon...you can always increase your specific output of CamPro..to get high horses...just shift your max torque to high rpm....but for me...I love max torque....but you need to work on ECU to reduce knocking....you want your precious engine to work longer...my friend is really good with Siemens VDO ECu...but it not reflashable....the one that I have is a special one and very expensive and not salable. I am now working to get a reflashable ECU from Siemens if it is possible coz I don't want to waste my friend skills on retuning ECU..he's really good at upping and shifting the torque curves and controlling knock...basically he make the air-fuel mixture richer so that the fuel will cool down the combustion chamber...also he's very good at retarding and advancing the ignition timing and other stuffs that I don't understand.

okay guys...see ya soon..anymore questions? :D
Yeah .... My question to you thru personal mail . Have you read it ?
Hard tune , mind to join our gen 2 club community ? I sure that there is many gen 2 mod fans will throw you bounce of question .... Here is the address :- www.gen2club.com\forum

ethanphoon592

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Hard Tuned,

Thanks for the facts, anyway i`m very interested with the upping of the torque curve, can you update me on this once you guys have completed the testing..Thanks man...

manhunt

Known Member
Jan 3, 2005
hard tuned..

where is your shop in shah alam....?
i want to get the best from your 421 set-up for campro..

currently in kl..

thanks bro...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

errm....just wan to ask...has anyone seen anywhere selling those sticker-like that lights up in blue color? i've seen b4 those who got viper alarm, there's a viper logo blinking in blue color just by the side of the front windscreen...

or anyhow i can dupe it?
btw, if i were to install viper alarm, how much does it cost?
thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience