Operational Manual #1 - Shift Quicker

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Btw Tom, would be good also if you post your video driving cars with floating pedals so people can see if there's any differences for H&T when driving floor mounted and floating pedals.

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
how i wish i can heel toe like master renesis, but im a lime.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Interesting. What do people like me who can't twist my foot to do a heel-toe? Not on my current car anyway, I need the chair to be lower to HT
use ball of the right foot for brake, then roll to press throttle. My feet is too big to do kungfu heel toe like tom did. :driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
use ball of the right foot for brake, then roll to press throttle. My feet is too big to do kungfu heel toe like tom did. :driver:
I can't twist my leg like that unless I'm seated lower and legs are almost straight. Made a mistake of working out thigh muscles and all the last time so I'm not exactly flexible. What you're saying is slide from back pedal to throttle right? I can do that with certain shoes. Unfortunately I'm not either big nor small nor flexible. Bloody inbetween.

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
@Tom what happened at 3:03? Miss-shifted?

So basically the quick upshift is clutch in, accel off, gear in, clutch off and accel on really quickly?
how dare you question the man who compliment my avatar? hahaha. i dont find anything wrong at 3:03 tho. :marchmellow:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Even though method is different, as long as the end result is same where you are able to do brake and rev match at the same time. :biggrin:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Good topic, I'm pretty rusty too now driving manual after been driving AT for over 7 years now! (and anyway I'm not so good to begin with!)

Btw for me it seems it's my left hand that's not fast enough to shift following disengagement of the clutch from the left foot. I think so far in about 2 months driving my son's manual Swift, there were like 3 times I missed gear coz my left foot already released the clutch while my left hand was a split second late hence failed to engage up shift.
Good to know, well if your problem is not the legs but with the hand, it's easy to fix. In this case you can even practice without being in the car. Basically you just need to time tour hand to move just as the leg start and you'll be closer to the goal already

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i want to fit a evo motor to my neo either a 1.8t or a 2.0t i can find any info on the swap and ive been looking for weeks,

i really want the 2.0 in but want i want to know is what gearbox is used? also are the mounts the same? im guessing not but want to make sure.
the lad who is doing my car has a twin engine c2 , awd with over 500whp so he knows what he is doing but i want to get everything before we start.

or is the 1.8t an easier job?

hope someone can help as i want to get this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience