Perdana v6 : Road to 300whp.... and beyond

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
ur stock also better than mine. i still live with td04. So bro kurt, don feel sad. :biggrin:
Later no peace chasing horsie.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi bro, I just installed piggyback and dynoed few months back, perdana evo 3 too, tuned and dynoed by MAG , currently I'm standing at 275whp with 313nm torque on dyno dynamics (306whp on dynojet) this is my spec:

Evo 3 with stock internals (top overhaul done last year)
Banana = stock manifold
Waste gate
Td05 16g boosting at 1.1bar
AVS piggyback = still looking
Engine Balancing shaft removed
AVS 255lph fuel pump
Works fuel regulator stage 1
Straight 3" exhaust from front to back =2.5"
Works boost controller
Exedy organic clutch ( need to upgrade) =stock evo3 tranny with lock to 2wd
S90 70mm throttlebody with ported intake manifold = stock throttlebody
Nice torque there. Daily drive 1.1 bar?

currently my car running 0.9 daily and spec. as listed above. Should have go for ported intake during top overhaul :mad:

any benefit on removing engine balancer?

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Nice torque there. Daily drive 1.1 bar?

currently my car running 0.9 daily and spec. as listed above. Should have go for ported intake during top overhaul :mad:

any benefit on removing engine balancer?
Engine vibration will be more abit then normal especially when you let go the throttle at higher rpm, not daily driven, maybe driven 2 - 3 times in a week, but I won't be boosting 1.1bar all the time, and the gearbox 2 wheel locked lsd

Last edited:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Engine vibration will be more abit then normal especially when you let go the throttle at higher rpm, not daily driven, maybe driven 2 - 3 times in a week, but I won't be boosting 1.1bar all the time, and the gearbox 2 wheel locked lsd
any issue with the driveshaft with lsd gbox?

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
any issue with the driveshaft with lsd gbox?
When I bought the car , I was having driveshaft problem, got sound when turn , my previous foreman took out both front driveshaft and send to machinery to redo back , no problem since , just changed the driveshaft cover and put some grease recently

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I was offered a LSD gb once but could not find the drive shaft for it. Differ from my normal drive shaft....

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
New toy... Finally no more issue on boost controller/monitor.. Funding for link evo and will call it off for this year.. Need to fund for 2nd stge

Attachments

Last edited:

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
Is it SCG-1?

Bought mine at Rm1.2k last time, but back then was using bosch 4.1 LSU wideband, current is 4.9 i believe.
Its a good package overall, you can have wideband, ebc,shiftlight and also data logging, but its not that good at boost control. IMHO greddy OLED can do much better job than SCG-1 since the way it functions.

Let say you have external wastegate, and you hook up both nipple. In greddy oled, during spool up the boost controller will send pressure to the top wastegate nipple, so it will close the wastegate prior to the desired boost level. Meanwhile for SCG-1, it will do nothing until the desired boost pressure, it relies on the wastegate spring to close the wastegate and regulate pressure when it pass the spring rate for higher level boost.

Well it cost me Rm1.1k for the oled with 1 function, and cost me 1.2k for a lot of function ebc.

Owh the other thing, i also hook up the scg-1 to my emanage ultimate, so iam running auto tune function at cruising for 14.7 afr. So there will be no issue on LTFT and STFT while running on a piggyback.

Regards

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Is it SCG-1?

Let say you have external wastegate, and you hook up both nipple. In greddy oled, during spool up the boost controller will send pressure to the top wastegate nipple, so it will close the wastegate prior to the desired boost level. Meanwhile for SCG-1, it will do nothing until the desired boost pressure, it relies on the wastegate spring to close the wastegate and regulate pressure when it pass the spring rate for higher level boost.

Well it cost me Rm1.1k for the oled with 1 function, and cost me 1.2k for a lot of function ebc.

Owh the other thing, i also hook up the scg-1 to my emanage ultimate, so iam running auto tune function at cruising for 14.7 afr. So there will be no issue on LTFT and STFT while running on a piggyback.

Regards
yup..SCG-1. now priced at both of oled + scg-1 when you bought it last time. RM value drop. Initially was going for the greddy but saw this device and add in abit can get better package so why not. :driver:

You are true on the scg-1 ebc..greddy is better.

Nice, am looking forward to hook this thing to EMU or Link evo later. :love:

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Hi guys,
Just in case any of you are looking for Haltech, I have one E6x for sale along with patch to be used with VR4 wiring (200/220/240 compatible). Tuned for stock VR4 RS 240 boosting 1.3bar with supporting mods. Letting go cheap to pay for 1MDB debts. Anyone interested can PM me ya. Thanks.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Budak 6 Cylinder kacau sikit.. tumpang.. pon pon :driver:

Twin Turbo can make it to 300bhp on wheel?
Found 1..produce more than 3xxhp...from fb group..its on sale at 30k:adore:

Proton Perdana V6 1999 Body
6A12 Twin Turbo Engine convert AR60 Garrett Single Turbo
Torque 67.42 Kg/m @ 5000rpm
Boost 1.2 bar 350bhp +NOS 450bhp
Boost 1.7 bar 400bhp +NOS 500bhp
Engine Modification
Garrett Turbo GT3037 Ball Bearing
JE 79mm Forged Piston
Super90 Throttle Body
Custom Forged Con Rod
750cc Fuel Injector
HKS Cam Pulley
NKG Plug Cable
Fuel Regulator
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
Custom Stainless Steel Piping with Thermal Wrap
Tial Blowoff Valve
Tial Wastegate
Apexi Intercooler
Fully Samco Hose
Engine Management
HSK F-CON V Pro Standalone ECU
Unichip for NOS control
Greddy Boost Controller
Pivot Shift Light
NX 100BHP Single Shot NOS system

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just changed my 4g91 airfilter(box) to k&n airfilter:X-: the problem is the engine started to "sempot" :cry_smile: and when i drive my car also sempot-sempot... what should i do? hope somebody out there can help me to explain wht happen and how to solve it..... 4g91 taiko out there helpp!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience