PCD Conversion

fluffy?

Known Member
Jun 14, 2007
i want to convert my PCD frm 110 to 100.
how is it done?
i've been told to change my whole knuckle in front and hub behind.
but what about conversion without resorting to those options?

fluffy?

Known Member
Jun 14, 2007
i was told that they are kinda hard to find.i have had a hard time finding them.and also i've been shown that PCD converters (spacers) and wheel spacers are two different things.

the most popular way is to drill new holes (the desired pcd) on the knuckle itself.i think equinox and many others have done this,but i dont have faith in screwing my knuckles.

blackie,
got a new paint job?nice..hehe!

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
fluffy?,
you might wanna lookout for the usual spacers that are sold in most wheel shops as these are not only thin but are NOT hub-centric. hub-centric spacers like those from eibach are what you should be looking for.

dude, if you can't find it, machine one! we've got so many fabricators in the klang valley, all you need is a design stating the required dimensions, some cash and to thumb through the yellowpages or superpages to find a fabricator.

drilling your original hubs should be a last resort. it's the typical malaysian way, quick, cheap and easy. but bad practice if i may say.

fluffy?

Known Member
Jun 14, 2007
hrmm.. so customizing a spacer if i cant find one would be a safer way to go huh?okay okay..thanx bro!

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
bro, i also suffering same prob like you.....trying to fit PCD114.3 RIMS into PCD 100 car......big headache.....if you know of any good machine shops to do for me, pls tell...kinda desperate also.......haha

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
if you do need to drill a hole. get a machine shop that has the right tools. ie. milling machine. at least then you can get the PCD you want drilled at a 90 degree angle which would ensure your new replacement studs are press fitted in properly and will maintain more or less perpendicular to the hub. avoiding headaches later on when you try to fit your shiny new wheels and realize one of the studs are not perpendicular. you'll really be regretting and scratching your head if you encounter such a problem. :)

off the top of my head, i notice at least a dozen machine shops around subang industrial area. the area where AH(Ah Heng) exhaust is. just drive around, you'll notice signboards that have the words 'Engineering Works' or something similar.

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
if you do need to drill a hole. get a machine shop that has the right tools. ie. milling machine. at least then you can get the PCD you want drilled at a 90 degree angle which would ensure your new replacement studs are press fitted in properly and will maintain more or less perpendicular to the hub. avoiding headaches later on when you try to fit your shiny new wheels and realize one of the studs are not perpendicular. you'll really be regretting and scratching your head if you encounter such a problem. :)

off the top of my head, i notice at least a dozen machine shops around subang industrial area. the area where AH(Ah Heng) exhaust is. just drive around, you'll notice signboards that have the words 'Engineering Works' or something similar.
tqtq bro.....i know where is AH Heng exhaust area...is near the giant USJ rite??thanks

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
blackhowling,
exam period this entire month that's why no updates. but do stay tuned as the bodywork is APPARENTLY ready by next week...although i'm already bracing myself for more disappointments.

ae101rulez,
at the crossroad (left summit back entrance, straight is giant) go right. go all the way straight till u pass another crossroad, then turn left. go straight and explore the area. you should see a lot of accident cars and stuff lying around.

fluffy?

Known Member
Jun 14, 2007
ae101,
u found the place?i gotta go and check it out too.
aikz.need to fit my wheels in soon.

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
blackhowling,
exam period this entire month that's why no updates. but do stay tuned as the bodywork is APPARENTLY ready by next week...although i'm already bracing myself for more disappointments.

ae101rulez,
at the crossroad (left summit back entrance, straight is giant) go right. go all the way straight till u pass another crossroad, then turn left. go straight and explore the area. you should see a lot of accident cars and stuff lying around.
Thanks for telling.......found it last weekend but most shops close....will go there during weekdays....:_:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Im planning to upgrade the exhaust system of a Satria Neo R3. Im looking for a 4-2-1 extractor/header with a straight flow muffler. Please share your thoughts on the preferred brands (and why), workshops, experiences, price and any other information regarding about the topic would be helpful :D

My budget is around 1.5k-2k but if there are other better options that exceeds 2k, Im all ears. I would like to keep my options open for now.

Thank you :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience