Pasir Gudang Night Sprint April '04

seven

Dec 3, 2003
Hi Element,
I am not saying that the car should run 8secs 1/4mile, but has the potential to, if there is proper traction. Firstly, the gearbox has to be changed to either a top loader, air shift or sequential type. Secondly, as I did mentioned the tarmac has to be of proper type(drag strip), and thirdly, the tires has to mate to the tarmac( Full drag slicks, eg Hoosiers & Mickey Thomsons ), and lastly, the braking distance are too short, resulting in drivers losing time due to braking beforehand. And if you would like to check out those cars in Austraila which are hitting 8Secs & below are only 800+bhp, it's just a matter of weight to power ratio. The tarmac type is the reason why the 4wds are clocking faster times in Sepang, you can check out those drags cars in the states, austraila & japan, normally disable their 4wd to rwd for faster times. There are other examples like mutiara's JUN Hyper lemon S14 that suppose to run 9secs 1/4mile in Japan, but couldn't even make it during a trial run at PG( even with JUN's boss mr Koyama at the wheel), a particular R34 GTR from Singapore with 800bhp, with a sequential box that is suppose to run 9secs but only did his best of 9+sec at PG( 250metres ) & a 9sec car from States that was brought to Thailand & only manage to clock high 10's to 11 ( Thailand's Drag strip has the same tarmac as PG). So all this boils down to traction, brakin distance & driver. But think again you should be proud instead cause all these drag cars in Malaysia, have the potential for 9Sec & 8sec 1/4miles, but are only restricted due to the tarmac in compatibility. There will be a day, when those international drag racers will want to compete with Malaysia's drag cars.

Cheers

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
element, seven,

ya man..both of you guys got your own point of view la..chill down B)
to get 8secs, is not an easy thing to acheive in fact, but possible?....hmmm..from my point of view, we are still really far away from that but no harm of us improving or trying to do that,..
eventhough SIC is not a drag strip but the traction is somewhat so much better then else where...i competed in Thai's drag events,..most of them are held in airport, wit the rough cement concrete kind of surface...tarction is really a problem too...
other then those gadgets like you mentioned seven, we still need to have good mechanics around to put them up together...of course any tyre shop would know how to fix the thomsons...but which mechanic can make sure the transmission able to take the load???,....this is the thing that we should really try to improve don you think so...instaed of starting to throw loads of money buying all the best stuff....and as you guys know, most of the R34 from KL who joint the sepang race last time, they all running MoTeC M800!!!!.....wah..that gadget can do much better then what they did la...and also don see the point of using that also...
i'm sure that you guys heard about the monster EvoIII in Thailand who acheived 10.1sec quarter w/ NOS right?...the driver/owner Mr. Op, has been using the MoTeC M4 for his previous 4 cars before this monster... :( ..M4 in malaysia, what ah??.. :(
sigh,...sometimes got abit dissapointed with the attitude that people have here...singapore even worse i guess....people tend to have wrong perception that, a T88H can generate max bhp of 900, so if they have this turbine in their car, the power should be somewhat there....alamak... :(

however, i'll be bringing down one of my demo car R32 running HKS dogbox this time to sepang..hope that it will break into high 10s..let's see what will happen there ya guys...cheers B)
btw, which car that vaz-maz is gonna bring this time?...and i heard cars from ST-Power singapore coming leh...true?

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
good reply tony ,

are u a automobile engineer?........

puffcurry

Known Member
Dec 2, 2003
Ampang,Kuala Lu
profiles.yahoo.com
Originally posted by DRFT_240sx@Apr 28 2004, 06:59 AM
good reply tony ,

:P i'm surprised u dunt know who tony5050 is DRFT_240sx..

he's our resident drag champion...also auto-craft Expert (new word i learnt from Discovery Rides)

also a nissan driver just like u...maybe you should read his postings over at nissan thread....he's an old-timer in zth and all along i tot u knew him....hehehe :D

i quote XaMaX..XaMaX..'Tony5050 has the fastest car in zth', proven in an AAM sanctioned event..

seven

Dec 3, 2003
Hi Tony,

R U the guy that came down to Singapore to get some parts last year? I'm Ernest's( your classmate in UK ) fren. I'm the guy driving the rx7 remember? Anyway, think Vaz Maz will be bringing down their civic, 20B FD and 20B NA Savanah. As for ST-Power, they should be bring down that R34, which is supposed to be as fast as the legendary SL75. Anyway, am in need of an external wastegate, do you have any recond one? I know recond wg's are not advisable, but have no choice(budget wise). How are those Thai made ones? have 2 wg's now, but both have their diaphram's torn, and replacement from Trust is like $100plus USD.

Cheers,
Seven
:)

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
Originally posted by puffcurry+Apr 28 2004, 08:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (puffcurry @ Apr 28 2004, 08:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DRFT_240sx@Apr 28 2004, 06:59 AM
good reply tony ,

:P i'm surprised u dunt know who tony5050 is DRFT_240sx..

he's our resident drag champion...also auto-craft Expert (new word i learnt from Discovery Rides)

also a nissan driver just like u...maybe you should read his postings over at nissan thread....he's an old-timer in zth and all along i tot u knew him....hehehe :D

i quote XaMaX..XaMaX..'Tony5050 has the fastest car in zth', proven in an AAM sanctioned event.. [/b][/quote]
hahahah of course i know who he is dude......<_<

I just want to know if he graduated with an automobile degree....thats all

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
puffcurry and 240sx,
alamak..eheh,....i've been in zth since 2000 i think..hehe..
by the way, 240sx, i graduated as an Automotive engineer last year...but all theory no practical also won bring me anywhere... :(

seven,
oh..is you...how are you man..i went down to s'pore a few times after the time i met ernest too....are you coming down to KL this saturday?...recond wg ah, should be having some when my shop open..its gonna open soon in KL...somewhere during the mid of May.. B)
how;s your car anyway?

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
=) thx for the clarification tony.....cause i wan to choose a major which can bring me a career like yours....=)

where in kl is your shop?

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
240sx,
wow...glad to know that you gonna choose Automotive engineering also...basically what you would learn inside the course are all the theoritical part of engine design, how you determine gear ratio for given weight for given power,torque, and max rpm..heheh...where do you plan to do tht?..if you wan some material on that..let me know...others like engine mangement, vehicle dynamics etc etc will also be covered.. :lol:
my shop is in Bandar Sunway too...do you know the shop that used to do loads of MR2 called the Carisma garage at the end of the row same with DMT...the owner moved to somewhere already...i got to rent the shop and under renovation now...and my car is under preparation for coming drag there alredy..ehehhee....drop by if you free la.. :lol: B)

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
WoW thanks for the help tony really appreciate it , i sure will drop by....

actually im in US now....im considering cause i need to choose my major subject to do already.....guess

hey when will your shop be opening?....sure will bring my friends along to have a look.....i will be back in the middle of this year hehe ...u carry lsd for s14? or coilovers?

and thanks again for the help too....sure will ask u in the future if i need more help on certain subjects.........thank you thank you

i do hope to view some materials if u have them right now.......possible to email to me at [email protected] ? or pm me ........... thanks a lot again

seven

Dec 3, 2003
Hi Tony,

Sad man :( . Won't be able to go for the drags this sat. Got some fren's birthday party to attend. So how's your car coming along? My car is suffering from power lost....stupid wastegate diaphram must have tore, max boost only 12psi. So you came down a few times after our last meet-up? So whom did you go to? Btw, you're opening a shop in KL? Probably will drop by the next time I'm up there? Anyway, let me know if you're able to get the wg by this sat. Cause some of my frens will be there.

Thanks,
Seven

eovaz

Known Member
Apr 17, 2004
Johor
www.vazmaz.com
Originally posted by seven@Apr 28 2004, 08:30 PM
Hi Tony,

R U the guy that came down to Singapore to get some parts last year? I'm Ernest's( your classmate in UK ) fren. I'm the guy driving the rx7 remember? Anyway, think Vaz Maz will be bringing down their civic, 20B FD and 20B NA Savanah. As for ST-Power, they should be bring down that R34, which is supposed to be as fast as the legendary SL75. Anyway, am in need of an external wastegate, do you have any recond one? I know recond wg's are not advisable, but have no choice(budget wise). How are those Thai made ones? have 2 wg's now, but both have their diaphram's torn, and replacement from Trust is like $100plus USD.

Cheers,
Seven
:)
Vaz-Maz will be entering with their Honda Civic H22A and Mazda RX7 FD3s. Their Mazda RX7 Savanah will not be entering due to some mechanical problem with their gearbox.

TEAM VAZ-MAZ PERFORMANCE
MICROTECH AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEM

seven

Dec 3, 2003
Hi EvoVaz,

R U Edmund's nephew? So the savanah wun be taking part? Seems like "Wong" has not solved the problem yet? No choice Vaz Maz super pack with customer's cars, no time to work on their own race cars. So you'll be going up KL for the Sprint tis sat? Wanted to go up and see the FD perform. Damn cannot make it, have to attend a fren's birthday on the yatch. Pls do me a favour? PM me the results when you get back.

Thanks,
Seven

eovaz

Known Member
Apr 17, 2004
Johor
www.vazmaz.com
Originally posted by seven@Apr 30 2004, 10:00 PM
Hi EvoVaz,

R U Edmund's nephew? So the savanah wun be taking part? Seems like "Wong" has not solved the problem yet? No choice Vaz Maz super pack with customer's cars, no time to work on their own race cars. So you'll be going up KL for the Sprint tis sat? Wanted to go up and see the FD perform. Damn cannot make it, have to attend a fren's birthday on the yatch. Pls do me a favour? PM me the results when you get back.

Thanks,
Seven
hi seven.. not EvoVaz lah... its EOVAZ... hahaha... yeah i'm edmund's nephew..:)
nice to meet u... well... the FD cannot make it due to engine failure..
Honda Civic manage to get 2nd placing. Actually can get 1st wan.. the traffic lite rosak lah.. should be 'Orange, Orange.. Then Green rite ? But that day dont knoe y.. our site there ah 'Orange, Orange, Red... so Weng dint go lor... then ask for rematch... The Silvia dont wan.. They said their engine rosak allready... that team RMD dont have sportmanship lah... haha.. but anyway... our civic manage to geth fastest time in 2wd turbo.. the only car in 2wd turbo clocked below 12sec. the others is 13sec+. even the silvia.
And for the N/A, our Savanah manage to get Champion lah after beating a vtec in the final.. Lucky lah.. haha.. CONGRATULATION TEAM VAZ-MAZ.

VAZ-MAZ PERFORMANCE
MICROTECH AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEM

prestidge81

Known Member
Jan 30, 2004
anybody has a copy in vcd format of any drag race helds in either in kl, singapore. thailand or johore

thanks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all,

jus wondering if putra side mirrors are da same as wira/satria?? i need 2 replace my putra side mirrors as one is completely broken but of cos in halfcut shops wira/satria is much more common than putra side mirrors man. jus wondering if da kaki is ngam or not?! thanks! roughly how much are a pair of side mirrors? (normal one enough no need auto-flips)

tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience