Old School Cars Discussion

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
hehe prices will either remain stuck up there if sellers dont wana drop or fall back down once the sellers give up after finding that they cannot let go of their cars. deswai willing buyer, willing sellers.... where there's a demand, prices can go up.

halfcut shops. probably no brackets unless you ask, anyway was told the brackets (the ear looking ones i guess) can beli, not an issue.
mine came with the arb's all original, or from one of the variants, im abit confused, alot of mixed info about which parts were bolted onto which car (my car has been converted up down right left and fiddled with quite abit so, thats not helping.....:confused:)
so yeah, if you buy a modified car, these are the kind of little things you will encounter.
Like price of old Civic. Never getting lower because always high on demand. Surprisingly even the sports car Integra DC2 is selling cheaper than convert EK hatch. Going for Integra seems like a better choice than getting a local modded CKD EK hatch.

So you are using OEM ARB. But I'm so sure about the popularity of your car in tuning scene. If not very popular, probably can't find a lot of aftermarket ARB replacement.

I noticed Something about Nissan Cefiros. It looks like the first gen ones which are the oldest actually have higher resale values compared to the generations after that. Heck even the last generation before it was phased out is less than 8K ! It must be because the A31 is the only cefiro with RWD, and a Skyline R32 mechanically.
All because of the RWD factor that is why. The newer ones don't have that much of modding potential unlike the A31 series. A31 is like similar to Laurel and Skyline. After that, become FWD, what kind of engine option can you pair it with. Nothing much to choose from.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
ARB and macam macam bar....UR have plenty of choices.
Since this is an old school car thread, do you think UR will custom make bars for less popular old school cars? I'm think by making these older chassis stiffer, it is a good thing particularly for cars above 30 years old.

Front should have.....
Need to go find one for front next time.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Only strut bar on top. Bottom don't have ARB.

Did some search about ARB in past threads. End up learning there are many different sizes and types for Wira. Got those from MIVEC, Wira SE, Wira 1.6/1.8, Evo 1, Evo 3, Putra, Ultra Racing....

Stock absorber couldn't mount the drop link isn't it?
Yea different sizes. wira 1.3/1.5 variant only got front arb but not rear arb. putra/wira1.6/1.8/gti all comes with rear arb. AFAIK my stock 1.5 body's front arb is 21mm or 20mm can't recall but its about there. Wira 1.8 comes with 23mm front & 12mm rear, putra should be same too. As for gti, i think it's using drop link instead of conventional satay bush. Evo 3 also drop link, earlier gen should be satay bush though.

I think older 1.5 don't have isn't it? I thought 1.6, 1.8 and Wira SE only got.
It does, most of the car came stock with front arb. Most of them la not all.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Like price of old Civic. Never getting lower because always high on demand. Surprisingly even the sports car Integra DC2 is selling cheaper than convert EK hatch. Going for Integra seems like a better choice than getting a local modded CKD EK hatch.

So you are using OEM ARB. But I'm so sure about the popularity of your car in tuning scene. If not very popular, probably can't find a lot of aftermarket ARB replacement.

All because of the RWD factor that is why. The newer ones don't have that much of modding potential unlike the A31 series. A31 is like similar to Laurel and Skyline. After that, become FWD, what kind of engine option can you pair it with. Nothing much to choose from.
yup ur right... some cars hold on to their value long past their times... i guess cult car kind of status haha

one nice thing about my car.... actually this can be said about most of these mass produced cars, their mechanical bits are shared

front end for my car is basically a lancer or evo (its a mix of both, evo's subframe bolts directly on), under mid section shares bits from the satria (well sort of, accessories like bars do bolt on) and the rear from a waja (also sort of..... waja spec shocks, arb/links off a later lancer.... ahh its a mix

just need to do some homework and test fitting haha... (really car groups are a huge help)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yea different sizes. wira 1.3/1.5 variant only got front arb but not rear arb. putra/wira1.6/1.8/gti all comes with rear arb. AFAIK my stock 1.5 body's front arb is 21mm or 20mm can't recall but its about there. Wira 1.8 comes with 23mm front & 12mm rear, putra should be same too. As for gti, i think it's using drop link instead of conventional satay bush. Evo 3 also drop link, earlier gen should be satay bush though.

Where is the front ARB tied to for Wira? I need to go check and see.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Since this is an old school car thread, do you think UR will custom make bars for less popular old school cars? I'm think by making these older chassis stiffer, it is a good thing particularly for cars above 30 years old.

Need to go find one for front next time.
actually if u dig, some cars can share punya... just pay attention to clearance issues
OR
fabricate one.... there are people who make them but i will tell you this, its very expensive.

wah wira punya arb so thick... saya punya abit strange, 16/17 fronts 18 rears

just bend down, look from the back of the front wheels.. can see...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
actually if u dig, some cars can share punya... just pay attention to clearance issues
OR
fabricate one.... there are people who make them but i will tell you this, its very expensive.

The more common bars probably can share.

ARB that is too thick might not be so good isn't it? Even Evo 3 ARB is not over 20mm. 16mm if I am not mistaken.

If so, I don't think my car got ARB. Looked under the car before, but din't spot anything that looks like it.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

ARB that is too thick might not be so good isn't it? Even Evo 3 ARB is not over 20mm. 16mm if I am not mistaken.

If so, I don't think my car got ARB. Looked under the car before, but din't spot anything that looks like it.
there should be a point where too thick also x baguslah, yeah.

tonight or tomorow i go spy on my neighbors wira... i think ade, my mech was saying, replacing the bushing on my car is as annoying as those on the wira :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

*facepalm*

I have yet to come across any late 20th century car that doesn't have a front ARB. Turn your steering max to the right. Look at your left wheel behind the front wheels. There should be a linkage or something that's connected to the ARB.

See that darker black thing in the middle? That's the link and the thing it's connected to at the bottom is the front ARB

without it your car would literally lean left and right like a boat.

Attachments

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Tied to your lower arm through satay bush. Go google it up.

OR

Is your's using drop link? I heard some said wira/satria/putra can use GTO's rear arb not sure pnp or not though.

Yes evo 3 16mm but they are drop link, in a way more efficient. You don't need as thick as satay bush to control the roll.

*facepalm*

I have yet to come across any late 20th century car that doesn't have a front ARB. Turn your steering max to the right. Look at your left wheel behind the front wheels. There should be a linkage or something that's connected to the ARB.

See that darker black thing in the middle? That's the link and the thing it's connected to at the bottom is the front ARB

without it your car would literally lean left and right like a boat.
Pomen's 1.0 myvi front and rear no arb KEKE

Saring

Known Member
Feb 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur

i think DC2 will become high demand wait and see maybe 2 or 3 years next, i have 1 old scholl car not to old school la around 24 years in road, still keep in good condition and running. :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If you didn't know already there are multiple types of Dynos in Malaysia and each have their quirks and differences.

The "heart breaker" dynos are Mainline and Mustang (there's more but right now I'm only focusing on those that I know are in Malaysia). These dynos have heavy loads resulting in lower HP numbers but usually on-point AFR tuning on and off-load. Tuners have mentioned that Mainline dynos are generally safer as there's more parameters to monitor when tuning.

Dynojet has two...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience