Old School Cars Discussion

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Beemers are towkay cars. Anything rosak, can send to workshop and company pays for the repair, whatever the damage was. Boss will drive the car and show to ppl his status.

For wage earner, to own a BMW can be risky. Wrong day, the beemer go into workshop....the repair bill would be shocking until no mood to eat rice liow (Banyak Masuk Workshop & Banyak Makan Wang fame). hahahah....
Like a friend of mine who bought a used E36, planning to convert it to 2JZ-GTE later. But now before he got the money to swap, his 318i seems to be giving a few problems already. One of it is something to do with fuel delivery. Whenever his revs his RPM high and releases the throttle, the engine will be shaking badly and the engine will just shut off unless you continue pressing the throttle. He says the fuel delivery is not enough.

I heard normal mileage is around 20k km per year so 60k km in 4 years is still below average
20k km per year? That sounds like a lot. When he car is borrowed to my uncle in 2009, the mileage is probably around 120-130k km. That time, the car is just 10 years old.

Now during my usage since November 2013 (192k km) to now, is around 21k km. Current mileage is 213k km. I guess my car is underused by me. 3 years but only done 21k km.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Other than the nice badge and good styling, there is nothing much I like about E46 manual. :biggrin: There are better manual cars alternatives at that price range.

Parts cost must be expensive... Now E60 5 series is also suffering. Seeing some selling under RM50k. Cheaper than Myvi 1.5. :rofl: Nice car, but only if you have the money to maintain it.
e30 was very mechanical... ownable long as you can find a nice unit
e36, more electronics shoved in but... still ok...... (i really liked these cars tho the 46 is probably a better cr to own)
e46, now now... this is where many things change BUT in essence, you can still somewhat jaga this machine rather similarly to that of the e36
anything pass these models... electronics the whole way through... e60 for one is pretty and all but... maintenance is pretty high

ur kawan punya... alot to check yo.... isc/v, hoses, injectors, even the silly vanos seals can cause this crap... semua inter-related

I heard normal mileage is around 20k km per year so 60k km in 4 years is still below average
hehe ayam clock 5k per year je.... daily driven car somore......

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
e30 was very mechanical... ownable long as you can find a nice unit
e36, more electronics shoved in but... still ok...... (i really liked these cars tho the 46 is probably a better cr to own)
e46, now now... this is where many things change BUT in essence, you can still somewhat jaga this machine rather similarly to that of the e36
anything pass these models... electronics the whole way through... e60 for one is pretty and all but... maintenance is pretty high

ur kawan punya... alot to check yo.... isc/v, hoses, injectors, even the silly vanos seals can cause this crap... semua inter-related

From your point, E46 seems like the best choice then. Unless you can get a good E30.

I think he mentioned before it is his fuel pump or injector problem. But his car don't have VANOS. Old E36 318i, 1993 model don't have VANOS at that time.

Ayam? Your car?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

per year or per month?

5k km is easily my wife mileage in 2 months worrr

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
20k km per year? That sounds like a lot. When he car is borrowed to my uncle in 2009, the mileage is probably around 120-130k km. That time, the car is just 10 years old.

Now during my usage since November 2013 (192k km) to now, is around 21k km. Current mileage is 213k km. I guess my car is underused by me. 3 years but only done 21k km.
That is why I say your family low mileage user......:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That is why I say your family low mileage user......:driver:

Always go around Ipoh only. Except my aunt who goes to KL like once a month for holiday. The furthest that the Avanza had traveled is from Ipoh to Subang Jaya, then later to Singapore. Very long journey in car. :biggrin:

The uncle who borrowed Wira is considered as quite a frequent traveler because he is selling insurance. Always need to go meet clients here and there. He bought used Altis, so gave me back the Wira. But even with the mileage that he put on the Wira, you say it is low, hahahaha. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Some can be really low mileage, like my former company MD Secretary. She travel like 2km to office, so daily 4km only. Other times go out use husband car. When she sold he car after 4 years, tyre still have 85% pattern.....lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Some can be really low mileage, like my former company MD Secretary. She travel like 2km to office, so daily 4km only. Other times go out use husband car. When she sold he car after 4 years, tyre still have 85% pattern.....lol
These kind of cars are good buy in used car market. Low mileage and provided that everything else is well taken care of. :biggrin:

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
If the car is not driven but engine is warmed up occasionally, should be fine isn't it?
Not really. Better drive it at least 20km. Or dont start it. My saga when just overhauled back in 2004 was only started once or twice a week. Sometimes 2 weeks only start . But i have always driven some distance. So low mileage prolly means the rest of yr components are good like shocks and bushes..but not the engine.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Not really. Better drive it at least 20km. Or dont start it. My saga when just overhauled back in 2004 was only started once or twice a week. Sometimes 2 weeks only start . But i have always driven some distance. So low mileage prolly means the rest of yr components are good like shocks and bushes..but not the engine.
Then I should drive my Iswara a bit. Because I just start it and rev it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm chasing some info, and am hoping someone on here can help. Does anyone know who makes these over fenders? I don't think they're custom as this is not the only car I've seen these on. Any google searches I do come up with nothing.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience