Old style discussion but we like it....next step to mod?

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
First at all...apologize if my English is too Kampungish..

Just like every old style discussion, the thing start like this..

Due to too many vtec kaki friends surrounding me, keep talking about B20B lah..B16B lah..whp 200+ lah..the racun is just too strong...my virgin R finally out of its stock

i has done - open type filter, change my twin pipe to single exhaust " no brand " from mid and of cos Hondata K100.

Below attached my dyno for my K20A ? Sifu - sifu, may be you all can comment about the power output ? ( i saw a dropped of output at around 5000-6000rpm ? Anything can correct it ? )
whp 209
torque 21
Dyno RON95
Car age 04/10

Next step you all suggest ?

( My friends all tell me to change Toda cam and clutch ? )

By the way, if you all willing to showed your K20A dyno graph and modded part...very appreciate it..
Weekend coming.. everyone REV HARD...
Thank you.. enjoy the discussion.. i hoped:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::driver::driver:

Attachments

Last edited:

unkle_uber

Known Member
Nov 7, 2009
Melbourne & KL
how much are you willing to spend ? thats the ultimate question.

You have not done headers/extractors which will gain at least about 10whp to 15whp depending on which brand u go for.

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
ya ya.. forget too..
about 10k i guess
i had ask for Toda cam price .. about 4k..just not sure whether to get it as next step...

by the way, is it normal for the 5000-6000rpm power dropped?
cant feel it when driving..

planned to do de- cat first... this weekend... see how is the high end power gain

My friend all has not problem with B20B... but i still feel scare for K24A... durability issue mainly...

Has a friend using K24A in FD2R..just newly knew him...no problem with it...but i think it is because he used quite high end stuff maybe...

unkle_uber

Known Member
Nov 7, 2009
Melbourne & KL
power drop is normal, that just means your car is not making any more power in that power band/rev range. A camshaft would help that problem, it broadens your power band. Depending which cams you get, u can improve your torque or top end power, or both.

If i were you, get a branded headers/extractors, delete your cats, get some cams ( you have to do your research ) and then a retune. This should squeeze out another 30whp i would imagine.

But if you're willing to spend 10k, i would suggest turbo charging it :) Vtec to me is just all the LAG and none of the Turbo boost. To solve this problem, turbo charging is your best friend. Just imagine Vtec kicking in + Boost kicking in.

10k should get you a decent turbo kit. Turbo charging an N/A is my ultimate recommendation, you can shut your friends up with whatever bullshit they say.

dfx16

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
Most stock K20A with stock header does 180 ~ 190 whp
Only for FD2R they does 190 ~ 200 whp

Your result look too good to be true for a almost stock set up with Ron 95
K20A stock dyno sheet for your reference

Stock CL7R @ 185 whp on a Dyno Dynamic
Vtec Engage @ 5800rpm
Rev Cut @ 8600rpm

Stock DC5R @ 187 whp on a Dynojet
Vtec Engage @ 6200rpm
Rev Cut @ 8600rpm

Last edited:

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
dfx16 - the above graph without Hondata k100 right?

My K20 previously also 180+ whp stock ( CL7R ) - without hondata.

but after hondata and open pod filter and single exhaust - then 209whp

My friend FD2R even higher output without header and extractor

During weekend...i read thru so much.. even read about the Hondata tuning program online... it is very very complicated...trying to figure out.. ( Lucky my K100 cant tune...if not...i think my car spoiled already by me self tuning..haha )

I even went to Honda.NZ and read thru their forum...some crazy foreigner can even transplant engine by themself
( i heard before but cant imagine they can done it by themself .. K24A in EG somemore )
..settle wiring..everything and successful...got a larger shock in my life...salute them

To unkle_uber and dfx16 :
wanna ask...i plan to collect part by part by myself...
prefer high rev still, rather than charger...

Can provide the list of items needed? as you all familiar

Ask my tuner...k24 need Rm15k - passed you the completed car k24

About RM 10k i willing to put in...durable..2.2 stroke kit / k24 combined?
cam? stroke kit ? +++

( Saw the FN2R in marketplace with 2.2 stroke kit...mugen lagi ):thefinger:

Sign...i need more power...

dfx16

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
CL7R with Fcon
DC5R with Kpro

Both fine tune flat spot only

BTW what Dyno machine u run with?
Dyno Dynamic and Dynojet are known to loss between 15 ~ 20% drivetrain

If u prefer high rev u shouldnt lower your Vtec engage point
Your chart is somewhere 4600rpm engage and ease off somewhere 7600rpm

If u had noticed both CL7R and DC5R fine tune flat spot and left VTC untouch

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
i dont know what dyno they using...on the graph it has " correction method : JIS " and some " PSI-4 B1 "

i didnt follow the tuner go for dyno.. it is the 2 wheel dyno at Torque racing JB ... i think

Last time has a CL7R senior here that selling his K24A powered CL7R - regret didnt buy from him now
...didnt see he online nowadays...
if not then just ask for his list then i get the part myself..sign

planned to do 2.2 stroke kit...cheaper kua...can get 300whp i satisfied..

I also noticed the power changes associated with vtec engagement point...i told the tuner to do initially...bcos i dont know power dropped at end...now de-cat suppose to be better ...i think...

After i change 2.2 or 2.4 then let you all know...Finding part first...

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

you seen to know better .. you are tuner is it ? :adore:

dfx16

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
No.. but i been thru quite a few engines from Honda ~ Toyota ~ Suzuki ~ Honda from NA ~ Turbo ~ NA
Trails and errors over the years :biggrin:
Expensive hobby :motz:

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
i mean power changes on dyno graph..cant feel it when driving...just feeling the car more responsive

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

wah...changing car so frequently.....haha....

i only can give you noob advice....keep 1 car and tuned it to the max...sell or not in future, nevermind that time

i changed my EK to CL7 but my friend, B20b ek...smoked me always lah...missed the light weight..high rev Bseries

recently then i meet kazama boss then finally give me some hope that his FD2r modification is quite reliable, no problem so far
but tuning cost..." make me scared "

sign...sikit sikit wang..lama lama jadi K24a

haha....

pm me where you from...next time got any interesting crazy thing that i done then show you...nice to meet you, bro

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
i dont know what dyno they using...on the graph it has " correction method : JIS " and some " PSI-4 B1 "

i didnt follow the tuner go for dyno.. it is the 2 wheel dyno at Torque racing JB ... i think

Last time has a CL7R senior here that selling his K24A powered CL7R - regret didnt buy from him now
...didnt see he online nowadays...
if not then just ask for his list then i get the part myself..sign

planned to do 2.2 stroke kit...cheaper kua...can get 300whp i satisfied..

I also noticed the power changes associated with vtec engagement point...i told the tuner to do initially...bcos i dont know power dropped at end...now de-cat suppose to be better ...i think...

After i change 2.2 or 2.4 then let you all know...Finding part first...

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

you seen to know better .. you are tuner is it ? :adore:
The dyno results in Torque Racing is higher than other places. In JB, the dyno results always tend to be higher than KL. I don't blame if others may think that your dyno results are high.

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
ddv_nk12:
haha...feel weird too...cant be so much different in N/A without much modification

i checked out your build thread before...nice.

dfx16

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
i mean power changes on dyno graph..cant feel it when driving...just feeling the car more responsive

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

wah...changing car so frequently.....haha....

i only can give you noob advice....keep 1 car and tuned it to the max...sell or not in future, nevermind that time

i changed my EK to CL7 but my friend, B20b ek...smoked me always lah...missed the light weight..high rev Bseries

recently then i meet kazama boss then finally give me some hope that his FD2r modification is quite reliable, no problem so far
but tuning cost..." make me scared "

sign...sikit sikit wang..lama lama jadi K24a

haha....

pm me where you from...next time got any interesting crazy thing that i done then show you...nice to meet you, bro
I'm your neighbour (SG) too far for TT :biggrin:

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
Still running on stock wheel...

Asking for RPF1 17 inch x 8 from shop .... 4.4K... anyone? ok price ?
I have been hearing - nowadays some enkei rim no more Japan made, some from Thailand..? is it?

survey done it only weight 16lbs = 7kg +....

what offset good for CL7?

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

http://www.enkei.com/size_chart/RPF1.pdf

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

need to clear 4pots....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Could anyone advise me on how I could wire or "add on" something that will make my side mirrors open when I switch on the engine and close when I switch off..

found this cool video on youtube which illustrates what I'm talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0LZzKC1bfs

I have been looking long and hard but I still havent found something that is promising.

Please help guys
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience