Optimum Coating : Renewing a Golf TSI by www.optiautodetail.com

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

Today we are in a small town in Perak called Ayer Tawar working on this pocket rocket. This Golf TSI is 1 months old but barely driven. The*mileage*clocked is less than a thousand. We were advised by the owner that the car had been polished by the typical road side polish and he did not favor the results hence we were chosen.

We started with washing the car thoroughly as usual, but today we were not on a rush so we did some crazy stuff that blew even the owner's mind.
Here is a shot of the after wash water beading, obviously there was no water beading on the paint and it is not well protected.

We found mineral deposits that could not be just washed away with our paint safe cleaners.

High speed bird droppings were found on the car too.

Lots of sand found on edges of the car, could be caught up when driving on the east coast trunk roads.

Lots of mud too from the off road driving as the east coast of mostly plantations.

We removed the wheels for cleaning, cleaned the wheel arch and also the brake kit*

The wheels were cleaned with a strong degreaser as german cars are more prone to heavy brake dust.

The wheel arch was brushed and scrubbed thoroughly with degreaser and most of the road grime was rinsed away after that.

To prove that we how*thoroughly*we clean, my apprentice did this! So hardcore! So clean you can lick it!

The Glass was fine and had no watermarks so we cleaned the engine bay instead.

We dry cleaned the engine bay with a paint safe cleaner as we do not encourage pressure spraying into modern engines. May risk a short circuit.

So the correction begun after a quick checkup on the paint's condition. We did not find swirls or scratches but because it was polished before we found alot of holograms. Excited to correct the holograms we forgot to take a before picture but anyway here is the afters under LED lighting.

If*that's*not*enough*for you? Here is a triple lighting shot for your enjoyment. Halogen/Florecent/LED

We used both Dual Action Polisher and a Rotary to work on the holograms simultaneously to speed things up.

After almost 10 hours later.....

We are proud to present a brand new looking Golf TSI, resurrected from a slightly beat up to almost new

The reflections on the doors make us feel that our 10 hours ordeal was worthwhile.

The owner himself watched us all day, anxiously waiting for his "RENEWED" ride

And now we present to you some water beading / lotus effect shots for your enjoyment.

Thank you for reading our lengthy and not so formal post.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Superb Job bro, but the licking part did give me some goosebumps haha! :top:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
hahaha because we so hardcore

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Bro, how much do you charge for the job done on the VW TSi?

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
i heard my name called.....:driver:

wei, get Nigel to put that as profile pic! HAHAHHAA

Last edited:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Orait bro..received yr pm..thx

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
im not hosting any clinic. go ask someone from the detailien

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
i think only one person does clinic around here.

I myself only teach when the owner of the car is willing to learn. I get stage fright in front of crowds...... knee shaking, how to detail lar.

=)

s1tl, the licking part is really......hardcore. What next..... eating off the hood of the car?

=P

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
lets not talk about clinics on my thread? should ask detailien on the clinic not me. im not involved with them.

Impronte

Known Member
Oct 10, 2011
Penang
sorry cause a bit late here.. bro s1tl, does every step using same solution? i.e cleaning purpose using the A solution. come to plastic/interior using B solution n so on.. wanna learn more perhaps more explanation please..

thanks..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I'll be bringing my mk3 Toyota Supra with a 1JZ twin-turbo engine with me to Malaysia soon.

And I was wondering where would be a good place to take my car if it needed a service. Are there any places who specialize in Toyota engines, specifically the 1JZ? I'll be living in Penang, so I don't really want to travel to KL every time I want to get my engine looked at.

Well hope you guys can help.

Cheers,
OzXchange
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience