Petrol car or diesel car (2nd hand)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It is the truth. Would any second hand Japanese b segment car be feasible?
I wouldn't buy a Japanese B-Segment Diesel. But in terms of petrol - there are lots. Honda City, Toyota Vios are the most reliable of the lot.

All my cars above 10+ L/100km. When I see your 8.1, I think it's fuel sipping.

So what figures are you aiming for? Does this mean you are aiming for an older and lighter car? BMW by no means lighter.
wahlau... that e90 2.0 I was driving for a while managed 8-9L/100km city driving. You heavy footed ka?

and you live with it?
These guys love the driving feel of their cars. To them driving feel and dynamics trump fuel consumption. Like VR2turbo his whole family of 4 went car shopping and tried the CX5, Xtrail and all - the moment they got into the Forester they had decided. It was never about fuel consumption for these guys. Parakey is a car enthusiast whos ass is big enough to own 3 cars to his name (which isn't a lot compared to some of the champions here in ZTH) and all of them have their characteristics and feel.

If you're looking at FC only, I suggest you consider a Vios (any generation) or a Myvi (1.5 and newer only) or a Polo GTI/TSI. Direct fuel injection will beat the crap out of any car out there in terms of FC. City driving and boosting everywhere can give me lowest 14km/L in a Polo TSI and modified Jetta TSI. These DFI cars have crazy good FC but still lose to diesel though. If VW is too expensive then Vios is good. Else the Peroduas are the cheapest options.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I wouldn't buy a Japanese B-Segment Diesel. But in terms of petrol - there are lots. Honda City, Toyota Vios are the most reliable of the lot.

wahlau... that e90 2.0 I was driving for a while managed 8-9L/100km city driving. You heavy footed ka?

These guys love the driving feel of their cars. To them driving feel and dynamics trump fuel consumption. Like VR2turbo his whole family of 4 went car shopping and tried the CX5, Xtrail and all - the moment they got into the Forester they had decided. It was never about fuel consumption for these guys. Parakey is a car enthusiast whos ass is big enough to own 3 cars to his name (which isn't a lot compared to some of the champions here in ZTH) and all of them have their characteristics and feel.

If you're looking at FC only, I suggest you consider a Vios (any generation) or a Myvi (1.5 and newer only) or a Polo GTI/TSI. Direct fuel injection will beat the crap out of any car out there in terms of FC. City driving and boosting everywhere can give me lowest 14km/L in a Polo TSI and modified Jetta TSI. These DFI cars have crazy good FC but still lose to diesel though. If VW is too expensive then Vios is good. Else the Peroduas are the cheapest options.
His Iriz not getting 14km/l is abit surprising as that figure is easy to achieve in normal everyday driving.

Could be his driving style is not suited to CVT. I still remember when i first drove my bro Iriz, fc sucks as i am used to normal 4 speeder auto. With cvt i need to have better discipline on the throttle as at some point, a gentle press only result in higher rev but no go hence more fc.

Agree with u that VW direct injection offers great fc even when being spanked.

How abt hybrid?
A used Jazz hybriz any good?

On diesel, it would be interesting to see how the market will react once Isuzu brings in their 1.9l engine. Claimed with better fc than the current fuel sipping 2.5 vgs engine.

Or maybe...TS needs to train his left leg and go 3 pedal?

Reactions: DNGFashion

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
These guys love the driving feel of their cars. To them driving feel and dynamics trump fuel consumption. Like VR2turbo his whole family of 4 went car shopping and tried the CX5, Xtrail and all - the moment they got into the Forester they had decided. It was never about fuel consumption for these guys. Parakey is a car enthusiast whos ass is big enough to own 3 cars to his name (which isn't a lot compared to some of the champions here in ZTH) and all of them have their characteristics and feel. .
My forester actually gives the best mileage, because CVT, but highways only. It's heavy so for town, stop go traffic pretty heavy FC. Then of course VR, driving VR really never think of FC.......hahhahaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
How abt hybrid?
A used Jazz hybriz any good?
If you're not used to driving hybrid the battery regen will be a nuisance. And the braking feel is absolutely rubbish with the brake regen also. I personally hate older hybrids. The newer ones though have improved a lot on these items but I still dislike them. I drove the Jazz hybrid to Ulu Yam and back and I was sooooo tired after a day of driving it. It's bumpy, it's slow and heavy and the brake/coasting batt regen made me want to puke everytime. It was so hard to drive smooth.

My forester actually gives the best mileage, because CVT, but highways only. It's heavy so for town, stop go traffic pretty heavy FC. Then of course VR, driving VR really never think of FC.......hahhahaha
Well, only car that can get good FC in jam situation is the hybrids.

bro, this is ZTH (Zero To Hundred). These folks only aim how to achieve that 0-100 goal... performance... performance... and enjoy driving... FC not in picture. LoL
Not really la. I am a stickler for FC but I also want a good driving feel.

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
reading all your insights gave me a wake up call. I guess I will stick to my current ride until I have the finance for a ride which I fall in love again and again.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
reading all your insights gave me a wake up call. I guess I will stick to my current ride until I have the finance for a ride which I fall in love again and again.
Does that mean you are no longer that hung up on FC anymore?

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
bro, this is ZTH (Zero To Hundred). These folks only aim how to achieve that 0-100 goal... performance... performance... and enjoy driving... FC not in picture. LoL
hahhahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahhahaa..........................:rofl:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
booost....VR
FC, what FC ? hahaha....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hihihi...i would luv to see that day.
I bet u will own at least 2 ride with totally opposite character and die2 said u loved them both. Even when u said its rubbish, u will still keep driving it.

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
Does that mean you are no longer that hung up on FC anymore?
I am in a perpetual dislike relationship with my current ride. While I dont want to fall into this snarl again, It doesn't feel good at all now!!

Hihihi...i would luv to see that day.
I bet u will own at least 2 ride with totally opposite character and die2 said u loved them both. Even when u said its rubbish, u will still keep driving it.
I hope so too. This will transpire when i have the finance for it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is my boss's car. The paint was in terrible condition upon delivery. Defects were all over and deep. Pictures shall talk.

Full of swirls and watermark etching. Generous amount of random deep scratches too.

A closer look

The least aggressive method was tried. A light...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience