Open pod setup for Neo Campro AT

reefdee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putrajaya
xlimshady.. how much did you buy yours? looks good.. only missing i guess would be a box for the filter so hot air wont come near it.. what escksu says is true..

holysniper.. u could try wrapping the piping like what xlimshady did.. use thermal wrap.. worth a shot..

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
xlimshady.. how much did you buy yours? looks good.. only missing i guess would be a box for the filter so hot air wont come near it.. what escksu says is true..

holysniper.. u could try wrapping the piping like what xlimshady did.. use thermal wrap.. worth a shot..
Yup, I know..... maybe after this when I buy a new filter i'll find those that have those heat protective casing. But for now so far so good, bought the whole thing for 250 only. FC is very good. about 6.0 on highway if I cruise around 90-100km/h

neobard

Jan 16, 2012
terengaanu
guys,
i'd changed my mind. i think i will go for works engineering carbon fibre air intake system.... even R3 neo also use the similar type......i think this type is better than normal open pod type in order to prevent hot air.... what say you??

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
guys,
i'd changed my mind. i think i will go for works engineering carbon fibre air intake system.... even R3 neo also use the similar type......i think this type is better than normal open pod type in order to prevent hot air.... what say you??

i say ur wasting ur money....if the thing wasnt carbon fiber it would definitely be much cheaper and then itll prolly be worth it... imho, ur practically paying for the CF...not the gains. and in my view.. an open pod in a closed enclosure = drop in. defeats the purpose of an "open" pod. they should call it a closed pod instead. open pod imho is false marketing

as for R3 neo... tell me one car manufaturer that actually uses open pod. even Ferrari uses an airbox for their ITBs... ITBs u know....and still have an airbox....car manufacturers will also have to think about reliability.. and an airbox minimizes particles getting to the filter. minimizes chances of warranty claims etc

and if u wanna say that race cars use airbox/drop in... go find out the regulations of the races that they enter... alot of races requires the cars to use an airbox as a regulation....so those cars are not using the airbox by choice...

in my view... to say that this car or that car uses an airbox or this and that race car uses airbox so it must be good/better than open pod is null n void.

my vote goes for open pod + heatshield any day....except if the car is an auto....

theres a reason why auto benefits more from drop in and manuals benefit more from open pod...i cant remember exactly why....n too lazy to be searching

neobard

Jan 16, 2012
terengaanu
i say ur wasting ur money....if the thing wasnt carbon fiber it would definitely be much cheaper and then itll prolly be worth it... imho, ur practically paying for the CF...not the gains. and in my view.. an open pod in a closed enclosure = drop in. defeats the purpose of an "open" pod. they should call it a closed pod instead. open pod imho is false marketing

as for R3 neo... tell me one car manufaturer that actually uses open pod. even Ferrari uses an airbox for their ITBs... ITBs u know....and still have an airbox....car manufacturers will also have to think about reliability.. and an airbox minimizes particles getting to the filter. minimizes chances of warranty claims etc

and if u wanna say that race cars use airbox/drop in... go find out the regulations of the races that they enter... alot of races requires the cars to use an airbox as a regulation....so those cars are not using the airbox by choice...

in my view... to say that this car or that car uses an airbox or this and that race car uses airbox so it must be good/better than open pod is null n void.

my vote goes for open pod + heatshield any day....except if the car is an auto....

theres a reason why auto benefits more from drop in and manuals benefit more from open pod...i cant remember exactly why....n too lazy to be searching
thanks very much bro for your advise....fyi, my neo is 1.6 AT.... coincidently i've made a rite choice to go for works engineering CF type....am i rite?.....

then, what about exhaust extractor for AT...i plan to go for 4-1? is it ok? where can I get the gold colour 4-1 extractor....or it naturally become gold after we install and been heated?

another thing, regarding voltage stabiliser... between Q-max and UTR, which brand is better?

one more thing, do i need to change the battery cable? could it help to improve the pick-up of the car?

please advise...tq:confused::confused::confused:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i still say dont bother with the CF... jusst get normal drop in...but find a way to increase more air intake... i.e. more or bigger hoses

extractor.. i say 4-2-1 better...auto low end sluggish.. the 4-2-1 should help with that...the gold thing i dunno... talk to drex (r u stalking again ah drex??? hahahha) he should be able to answer u better with this

voltage stabilizer.. zaptor RM80. kow tim :D

battery cable? the only time i know when people actually touch their battery cable is when they are relocating the battery to the trunk. never heard of people changing their battery cable as a mod.

neobard

Jan 16, 2012
terengaanu
i still say dont bother with the CF... jusst get normal drop in...but find a way to increase more air intake... i.e. more or bigger hoses

extractor.. i say 4-2-1 better...auto low end sluggish.. the 4-2-1 should help with that...the gold thing i dunno... talk to drex (r u stalking again ah drex??? hahahha) he should be able to answer u better with this

voltage stabilizer.. zaptor RM80. kow tim :D

battery cable? the only time i know when people actually touch their battery cable is when they are relocating the battery to the trunk. never heard of people changing their battery cable as a mod.
tq again....i'll be in KL on 27th and 28th january.....where the best I can get those items installed into my car with a good price?

another thing, regarding R3 bodykit, shall i go for PU or FRP or original from R3(but very expensive) ?

last but not least , can you suggest me where to install double din dvd player c/w FM tuner,TV, reverse camera, GPS, USB etc together with casing at the price between RM900 to RM1200....?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
for bodykit of course R3 is best... but PU or FRP both will actually do just fine

as for the rest.. PM drexchan or khguan or howiechoo....they might be able to help u out at EA Autoworks

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
tq again....i'll be in KL on 27th and 28th january.....where the best I can get those items installed into my car with a good price?

another thing, regarding R3 bodykit, shall i go for PU or FRP or original from R3(but very expensive) ?

last but not least , can you suggest me where to install double din dvd player c/w FM tuner,TV, reverse camera, GPS, USB etc together with casing at the price between RM900 to RM1200....?
I suggest you set appointment with Drex Chan :)

lay out a plan for your car, discuss your budget with him..make sure everything is crystal clear.
well, it is the same "protocol" with any shop or seller actually..

check your PM.

neobard

Jan 16, 2012
terengaanu
I suggest you set appointment with Drex Chan :)

lay out a plan for your car, discuss your budget with him..make sure everything is crystal clear.
well, it is the same "protocol" with any shop or seller actually..

check your PM.
i can't see your PM. did you already sent something to me?

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
i'm using open pod wif 3inch stainless steel piping
filter position juz behind headlamps so wont absorb the head from radiator directly which many after market open pod piping failed at this point

high flow n volume of air n lesser restriction compare to a box

no point going for so called carbon filter as the CF is juz for decoration n neat looking purpose

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
IMO, those aftermarket intake pipings are super overpriced. If any manufacturer can make a pipipe that is made of heat resistant plastic, and is long enough to reach a good position (near headlamp area for Neo) they will dominate the market. Price it like rm99 sure sell like hot cakes, pair it with a cheap filter rm100. Total package rm199. LOL i think i just got a business idea =D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i want to ask any sifu here aboute the knuckle rvr
izzit same among knuckle rvr and evo1.2.3?or event 4g91?

now my problem is like this. i brought the half cut rvr and installed in wira body, but the knuckle was 5 lug.pic as below

1.how i wana convert it to 4 lug wira use pcd100 ?
2.by using the spacer 5 to 4 lug.and many ppl say dun hv in the market. if tempah thy say can not tahan.can break .
3.the drive shaft...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience