Optimum Coating : Audi A3 Wrecked by Dealership, Saved by Us

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

"My car is brand new, just got it a few days ago" is a very common respond from our clients. Most consumers have no idea how wreck their car is upon delivery. Most dealership's salesperson will deliver the car is a delivery room, whereby the lighting is warm enough to get the car looking glossy as F***. OR They request your arrival for collection in the evening where the sun is setting and its the perfect ambiance lighting!

Upon arrival, what we see is what the client see, what the client see is what you see in this photo. Its a new car.

Looking closer, we see that there might be some puddles on the way.

Or there might had been some rain for the past few days.

But you cant really hide when it comes to LED flood lights.

Most obsolete detailers will still use 400-500watt halogen lighting to spot damages, but that way is just insufficient. LED shows all, The SUN shows all. You could have gotten your car detailed, it looks perfect under halogen spotlights but once u parked at a petrol station, BAM, the small swirl marks are still there!

The damages on this ride is way too severe to be acknowledged as a NEW CAR. Hence, we did something about it. Check this out!

Before we forget, of course we washed the car, clayed the car. Did we forget to mention, white car are extremely tar prone?

10 hours of detailing, we end up with? You got it right, Gloss.

First thing we noticed about the wheels is that its rather clean. But we are OCD, so clean is not enough.

we cleaned and detailed the wheels

Finally, coated the wheels with a fresh coat of Opti-Coat Pro.

Anxious for the results? here you go.

Doesn't have to be a supercar to be a great detail. Cheers. :wavey:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Wow white paint also can see so many swirls! Good thing you saved it...

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
How is the paint la bro? Very hard or what? Sometimes contis just confuse me. Sometimes no problem. But at other times, no matter how hard and how long i whack also cannot remove swirls. Remember the mini i told you the other day? Some swirls just cannot be removed. And we're not talking about the RIDs here. just swirls. Can reduce but cannot completely remove. Makes me wonder is the paint really that super hard or it's just that the car wash is super geng! I doubt that even if super hard, it cannot be removed with 6 passes of Osren34 on wool pad. Sick!

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
How is the paint la bro? Very hard or what? Sometimes contis just confuse me. Sometimes no problem. But at other times, no matter how hard and how long i whack also cannot remove swirls. Remember the mini i told you the other day? Some swirls just cannot be removed. And we're not talking about the RIDs here. just swirls. Can reduce but cannot completely remove. Makes me wonder is the paint really that super hard or it's just that the car wash is super geng! I doubt that even if super hard, it cannot be removed with 6 passes of Osren34 on wool pad. Sick!
semi hard bro. had to do a few test spots. PTG shows sufficient thickness to cut, so i cut accordingly lo

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone,

May I know what technique is this called? The guys Pimp My Ride often mix flakes with clear lacquer before spraying it over the existing finish. Do most spray shops in KL/PJ do it? How do I ask for it if I want to have it done on my car and can it be sprayed over the existing paint?

Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience