Orders for the Toyota 86 is open! RM 243k for manual, or RM 249k for automatic

alwjmonster

Known Member
May 12, 2009
Subang Jaya
hereticalvoices.blogspot.com
Could it be that apart from the tax (which hits all brands anyway), UMW could be making a huge profit for the car? The possibility is this. They may not have a huge stock allocation for the country and therefore, they price the car high so that the lessened demand will match the low stock allocation. This way, they make more money and get the 'right' customers into the car.

But the good news is, Nissan could be considering a 200SX revival. Traditionally, Nissan have been more affordable (this is again relative to what we earn) than Toyota. Let's hope that Nissan have more of the everyday guy in consideration instead.

A little bit on the original AE86's resale value. In the UK, it is the only sporty Toyota car that commands a higher resale value today than the price when it was brand new. All other models, the Celica, the MR2, Supra etc sell way below the new price. I got this info from CAR UK. I think even in Malaysia, the value of the original is pretty good with some going for as high as RM40k plus? Not sure how this new one will fare though. All a guessing game when it comes to resale. Nobody knew the original will achieve legendary status when it was new.
yea, unfortunately the silvia s15 is current last generation.

wkwoo69

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Please find me another FR sports, manual, which sits 4, brand new with official warranty at the same or similar price. There is none, barring the MX-5 which sits 2. CTR is an awesome track car but simply not liveable on a daily workday basis. Maybe this will be more civilised. There will be more buyers than cars. Loads and loads. This is a classic.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Please find me another FR sports, manual, which sits 4, brand new with official warranty at the same or similar price. There is none, barring the MX-5 which sits 2. CTR is an awesome track car but simply not liveable on a daily workday basis. Maybe this will be more civilised. There will be more buyers than cars. Loads and loads. This is a classic.
fair statement, as much as I dislike it I agree with you.

its not a car, its a luxurious toy. people wanting a daily commuter would be better off with a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. I will pity the people who die die save up the $ and buy this as their one and only car. life will be tough paying off that loan.

bobbybalaz

Sep 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Price is ultimately unfair. But the car, is just all that and much more. It'll make a prefect everyday car for those that can afford. Focused. Towards the driver. Only other car that comes the closest in price & 'fun factor' would be the Megane RS250. Im tempted. I have been since the day they announced the car. Any news about the trim level that comes over here guys?

semangka

Aug 14, 2010
Miri & Bintulu
people who wants anything close to this with practicality of 4 doors can go for is250. but though this is costly for a 2 doors, think of its cult status in 20 more years to come.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Super nice car... but overpriced. They must have taxed the shit out of it.

LANCET

Nov 14, 2005
for those who want cheaper, just have to wait for the grey imports to come in over the next few years, then we'll see them all over the country.

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
I really hope they do come out with a more powerful version like a TRD or STi upgrade of some sort.

Beautiful car, beautiful handling, but feels abit underpowered when compared to 2 litre NA cars in its class like the Civic and Integra Type Rs. The chassis has so much potential.

Engine bay is pretty compact then trying to fit a turbocharger looks challenging even if the factory ever dicide to build a turbocharged version. It seems the only way is to install the turbo in a remote position.

If only they could shoe horn in a 3.5V6 supercharger like the ones powering the Evora or better still a Lexus ISF V8. It's gonna be one 370Z slayer.

I also do wish they have a TC and VSC off option where turning off mean really off if there was such an option (don't listen to what the motoring press have said so far).

Anyway it's free to talk and share my opinions but its coming back down to reality, doubt i'll ever get one of these cute babies in my life time.

But if you guys want something that's fast in a straight line u are better off in a Civic Type R, Mazda 323 MPS, Golf GTi, Megane RS.

The FT86 is a nice streetable car and accessible to the general public but it's abit of a hairdresser's car if one is a petrol head (not saying it's slow to begin with but slow if compared to the cars mentioned above).
Pity they dont make many rwd cars these days sigh..........

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
concern here is the tax....the selling price of the car is not the actual value of the car which is a major contributon of price depreciation ,hard to get loan and insurance loading later on. We malaysian are known to keep our cars for a very long period of time thanks to the above

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
it's way overprice.. furthermore, its performance isn't that impressive either, GTI easily outrun this!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone pls help me, i have done twice top overhall hall...for my vitara 1.6, 8 valve 3 door....when i drive my car just after 1 week after change all...quarter is lost of the black oil...im fustrated...pls help need advice :bawling:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience