Old style discussion but we like it....next step to mod?

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
My dear friend all - strange enough - i used part of my money to changes my clutch, rim
Going to get a brake kit soon but but but...

But after changing the clutch - the car shaking so bad if it started moving from static -
( if i didnt press the throttle high - >>2500rpm )
Using exedy

?? why why ??

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Help me..kawan kawan

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
if its race clutch...its actually quite normal

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
My dear friend all - strange enough - i used part of my money to changes my clutch, rim
Going to get a brake kit soon but but but...

But after changing the clutch - the car shaking so bad if it started moving from static -
( if i didnt press the throttle high - >>2500rpm )
Using exedy

?? why why ??

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Help me..kawan kawan
Exedy clutch what type? Racing clutch?
All racing clutches like that. The clutch bite is not progressive, so you get the shake as the clutch 'grabs and slips' as you release the clutch.

Even Exedy organic clutch stage 1 if you use with lightweight flywheel, will shake real bad when moving from static.

Last edited:

dfx16

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
Previously with Exedy i also experience jerking, clutch feel heavy also
Now i'm with ORC, no jerk and almost stock feel

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Yeah super singles are definitely easier for the left foot and less jerks because wat u pay is wat u get..:rofl:

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
My one is racing clutch, biasa one...not the super single.
It do bite a little bit more than last time....
But it has some sound of metal friction also...ci ci ci...like that.
Has to step on the throttle more then no more jerking but ci ci ci still will be there..
My mechanic said the ci ci ci should not be there..sending car to him tomorrow

Sifu sifu..one more thing...do you think getting brake kit from other cars will be safe...?
Am think of of getting brembo or ap racing but both can't direct fit on my car..need mod...
How is second hand brake kit life also...are there really will leak fluid or what ( how to test ? ) time buying them for sure will be clean.
And they are not mono block... So it might be leaking right ? From piston or maybe joint.

Sad thing is no money to buy one lah :banghead:

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Buy new one

Last edited:

dfx16

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
It always good to have BBK imho stock brake is not responsive when there's 2 of more passengers
I'm with Endless it seem like a cult to have BBK over here
Refer here for pix SUZUKI SWIFT: CL7R

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Brake kit from other cars, if modded properly will work.

One problem with modding is that the disc isn't centered properly, so you get vibration at higher speeds, if done properly, should be no problem. Another is clearance with rims. Certain rims cannot fit monoblock/twinblock caliper due to spoke design.

Brake function isn't 100% caliper only. Brake pad compound is also a factor. I tried before cheap pads, brake worked quite okay, but wasn't as good as expensive ones. It also ate my rotor, so in the end, it wasn't as cheap as it appeared at first.

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
Getting ap kit. Thank you every one. Scare like hell when drive fast with stock brake. Some more stock disc always bend after aggressive drive few months