Perdana v6 : Road to 300whp.... and beyond

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
after few studies on other forum on piggy vs re-chip/chipped/reflash vs standalone, ill take re-chip for now. Engine with stock internal and @ 1bar boost, rechip should suffice. See dyno result and plan for 2nd stage.

Links evo+ for evo3 looks soo goood.

still able to run the car right? driving NA :nurse:
i read many vs vs vs...reflash is best alternative.
stock ecu "sometimes" outsmart piggyback. :smokin:
standalone, no boundary....lol

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
i read many vs vs vs...reflash is best alternative.
stock ecu "sometimes" outsmart piggyback. :smokin:
standalone, no boundary....lol
IMO, standalone if you're going race mode 24/7..with no stock component hahaha..

would go that route if able to plonk this 4g63t to other awd.

Mine can add chip, got 2 empty space for it.....:driver:
so total 3 space? able to switch those chip slot on the go? :hmmmm:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
so total 3 space? able to switch those chip slot on the go? :hmmmm:
Nope, 2 slots only. As far as I know VR4 have 3 variants. 200bhp cyclone, 220bhp and 240bhp RS. Mine is the 200 cyclone. Original ECU konk, this one no additional slots ECU. Manage to source for 220bhp ECU with slots, these 2 ECU can interchange and use. 240 one I heard cannot use in my 200 ride.
The chips are soldered on and programmed but I did not do it.....

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
I remember talking to a guy at Tong turbo, if I need to rebuild by turbo he can also fit double fin for me.....:smokin:
Hi sir or anyone,

Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but what do you mean by fitting double fin? 6+6, 7+7? Currently iam running blitz k3-450r, quite laggy, 4.7krpm full boost, old style turbo. Maybe like td06-20g range but bigger fin.

So my questions is, with double blade, will it give more power or better spool? if yes, which one configuration should i use? as there are mane double fin configuration, 6+6, 7+7 and so on. What ive manage to google is between garrett gt and gtx, the gtx uses 11 blade solid design, it gives better power with slower spool maybe 200-300rpm slower.

Regards

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
abang2 ni semua turbo besar..
saya TD04 tumpang lalu.....
silakan lalu otai..

Nope, 2 slots only. As far as I know VR4 have 3 variants. 200bhp cyclone, 220bhp and 240bhp RS. Mine is the 200 cyclone. Original ECU konk, this one no additional slots ECU. Manage to source for 220bhp ECU with slots, these 2 ECU can interchange and use. 240 one I heard cannot use in my 200 ride.
The chips are soldered on and programmed but I did not do it.....
good to know, thanks for sharing. But that ecu does not have switch to toggle between the ECU?

Hi sir or anyone,

Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but what do you mean by fitting double fin? 6+6, 7+7? Currently iam running blitz k3-450r, quite laggy, 4.7krpm full boost, old style turbo. Maybe like td06-20g range but bigger fin.

So my questions is, with double blade, will it give more power or better spool? if yes, which one configuration should i use? as there are mane double fin configuration, 6+6, 7+7 and so on. What ive manage to google is between garrett gt and gtx, the gtx uses 11 blade solid design, it gives better power with slower spool maybe 200-300rpm slower.

Regards
Hi,

iinm single vs double fin would be difference in efficiency(more air), given that single and double fin has same turbine/compressor size. But double fin may require better IC due to heat its produce.

reference : http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=268828

hope it helps :smokin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi sir or anyone,

Regards
6+6 design cast wheel for better spool....

i would recommend 11 blade cnc wheel if u were upgrading from smaller/stock turbo.....

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
I dont know how to use multi-quote, but may thanks for the input sirs.
marsha1l_v6
^pomen_GTR^

Regards

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi bro, I just installed piggyback and dynoed few months back, perdana evo 3 too, tuned and dynoed by MAG , currently I'm standing at 275whp with 313nm torque on dyno dynamics (306whp on dynojet) this is my spec:

Evo 3 with stock internals (top overhaul done last year)
Banana
Waste gate
Td05 16g boosting at 1.1bar
AVS piggyback
Engine Balancing shaft removed
AVS 255lph fuel pump
Works fuel regulator stage 1
Straight 3" exhaust from front to back
Works boost controller
Exedy organic clutch ( need to upgrade)
S90 70mm throttlebody with ported intake manifold

Attachments

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Hi bro, I just installed piggyback and dynoed few months back, perdana evo 3 too, tuned and dynoed by MAG , currently I'm standing at 275whp with 313nm torque on dyno dynamics (306whp on dynojet) this is my spec:

Evo 3 with stock internals (top overhaul done last year)
Banana
Waste gate
Td05 16g boosting at 1.1bar
AVS piggyback
Engine Balancing shaft removed
AVS 255lph fuel pump
Works fuel regulator stage 1
Straight 3" exhaust from front to back
Works boost controller
Exedy organic clutch ( need to upgrade)
S90 70mm throttlebody with ported intake manifold
always envy those with TD05 16g that can boost 1.1 bar, I only 0.8 despite bigger turbo..
no piggyback..
no boost controller..
everything stock..

fast car you got there.. Fat wallet too

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Not fat wallet bro, it took me more then two years to do one by one with all the maintenance as well alot parts needed replacement due to the mileage

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,
I have a 4g93T under my hood and have had this lovely engine for nearly a couple of years now.Did no bother about installing any boost meter or whatever as i don't find the need too.stock standard.but suddenly got the urge to fix some gauges.what is the most important gauges for a stock baby.i'm sure boost meter will be the most important.what else comes next?oh yea i dont even have a timer.Oh if u guys can list down the gauges by importance it would be very helpful.if brands of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience