Over-prescribed and fake detailing steps

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
I recently paid a visit to a detailing shop that have good feedback from customers, at least from the shop's FB.

I had a look at their detailing packages. Wah, got macam-macam detailing steps (even 20+ steps) -- wash, clay, polish, polish headlights, put dashboard trim, get rid of smoke smell from car cabin, get rid of tar spots, and get rid of scratches and swirls.

What caught my attention was they will apply 3 different brands of waxes!

But as I observed, there was no claying done after washing -- just dry then straight to polish. There were also no 3 brands of waxes applied, presumably one after another. They only applied 1 layer of Osren Crystal Block (which was not the brand stated on the package).

Overall, I think they did a good job on the cars -- judging by the wet look and paint correction on the cars there, but I wonder why the shop chose to over-prescribe and even fake their detailing steps in their packages?

Is the competition so tough that shops have to resort to this tactic? Don't they care about customer loyalty?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Do the world some good please. Post the shop name up here. Or else it's little use to rant without any info.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
This isn't a rant but a question if this kind of practice is normal and becoming worse.
What is the name of the shop

Sent from my android using Tapatalk.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Thanks bro... You have contributed to consumerism!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello ,

Would appreciate if I could get some recommendations for a good shop that does good paint job around Klang Valley.

Please share

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience