Petronas diesel not good for Starex?

bro858

Known Member
Jul 26, 2007
Hi, recently I talked to a Hyundai salesman. He told me that petronas diesel is not good for Hyundai Starex. It will make the engine stalled unexpectedly. Is it true?

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Not only Petronas

Most of our diesel is low in quality...

Not suitable for modern diesel engines...

Thats why it gives a lot of problems, sudden breakdown, jerking etc.

That is also one of the reasons diesel cars with newer engines is NOT favoured locally thence no demand, and extremely low resale value...

One option is that you may try CALTEX newly launched biodiesel.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
before this, many favoured ESSO/MOBIL diesel... but now after converting to PETRON... not sure :hmmmm:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Listen to your salesman, what he says must be true! No lie!

He wouldnt be stupid to tell a lie if he is the Hyundai salesman (common sense will tell you)

He wants a sale why should he tell you a fancy story...

It must be true in all sense, there are such problems exist, and involved quite a number of units...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

bro858

Known Member
Jul 26, 2007
Hi all. Thanks for the responds. Actually I'm planning to buy either a Starex or a Pajero VGT. So I did survey both cars and do test drives. During the Starex test drive I asked the salesman about any common problem that I need to know about the Starex. He said as he sold few Starexs, the only bad feedback that he got from his customers is if they use Petronas diesel their Starex will suddenly stalled. If they use other than Petronas diesel then its OK. I've google for this problem and I found 2 other similar cases regarding Starex problem after filling with Petronas diesel. I also found a case of Triton user also got the same problem after using Petronas diesel. Actually I'm not really familiar with diesel engine and that's why I want to know more before buying one. In case if Petronas diesel is not good then I know I should avoid using it. Or should I bring this topic to Car Talk section so that all diesel car users can share their experience?:hmmmm:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If you prefer it to be on Car Talk session, can request moderator to move your thread to that section.
All the best in getting your preferred Diesel Ride bro! :top:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Maybe BH aka taiko orange supra can share some though on which diesel he try in his diesel BMW. I also notice caltex with the new bio diesel...

bro858

Known Member
Jul 26, 2007
If you prefer it to be on Car Talk session, can request moderator to move your thread to that section.
All the best in getting your preferred Diesel Ride bro! :top:
How to request to moderator to move my thread to Car Talk section? Or is it easier for me to just open new thread with new title 'Petronas diesel not good?' in Car Talk section.
About the diesel ride, when I first drive the Starex I thought it's going to be very sluggish due to its huge body(as I experienced before with the Pajero Sport GS). But as I hit the pedal wow it's very responsive and torquey, I like:love:. Later I found that the new Pajero VGT also as responsive as the Starex due to its new VGT. Now I'm still wondering which car should I choose among this two. I need space=Starex, but I also need better ground clearance=Pajero VGT. Damn it's quite hard to decide, but now the main thing is about the diesel itself. Please anyone if you can share your experience.

---------- Post added 11-23-2012 at 03:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 11-22-2012 at 10:35 PM ----------

Tq mod:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
How to request to moderator to move my thread to Car Talk section? Or is it easier for me to just open new thread with new title 'Petronas diesel not good?' in Car Talk section.
About the diesel ride, when I first drive the Starex I thought it's going to be very sluggish due to its huge body(as I experienced before with the Pajero Sport GS). But as I hit the pedal wow it's very responsive and torquey, I like:love:. Later I found that the new Pajero VGT also as responsive as the Starex due to its new VGT. Now I'm still wondering which car should I choose among this two. I need space=Starex, but I also need better ground clearance=Pajero VGT. Damn it's quite hard to decide, but now the main thing is about the diesel itself. Please anyone if you can share your experience.

---------- Post added 11-23-2012 at 03:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 11-22-2012 at 10:35 PM ----------

Tq mod:biggrin:
Where do you live that you needed a better ground clearance bro?

If for a family weekend kind of car you are looking for, I think Starex would be more suitable. Pajero Sports a bit higher,
so wont be very convenient for older people to get into a higher ground clearance car...

I opt for Starex...since both almost the same price hehe! VIP and comfort :biggrin:
Still depends on your needs la haha!

Not sure about the thread thingy, have to wait for moderators to reply/advice u :smile:
or you can pm one of the moderators.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I dont know if this topic is discussed before..

Just wanna ask sifu out there what is the best way to clean fuel injectors?

Using additives?
Go to mechanic n ask them to clean?If so which mechanic offer this kind of service?

Sorry guys.. seems like SPM question
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience