Optimum Detailing : Ferrari F149 California. Major Paint correction.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

We have with us a not so common Ferrari today. Just like you daily driven Perodua(s), Honda(s), or even Toyota(s); Ferrari(s) also require love and pampering. We are here for only 1 purpose, to restore the paint work on this Italian beauty.

Upon arrival, we got to inspecting the car's condition straight away. Overall there was nothing major to spot.

Yes, that is a Lamborghini. Being said, looks can be deceiving, even on cars like this. You may see gloss and shine now but that is before we show you the finishing.

Many may feel that Ferrari(s) are parade cars or garage cars, but this owner really uses the car, Pedal to the Metal.

From just 1 weekend, bug splatters all over the front. Fortunately, the front is covered with a PPF film.

More splatter found on the front of the car.

Areas like this are guaranteed to be neglected, check it out.

Many of us just pump fuel but never bothered to take a look at that area, Even on a Ferrari, dirt collects here.

To the paint, once a LED light is shined on the paint, we found swirls.

Some were very severe, some were light.

Some were swirls with a combination of dirt, tar and watermark.

Plastic taillights are the most commonly scratched up part of the car due to its soft surface.

The owner actually got the roof of the car wrapped in 3M metallic grey vinyl, it was very swirled up.

Not only its swirled up, the looks of the vinyl was very much oxidized and hazy.

We were briefed by the owner that there are some repainted panels. We checked and found that the carbon vinyl was damaged during the polish after repainting.

Other than that we also founds some unknown black spots on the paint. The owner noticed them too but did not know where is its origin.

We started with a good and deep washing. Claying every surface and removing any stains along the way.

Once complete, we did some test spots on the vinyl, checkout the results. Remember before?

After 1 pass of correction, some swirls were still visible.

Final results were just speechless.

Remember the taillights?

Due to its soft plastic nature, we tried our best to fully correct it. Here is after 1 stage of correction.

Here is the final results.

Remember the paint before ?

After multiple rounds of paint correction, we were able to remove most of the damages.

On another panel, Before..

After. Results may not be as impressive due to some very deep scratches but...just wait.

After completing all the polishing, we polished all the emblems.

Ferrari brakes are made of carbon ceramic material, hence no brake dust.

But because its on the road, there are bound to be road grime and dirt.

Here is the wheel after some intensive cleaning, brake caliper cleaned, wheel barrel fully cleaned.

Finally, after a gruesome 6hours, the car is ready for show.

Coming Up next. The Distance Italian Relative.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Once again nice job bro... You restored the million dollar look to the million dollar car. #kipidap :biggrin:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Once again nice job bro... You restored the million dollar look to the million dollar car. #kipidap :biggrin:
soso la, most of the cars i do also about like that?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,
I need help here. I'm using the cobra alarm system at my Proton Putra.
The one like Honda, but mine is code access. Meaning that i have to enter the code before start the car. However, last night, the small alarm was missing, i dont what you call it, but the small device which attached with the car key. Without this 'device', i cannot start my car, even i do have the car key. What can i do? The secutity system is quite good, but in this case, it become disaster to me. Please help.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience