Perdana v6 : Road to 300whp.... and beyond

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
quick update, probably no update till q4 this year, hahaha..

upgrade cooling system:

Spal fan,now during idle/stop&go traffic under hot sun, no more sweating:

transfer case + rear differential semi lsd to transfer into eterna tt casing.

Now left:
-find unwelded final drive/ buy gearbox 4wd
-strip chassis and rebuild to fit 4wd system.
-custom upper arm fr/rear.
-td0520g turbo and retune with 4wd.
- prep for track day :banana::burnout:

so close, yet so far :driver:

Reactions: ^pomen_GTR^

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Nice fan, copy me buy SPAL ar :biggrin: before this what you use not enough need to change to SPAL?

Can't wait to see your 4wd project complete. Do you plan to endorse it though? Can be done wan right? Need to find 4wd dyno now for you

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Nice fan, copy me buy SPAL ar :biggrin: before this what you use not enough need to change to SPAL?

Can't wait to see your 4wd project complete. Do you plan to endorse it though? Can be done wan right? Need to find 4wd dyno now for you
copy u la..did some googling on spal, almost bought flex-a-lite. I was using standard v6 fan for ac, felt the heat being blow during idle/stop n go traffic, but no issue if on the move. Checked with 2 ac shop, nothing wrong with my ac, just alu rad nature to cause the heat during idle/stop&go.

lambat lagi, rebuild chassis agak mahal, endorse called jpj and working on it though, it can be done but paperwork needed from insurance as well. Iszo ada contact for mainline 4wd iinm

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
copy u la..did some googling on spal, almost bought flex-a-lite. I was using standard v6 fan for ac, felt the heat being blow during idle/stop n go traffic, but no issue if on the move. Checked with 2 ac shop, nothing wrong with my ac, just alu rad nature to cause the heat during idle/stop&go.

lambat lagi, rebuild chassis agak mahal, endorse called jpj and working on it though, it can be done but paperwork needed from insurance as well. Iszo ada contact for mainline 4wd iinm
SPAL pun ada banyak model, I see the one you got is the slim motor punya ar or is it the medium? You bought from Yu Jin? No regrets la pakai SPAL, just that my car now sounds like a jet engine when the fan turns on and also the current draw quite high. Was expecting it to draw less current than the stock fan but it seems to be drawing even more. But yeah, water temp and aircond had never been better since I installed it :biggrin:

But stock fan should be quite good also wad, did you feel a difference after installing the spal? And if the only issue is aircond not cold, can try adding some sponge between the radiator and condenser, make sure the air actually draws through the condenser instead of the gaps between.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
SPAL pun ada banyak model, I see the one you got is the slim motor punya ar or is it the medium? You bought from Yu Jin? No regrets la pakai SPAL, just that my car now sounds like a jet engine when the fan turns on and also the current draw quite high. Was expecting it to draw less current than the stock fan but it seems to be drawing even more. But yeah, water temp and aircond had never been better since I installed it :biggrin:

But stock fan should be quite good also wad, did you feel a difference after installing the spal? And if the only issue is aircond not cold, can try adding some sponge between the radiator and condenser, make sure the air actually draws through the condenser instead of the gaps between.
bought from amazon, quite fast arrive, around 10 days. nt sure which, definitely slimmer than stock. hahaha. drawing current high?urs rated for more than 12v?

i added some foam in between the rad and condenser dy, but didnt work well with stock fan.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
bought from amazon, quite fast arrive, around 10 days. nt sure which, definitely slimmer than stock. hahaha. drawing current high?urs rated for more than 12v?

i added some foam in between the rad and condenser dy, but didnt work well with stock fan.
What model is your fan? Can't see the model. If got model, can find the fan performance chart with current draw and all. Yes of course rated 12V, but the current draw depends on the model, those big big powerful motor current draw will be quite high. Mine my high powered motor 12" fan at passenger side is pulling like 13Amps and the medium motor 13" fan is pulling around 8-9Amps of current according to the data sheet. When both fans turns on with aircond and lights on, voltage drop to around 13 or slightly lower than 13 liao.

Why never ask me about the fan, got local dealer here la, and that guy most probably is also Izso's contact for the Mainline dyno haha

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Quick Mid year update,

Manage to source housing gearbox, Current housing mcm leaking abit, the oil does not drip but theres residue surrounding gearbox area.:smokin:

Anddd, finally, something to lower down the cost for awd:

stripped out chassis of eterna awd (perdana identical sibling), i can take the longshaft bracket instead of fabricate a new one :banana:

Reactions: Izso

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Quick update..progress still on going..

not enough moolah to pasang terus awd, hence split to 2 part. Bought all the item required. now just need $$ and time.

-bought new exhaust fgk legalis R and replace geforce exhaust taken from evo6 previously.
-installing awd tank. Luckily it come with awd set direct from awd eterna. So everything is there including fuel tank cover/mounting bracket and wire harness. Usually halfcut sell the tank only with incomplete harness <-- this cause fuel reading inaccurate. and require custom bracket.
-change 2.5 piping to 3" ss piping with awd tank fitting.
-replace old rubber/vacuum hose.
-change custom hid light system to led light system with 6000+- candela output :rock:
-new ps4 donut with wider tyre. from 215 - 225/45/17

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
nice LED projector mod :driver: the correct mod :biggrin:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
nice LED projector mod :driver: the correct mod :biggrin:
thx bro..i didnt mod it, send to csb pro for the job. :rock:

applying Izso dark art and the best way to describe it, i can here my fuel pump running now and there is no shouting when talking to rear passenger on highway cruise.

Reactions: Izso

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
wrap up 2019 with rare gem.

Its difficult to get ori kacuk bonet evo3 and perdana nowadays. Manage to get one at cheap price.

With every bush replace, and adjustable serviced, hopefully can transplant awd 2020.

happy holiday and happy new year!

:party::party:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
wrap up 2019 with rare gem.

Its difficult to get ori kacuk bonet evo3 and perdana nowadays. Manage to get one at cheap price.

With every bush replace, and adjustable serviced, hopefully can transplant awd 2020.

happy holiday and happy new year!

:party::party:
Wah! Evodana.....:driver: