Oxygen sensor. Buy new of just halfcut?

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
bro, where'd you purchased your o2 sensors from?
I got mine from overseas.

Actually what is the standard afr reading for BT 20V during idling, cruising, and revving? I found mine around 12-13++ from dyno chart. Is this normal?
Standard AFR for BT 20V (or any other EFI engines) should be around 14.5 to 15.5 as the ECU will try to maintain 14.7 AFR, which is the optimum AFR for idling and cruising. For BT 20V, the AFR will be slightly richer during full throttle 13-ish and reaching to 12-ish between 6k-7krpm. Most high revving engines will have higher AFR during high rev as this is to keep the engine cool and keep on the safe side. But anyways, the O2 sensor will not feedback to ECU during full throttle.

pcmoddingmy - serious aaaa PNP to BT 20V socket ? IF YES...count me in...!

Thanx...
Yup bro, serious. PNP to BT 20V socket. I think I will order 5 pcs first next week and ETA 2 weeks.

Rm200!! price drop ! Good new to me
i recalled from bro Chin technical website,
OXYGEN SENSOR INSPECTION
he said "a new O2 sensor from UMW Toyota cost Ringgit Malaysia (RM) 602.25"

By the way, chopshop also selling the used one at rm150 in 2008
Yup, read that on sifu Chin's website a long time ago, but recent check at Wing Hin quoted me RM400 and no stock! UMW Toyota usually sells stuff at higher price as they will usually claim to have the parts shipped from Japan. :banghead:

ajik8953

500 RPM
Aug 17, 2006
w.b-p.mas-mnjg
I think its better to change new.
I'm going to PM bro pcmoddingmy to ask about his 'lubang' for the half price O2 sensor....

me too...bro pcmod,pm wat price n loc u got the sensor...

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Yup bro, serious. PNP to BT 20V socket. I think I will order 5 pcs first next week and ETA 2 weeks.
bro,wen u hv them..do pm me ye...thanks in advance.

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh

Standard AFR for BT 20V (or any other EFI engines) should be around 14.5 to 15.5 as the ECU will try to maintain 14.7 AFR, which is the optimum AFR for idling and cruising. For BT 20V, the AFR will be slightly richer during full throttle 13-ish and reaching to 12-ish between 6k-7krpm. Most high revving engines will have higher AFR during high rev as this is to keep the engine cool and keep on the safe side. But anyways, the O2 sensor will not feedback to ECU during full throttle.
actually how to read those AFR values? higher number means richer and lower means leaner? mine one around 12-13 means healthy rite since during dyno.

lwc1983

May 17, 2009
Got this from Denso website, need someone to explain, pls.

Whats the different between O.E. Quality Universal Replacement Sensor and DENSO is the O.E. Manufacturer / Oxygen Sensor ?

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
any1 got lubang for o2 sensor for BT?
all bt standard? i mean levin, corolla GT, carib.... all the connector is the same?

et_box

500 RPM
Aug 27, 2006
Possible to get me one for SVT bro pcmoddingmy?

Thanks!

gualer

From Facebook
Feb 24, 2010
bro how about the 4agze o2 sensor...it is same price..
or can use the BT stuff

Avantissimo

Known Member
Dec 28, 2005
Hi all,wat's the normal symptoms of a failed O2 sensor.I'm having issues with unstabilize idling (more obvious on a hot weather),high fuel consumption,no black smoke,noisy knocking (tappet sound from cylinder head)..u think its an O2 reading fault or related to a leaky valvetrain assy from cylinder head.I'm currently using a stock Blacktop.need a bit of help from 4AG sifu.Thx!!

BDK8671

Known Member
Nov 14, 2007
any ppl try this BOSCH LS 05 - 4 wire universal 02 sensor .....

ahaw

Known Member
Apr 1, 2007
@pcmoddg : u still source the 'cheap' 1/2priced o2 sensor?

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
Need some inputs...

Is BT's O2 sensor a 4-wire, heated? Trying to get a Bosch replacement and i think P/N: 15738 is my best bet.

Tried googling for a few days and i found out that :

-Our main O2 sensor is called Before Cat-Con O2 sensor.

-The missing 'ext temp sensor' is actually called the After Cat-Con O2 Sensor. Can someone confirmed if this is true? Is this a unheated sensor?

-I refered to BT ECU. There got 2 pins for O2 sensors. One of the is called 'Heated Oxygen Sensor' while the other one is called 'Oxygen sensor'. Does that mean it has 2 O2 sensors?

Sifu with sensors/ecu knowledge or anyone pls help.... thanks

Captain Fast

Known Member
Apr 9, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
how do you know if your o2 sensor for blacktop is not working as it should? could i test it using a multimeter and poking around in the diagnostics port?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all.,
I have a perdana with v6 mivec. Recently my car cannot start sometimes can start sometimes cannot start. My battery is 12.4v any idea to solve the problem?
need help.....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience