Old School Cars Discussion

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As long as it doesn't damage or bend your bar, then should be okay...

Speaking about bushing, I think I need to replace some of the rear suspension arms. Got squeaking sound for very long time. Mechanic said is because of the bushing. I don't know which arm but if I am replacing them, should I get back stock ones or any good aftermarket recommendations?
For Wira, I remember at the rear got the dog bone link, that one can make noise one.....:driver:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
hmm about these bling lower arms and subframe brace, also thought about them..... dont know if they are actually functional (assuming the specs are the same)
maybe just lighter?
also im abit wary of fake pieces... hardrace should be ok i guess, havent heard of fakes
:confused: i am a sucker for chrome bling bling
subframe brace, try not use those wide frame. Those nearly touch ground. Hehehe...if sangkut, frame lari... then susah loh.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
For Wira, I remember at the rear got the dog bone link, that one can make noise one.....:driver:
Yeah, that is what my mechanic calls them. Dog bone. No idea what is the english name.

subframe brace, try not use those wide frame. Those nearly touch ground. Hehehe...if sangkut, frame lari... then susah loh.
Might as well not use at all. My car got one, but it looks like got no function

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah, that is what my mechanic calls them. Dog bone. No idea what is the english name.

Might as well not use at all. My car got one, but it looks like got no function

I think is rear suspension upper arm, looks like dog bone. Even in Mudah they sell but call tulang anjing.....hahhahhaha

Yah! that bar to me no use also......lol

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
rather put ARB, have more use in handling.

BTW, hows JDM-EK-AE101 project ? Caribbean sifu. Quite sometimes din see him update.

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I think is rear suspension upper arm, looks like dog bone. Even in Mudah they sell but call tulang anjing.....hahhahhaha

Yah! that bar to me no use also......lol
Proper term is control arm then?

Installed 18 years ago by my father. Just left it there like that. :biggrin:

rather put ARB, have more use in handling.

BTW, hows JDM-EK-AE101 project ? Caribbean sifu. Quite sometimes din see him update.
Lately I'm doing research on ARB also. Want to get front and rear. Surveying price and thinking which one to get. Ultra Racing or ori Evo 3 halfcut. I believe in Evo 3 more but since they are so old, I wonder will they still be useful or not. Like maybe the shape is bent or distorted already?

Post directly at his thread to ask. :biggrin:

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
But now, it seems like several Supra owners have decided to sell at such high price. Trying to manipulate market price together? :hmmmm:

Wiling buyer, willing seller. The word manipulate is a very strong word to use. If the value is not there in the first place, then what's there to manipulate?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Lately I'm doing research on ARB also. Want to get front and rear. Surveying price and thinking which one to get. Ultra Racing or ori Evo 3 halfcut. I believe in Evo 3 more but since they are so old, I wonder will they still be useful or not. Like maybe the shape is bent or distorted already?

Wira already have front ARB, right?

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya

Evo 3 & satria gti uses drop link for their ARB. Evo 3 is 16mm but drop link for the front. The wira C99 comes with 23mm satay bush type arb. So make sure you absorber have the place to mount the drop link before converting. just my 2centss:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Wira already have front ARB, right?
Only strut bar on top. Bottom don't have ARB.

Evo 3 & satria gti uses drop link for their ARB. Evo 3 is 16mm but drop link for the front. The wira C99 comes with 23mm satay bush type arb. So make sure you absorber have the place to mount the drop link before converting. just my 2centss:biggrin:
Did some search about ARB in past threads. End up learning there are many different sizes and types for Wira. Got those from MIVEC, Wira SE, Wira 1.6/1.8, Evo 1, Evo 3, Putra, Ultra Racing....

Stock absorber couldn't mount the drop link isn't it?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Wiling buyer, willing seller. The word manipulate is a very strong word to use. If the value is not there in the first place, then what's there to manipulate?
when it comes to used cars that's the rule, suka sama suka.... willing buyer, willing seller..... if there's demand yeah...

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Just lighter that's all? I actually thought they offer some benefits like stronger rigidity or something like that. If they just lighter with PU bushing, then perhaps getting OEM parts is enough. One thing is for sure, I'm not trusting those fake ASR, Beaks aluminum bar being sold out there. Most of them are fake and the original manufacturers only make parts for Honda cars. Imagine the horror when your lower arm breaks or cracks halfway while driving. I've seen pictures of that happening before.

Chrome bling on parts? I sort of like them too but it depends on what parts. Chrome intake manifold seems nice. Or chrome velocity stack for itb or those weber carb. :biggrin:
honestly dont know if its just lighter... i suspect so, i mean the original arms lasted sooooo many years without bending, not sure if you actually need added rigidity here.

fake stuff... well i dont trust them, lower arms are crucial components, pecah then habislah......
i think the only fake bit (that i know off) on my car would be the radiator cap haha (shop kata japanese, doesnt look that way to me:confused:)

Only strut bar on top. Bottom don't have ARB.

Did some search about ARB in past threads. End up learning there are many different sizes and types for Wira. Got those from MIVEC, Wira SE, Wira 1.6/1.8, Evo 1, Evo 3, Putra, Ultra Racing....

Stock absorber couldn't mount the drop link isn't it?
from what i saw last time.... if im not wrong, it depends on the model.... some higher end variants had droplinks others did not. better take a peek before buying them haha

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
when it comes to used cars that's the rule, suka sama suka.... willing buyer, willing seller..... if there's demand yeah...
One can price it at any price they want as long as there is someone out there that is willing to buy it. If not, just remain stagnant with that price.

honestly dont know if its just lighter... i suspect so, i mean the original arms lasted sooooo many years without bending, not sure if you actually need added rigidity here.

fake stuff... well i dont trust them, lower arms are crucial components, pecah then habislah......
i think the only fake bit (that i know off) on my car would be the radiator cap haha (shop kata japanese, doesnt look that way to me:confused:)

from what i saw last time.... if im not wrong, it depends on the model.... some higher end variants had droplinks others did not. better take a peek before buying them haha
A lot of these fake stuff always ended up giving unnecessary trouble. Even fake engine oil cap can give engine oil leakage after some time.

If buy from halfcut shop, they don't give any brackets isn't it? Just the bar itself. By the way, which ARB are you using in your car?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
One can price it at any price they want as long as there is someone out there that is willing to buy it. If not, just remain stagnant with that price.

A lot of these fake stuff always ended up giving unnecessary trouble. Even fake engine oil cap can give engine oil leakage after some time.

If buy from halfcut shop, they don't give any brackets isn't it? Just the bar itself. By the way, which ARB are you using in your car?
hehe prices will either remain stuck up there if sellers dont wana drop or fall back down once the sellers give up after finding that they cannot let go of their cars. deswai willing buyer, willing sellers.... where there's a demand, prices can go up.

halfcut shops. probably no brackets unless you ask, anyway was told the brackets (the ear looking ones i guess) can beli, not an issue.
mine came with the arb's all original, or from one of the variants, im abit confused, alot of mixed info about which parts were bolted onto which car (my car has been converted up down right left and fiddled with quite abit so, thats not helping.....:confused:)
so yeah, if you buy a modified car, these are the kind of little things you will encounter.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I noticed Something about Nissan Cefiros. It looks like the first gen ones which are the oldest actually have higher resale values compared to the generations after that. Heck even the last generation before it was phased out is less than 8K ! It must be because the A31 is the only cefiro with RWD, and a Skyline R32 mechanically.