Orders for the Toyota 86 is open! RM 243k for manual, or RM 249k for automatic

d4rk

Known Member
Jul 26, 2010
Johor Bahru

Want to be among the first to own the Toyota 86? Well, better put down your orders down now as the bookings for the Subaru BRZ’s twin is now open! According to the indicative on-the-road price released by UWM Toyota Motor, the 2.0l FR machine’s price will be at RM 243,000 for the manual transmission, and an extra RM 6,000 if one fancies the automatic. But there’s no further word yet on whether there are any optional extras for the car, like probably a sports or performance package?

But the available colors for the 86 during its launch have been released, and there are six different shades that one can choose from; Crystal Black Silica, Sterling Silver Black, Lightning Red, Galaxy Blue Silica, Orange Metallic, and for an extra RM 800, Satin Pearl White. For the time being, there are no other official information on the 86’s specs, nor the official launch date just yet.

So what do you say? Is the price good enough for a 200 horsepower, 2.0l naturally aspirated boxer –engine, rear-wheel drive machine?

Source:
Toyota 86 price announced – RM243k for manual, RM249k for automatic; taking your orders now
Toyota GT 86: 200 HP Sports Coupe Officially Revealed [Photo Gallery] - Photo Gallery - Image 23 - autoevolution
FR-S / FT-86 Colors, Instruments, and Center Console/Dash Now Revealed - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

Attachments

seperlinky

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Overpriced, 100K just for tax

Last edited:

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
wah...a bit expenshit leh...

"RWD JDM" new model is " not much choice" nowdays
but 250K.... how am i going to pick this over old legend which easily kill this...?

Example like if i read thru " motor trader "

Stock EVO 9 / Stock Scooby 9 - RM 150k - save RM 100k for maintainance later
Stock S15 - RM 100K
FD2R - RM 160K

S15 well maintained, 300hps...RM 120k
EVO 7 full varis..400hps ... RM 130K
DC5 k24a - RM 130K
R33 full rebuild 500hps as sale in ZTH - RM 130k
R34 Nur 500hps / maybe tomei engine - RM 230K

HOW LAH....WHY TAX SO HIGH...HOW TO BUY?:thefinger:

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Some more ? .... wallet burned hole already, how to mod? wait for warranty ? how to mod?

? uncle Jonnie : " Tauke, lu ada itu recon toyota 86 ke? "

Cant do anything.. wait lo....

beyond

Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
KayEL
They didn't even give us a fair price for Proton. (Persona price in Msia and Saudi). So ltd just forget about imported cars being cheap.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Way too expensive, should be max at 200K or even less for Japanese sports car with that kind of power. If I want to spend that kind of money, I'd rather top up <20k and get the Golf R.

alen

Known Member
Aug 1, 2010
Ipoh
they should just give lifetime car warranty...

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

GT-86 in Canada and US just priced less than RM90K...
buy this car here and later the resell value after few years sure like shit....

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

refer ft86-club.com

alwjmonster

Known Member
May 12, 2009
Subang Jaya
hereticalvoices.blogspot.com
F**k-ing no brembo, no recaro, no momo steering... much more like the ZZT231 celica, except it's an FR. I think the FD2R is far more better at only RM199,800 new comes with 4pots brembo, recaro, 220bhp k20a.. resale value still super high.. people who buy this GT86 is most probably seduced by its design,but not in term of performance and quality

lowpro

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
Just to give you guys a sense of perspective, the original AE86 was sold in Malaysia in 84' and priced at around RM50k. Back in 84' the other cars you could buy with that money were these: Alfa Guiletta 2.0 at RM57k (which could equate to today's 159), the BMW 320i at RM53k, Volvo 240GL at RM47k. Other sports cars at that time were priced at: Starion turbo RM62k, Prelude RM40k, Alfa GTV 2000 RM57k. Thing is, the original also did not come with the fancy bits. No brembos or recaros it came with tiny 13" wheels too. I still have a copy of the local road test with pictures of the car here.

It was more expensive than any Honda or Mazda at that time. So, looking at the price of the new 86 today, I would say that it is consistent with Toyota's strategy all along. Needless to say, in 84' they didn't sell many of the 86 as people then did not know of the legendary status of the car yet. Today could be different though.

Last edited:

beyond

Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
KayEL
Don't get us wrong. Toyota has been consistent with the prices. But so does the tax. It's just that it s bloody high.

lowpro

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
Don't get us wrong. Toyota has been consistent with the prices. But so does the tax. It's just that it s bloody high.
Could it be that apart from the tax (which hits all brands anyway), UMW could be making a huge profit for the car? The possibility is this. They may not have a huge stock allocation for the country and therefore, they price the car high so that the lessened demand will match the low stock allocation. This way, they make more money and get the 'right' customers into the car.

But the good news is, Nissan could be considering a 200SX revival. Traditionally, Nissan have been more affordable (this is again relative to what we earn) than Toyota. Let's hope that Nissan have more of the everyday guy in consideration instead.

A little bit on the original AE86's resale value. In the UK, it is the only sporty Toyota car that commands a higher resale value today than the price when it was brand new. All other models, the Celica, the MR2, Supra etc sell way below the new price. I got this info from CAR UK. I think even in Malaysia, the value of the original is pretty good with some going for as high as RM40k plus? Not sure how this new one will fare though. All a guessing game when it comes to resale. Nobody knew the original will achieve legendary status when it was new.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, i want to ask u sifus whether all car brake hose connector are the same ah? For example, Nissan Caliper hose connector to Wira connector. Pls give advice. Thank you. :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience