Optimum Coating : Full Correction on a BMW E90

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

We have a BMW E90, 6 years old, full of swirls and had been detailed by a famous detailing in PJ as informed by the owner himself. So we expected the car to be in good shape but instead...

The illustrations shows the initial look of the car when we arrived. Looks glossy from far but not as stunning.

The car was quite dirty as it looks, notice the exhaust tips are fully oxidised.

So we took some immediate shots of the surface defects and we found heavy swirls and holograms.

From another view, you can clearly see the holograms.

The rims was bulked up with brake dust.

After a detailed wash, claying and cleaning all the edges

The clean look after the car went through a detailed wash.

Now for the correction steps. We gave a few passes of compound to remove the swirls and scratches

A closer look on the surface.

Reflection of the after compound and correction effect.

After that we run a few passes of polish to level out the holograms.*

We utilised a different kind of lighting for easier view on the holograms and yes, it has been corrected. The car was ready for the coating process.

Before the coating, we gave the car another wash to remove dust and oil and also did some minor correction on the oxidised exhaust tips.

Overall it was not a perfect 100% correction but the owner was happy to see the car being transformed into the 6 years ago state. Also *having see that it is a lot shinier and glossier. It was a 10hrs job but totally worth it. Enjoy the final results and thanks for supporting and reading.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Nice correction. Swirless on black paint.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

By the way, can I ask, who's trousers are those? You don't detail naked, do you?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Weather too hot bro S1tl have to take off to concentrate on the job :rofl:
Nice job bro!

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Veloc, not mine la, i guess the owner was doing their laundry? lol
Supra_Fanatics, u funny fella

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

With the first Touring Car race to commence this weekend on Sepang's recently revised circuit, featuring a brand new surface that is matched with changes both subtle and substantial, Many have speculated the changes, some have tried the circuit and formed mixed conclusions including me, If you haven't already seen my preliminary impressions and on-board video, then click here. But, enough of the uncertainties, let's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience