PERMAGLASS vs MEGUIARS

fishbonezken

Feb 13, 2006
The brand is not important.

What is, is the type of product that you will be using.
Is it a wax? Is it a sealant? Is it a polish? Is it a combination of a polish and a sealant?

Meguiar's sells dedicated products for the specific steps such as polishes to remove scratches and swirl marks. e.g. Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and Meguiar's SwirlX.

Permaglass product for paint, is the polymer sealant, which is a combination of cleaning agents and a sealant. I suspect this wouldn't do much to remove swirls.

I would probably go for either MG Ultimate Compound or SwirlX

BUT...

application is also very important. Chances are you will be using it by hand, don't expect to remove all the swirls from your paint by hand completely. This depends on how bad the swirl marks are and the hardness of your paint. Polishing away swirl marks by hand requires much more work, it's not like spreading wax over the paint. You have to work it in, rub it in until you see the swirls slowly diminish until the level you are satisfied with.

If you have the budget...using it with a dual-action polisher will produce much better results. If not, by hand is pretty good and will get the paint looking clean and shiny.

Remember to top it off with any wax or sealant.

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
The previous time i had bought a permaglass WASH & WAX shampoo, clay no 2 (light colours cars), and polymer sealant for rm 60bucks in total. I spent the time using the above equipments and was pretty happy with the results but after having it for 2 months small swirls starts to build up as i normally wash my car once a week by myself. The shine is there but not up to my standards as i have seen meguiars results and i was pretty happy with my friends car which has meguiars on his car.

About the swirlX how do we go about the methods of using it anyways?How much is it in the market?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Bro if you say after two months the swirls reappear could it be caused by the washing? No offense. Just asking... Maybe the wash cloth is damaged or too harD?

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Well im not too sure about that but im using microfiber clothes wor. Probably i need to get new clothes soon ler .heheh

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The previous time i had bought a permaglass WASH & WAX shampoo, clay no 2 (light colours cars), and polymer sealant for rm 60bucks in total. I spent the time using the above equipments and was pretty happy with the results but after having it for 2 months small swirls starts to build up as i normally wash my car once a week by myself. The shine is there but not up to my standards as i have seen meguiars results and i was pretty happy with my friends car which has meguiars on his car.

About the swirlX how do we go about the methods of using it anyways?How much is it in the market?
any product will be good if you use them in the right way. scratchX 2.0 cost about RM65 but i think is kinda waste if you use it on the paint plus the product is kinda little, i use scratchX 2.0 on door handle only and it works very well. microfibers towel should be plushy, if you find out is not plushy anymore it will scratch your paint too. so be more caution on them and is not cheap to get good mf towel in the market. like what fishbonez said, if you have the budget you can get a DA buffer (dual action) or ROB (random orbital buffer) for better results.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

ScratchX 2.0

Apply by hand or with a DA

Keep ScratchX 2.0 close at hand for a quick removal of isolated paint problems whenever they occur.
Competitive products either hide the blemish or scratch the finish. Meguiar's exclusive micro-abrasive system enables ScratchX2.0 to remove the blemishes while restoring brilliant high gloss.

Directions: By Hand - Dispense small amount of product onto a 100% cotton terry towel or foam applicator pad. Work ScratchX 2.0throughly into surface one section at a time.

By DA (dual action polisher) - Dispense a small amount onto a clean polishing pad. Buff the affected area using overlapping passes. Remove excess with a quality microfiber or 100% cotton terry towel. Re-apply as needed. Avoid applying to rubber or vinyl.

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Hey thanks muyo and the rest of u. I shall try and get the scratch X2.0 today then.

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Hey guys,

I just did another round of clay 2 directional (vertical & horizontal) way and sealant and very happy with the detailing as i managed to remove 95% of the swirls for my car. Had changed to a new microfiber cloth and its now shiny.

But i would like to seek ur opinion as after using the microfiber cloth when wiping the car dry, do i use shampoo to wash the cloth/rinse with water and hang to dry?

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Hi Fish,

Thanks for the write out bro. Appreciate it alot. I believe based on the pictures and each detail does explain the respective products ups and downs but there is one thing that creates a lot of question marks on our heads which is true that the cheapest product is quite satisfying but the question is based on the taped sections of the 4 might not have the equal paint marks as the other sections and the DA of course does the greatest job among all but in terms of the product is on how you could make it shine. I am here not to debate or critize but just to give my opinions and share my experiences and knowledge as well. hehehe

fishbonezken

Feb 13, 2006
Hi Fish,

Thanks for the write out bro. Appreciate it alot. I believe based on the pictures and each detail does explain the respective products ups and downs but there is one thing that creates a lot of question marks on our heads which is true that the cheapest product is quite satisfying but the question is based on the taped sections of the 4 might not have the equal paint marks as the other sections and the DA of course does the greatest job among all but in terms of the product is on how you could make it shine. I am here not to debate or critize but just to give my opinions and share my experiences and knowledge as well. hehehe
Thanks Imprezho, any opinion is good for us to use. I wouldn't dare say that the paint marks are 100% equal throughout the whole bonnet but I would say at least 80% equal because this car hasn't had half the bonnet polished before, or parked sideways where only half of the bonnet is exposed. :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

alloooz bros...

need some help...how to determine whether the engine is leaking or not...my engine got some oil stain on it.the mechanic said that maybe the engine is leaking...thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience