Old School Cars Discussion

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
haha radiator business was with my current car... meh nothing wrong actually clean, green and clear

previous car was sold to a dealer, just wanted to get rid of it haha
He memang knew it was smacked haha, face bumper also not fitted properly, and the touch up paint was painted on with a brush hahaha. basically he said: he didnt have a low cost car at that moment, it was going to be cheap to fix, and being an 08 car buyers could easily get a loan for it...... perfect for him..
Not about dirty radiator. Is about the story of your LMST crash until your radiator position moved inwards. :biggrin:

Well, looks like you manage to sell it off easily. LMST price I think should be like 8 to 9k?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yours I guess is minor accident only. Not as bad as lsm1991's case.

If got more people like me, also sure close shop. I seemed to think that every new car out there is expensive... Everyday poisoned by used car market and how old cars seems to be mechanically superior than new ones.

Saw a SV4 Accord at tyre shop yesterday... All 4 double wishbone suspension. I'm impressed. They don't make normal cars like this anymore. :banghead: Give you multi link instead of torsion beam also consider lucky already now.
Yup, many Civic and Accord were with double wishbone. Probably now need to cut cost.....:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, many Civic and Accord were with double wishbone. Probably now need to cut cost.....:smokin:
Most car owners nowadays don't even bother. Also I think the benefits of double wishbone can only be felt during high speed especially during cornering? Otherwise in city drive, the advantages won't really shine I guess....

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Not about dirty radiator. Is about the story of your LMST crash until your radiator position moved inwards. :biggrin:

Well, looks like you manage to sell it off easily. LMST price I think should be like 8 to 9k?
ohh yup thats the car....
hehe that was some time back, i think mau cepat let go, 7.5k or something..... posted on mudah, gone within the day...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
ohh yup thats the car....
hehe that was some time back, i think mau cepat let go, 7.5k or something..... posted on mudah, gone within the day...
7.5k is still quite okay considering your car's bad history. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Most car owners nowadays don't even bother. Also I think the benefits of double wishbone can only be felt during high speed especially during cornering? Otherwise in city drive, the advantages won't really shine I guess....
hahhaha....you are right. Got one time my mechanic also told me. He went to spare part shop, the boss bought new car, Honda with vtec. So mechanic ask why he bought vtec model. His answer, more expensive not better:confused::smokin:.....lol:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
hahhaha....you are right. Got one time my mechanic also told me. He went to spare part shop, the boss bought new car, Honda with vtec. So mechanic ask why he bought vtec model. His answer, more expensive not better:confused::smokin:.....lol:rofl:
Although most people don't bother about performance, it seems that even performance cars like latest FK2R Civic Type R went for torsion beam. Coming from Honda who aggressively promoted their double wishbone superiority last time, this is a surprise. Perhaps the technology in torsion beam had improved by a lot but theoretically, independent suspension should still be better for comfort and handling because two sides of the wheel is not linked together.

Really don't understand why manufacturers ditched independent rear suspension. Hot hatch today, almost all of them are using torsion beam. But when you look at 80s and 90s, hatches like Mitsubishi Mirage (Satria), Civic hatch (EF,EG,EK), CR-X, they are all using independent suspension. I'm not sure about Nissan Pulsar and Toyota Starlet though...

Honda with vtec? If it is the previous Honda City between i-DSi and VTEC, I'll take the VTEC instead of that i-DSi because of that twin spark plug thing.

Normally more expensive should be better if you are comparing between the same car but different trim line. But performance wise, I won't say so. Like Vios J manual VS Vios TRD. Clearly the cheapest one will outperform the most expensive one. :biggrin:

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Reading to through the car security and crime forums, i am really afraid to buy a valuable OS car, seems insurance wont pay up full amount, and car security systems can be bypassed . Damn those bastards. Cant live my dreams in peace. Right now with my old but good condition saga i have been lucky up to now still no kacau from these bastards. Heartache reading about the guy who bought a 1984 R30 skyline wagon and it got stolen 12 hours later. I have a feeling the seller placed a GPS device with simcard. He must have sent a location request few hours later once or twice to make sure the car is in same position then sent his goons to steal back the car. Since it was his for a long time he could hide it very well. This is also brings up mechanics and service centers that work hand in hand with thieves.

Last edited:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Reading to through the car security and crime forums, i am really afraid to buy a valuable OS car, seems insurance wont pay up full amount, and car security systems can be bypassed . Damn those bastards. Cant live my dreams in peace. Right now with my old but good condition saga i have been lucky up to now still no kacau from these bastards. Heartache reading about the guy who bought a 1984 R30 skyline wagon and it got stolen 12 hours later. I have a feeling the seller placed a GPS device with simcard. He must have sent a location request few hours later once or twice to make sure the car is in same position then sent his goons to steal back the car. Since it was his for a long time he could hide it very well. This is also brings up mechanics and service centers that work hand in hand with thieves.
insurance..... well if there is an agreed upon value, generally no issues as far as how much payout is concerned. If your plan has an insured upon value they will pay you the entire sum regardless of its market value. If there is no stated agreed upon value, they will pay you the market value of the car at the time of the accident.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Although most people don't bother about performance, it seems that even performance cars like latest FK2R Civic Type R went for torsion beam. Coming from Honda who aggressively promoted their double wishbone superiority last time, this is a surprise. Perhaps the technology in torsion beam had improved by a lot but theoretically, independent suspension should still be better for comfort and handling because two sides of the wheel is not linked together.

Really don't understand why manufacturers ditched independent rear suspension. Hot hatch today, almost all of them are using torsion beam. But when you look at 80s and 90s, hatches like Mitsubishi Mirage (Satria), Civic hatch (EF,EG,EK), CR-X, they are all using independent suspension. I'm not sure about Nissan Pulsar and Toyota Starlet though...

Honda with vtec? If it is the previous Honda City between i-DSi and VTEC, I'll take the VTEC instead of that i-DSi because of that twin spark plug thing.

Normally more expensive should be better if you are comparing between the same car but different trim line. But performance wise, I won't say so. Like Vios J manual VS Vios TRD. Clearly the cheapest one will outperform the most expensive one. :biggrin:
Probably bores down to cheaper manufacturing. How many buyers actually look at what suspension is used.....lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Probably bores down to cheaper manufacturing. How many buyers actually look at what suspension is used.....lol
Unless it is car guys who are serious about mechanical stuff. Otherwise, mostly don't bother much.

But still, independent suspension gives more comfort than torsion beam what? Or the differences is actually hard to be felt? Comparing Wira to Myvi, it feels like Myvi's rear suspension is sort of stiff when going through bumps. No matter how slow I try to go, the bump still feels quite uncomfortable in Myvi.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Unless it is car guys who are serious about mechanical stuff. Otherwise, mostly don't bother much.

But still, independent suspension gives more comfort than torsion beam what? Or the differences is actually hard to be felt? Comparing Wira to Myvi, it feels like Myvi's rear suspension is sort of stiff when going through bumps. No matter how slow I try to go, the bump still feels quite uncomfortable in Myvi.
Mass marketing mah! Car guy will go for special model.....lol:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Mass marketing mah! Car guy will go for special model.....lol:driver:
One more thing is, car guys who are into mods will most probably go and look at used market... That is not really contributing to the new car market. :biggrin:

But contributing a lot to the spareparts and aftermarket parts industry. :rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Suspension may be hidden away from new car buyers. However, when compared the interior of new cars and say, 1990s car.......one can notice the difference.

New cars interiors are using toy-plastic material. Easily scratched...Just knock and hear the sound....
Park under sun for years, you'll see the plastic parts discoloured and brittled. Vent holes cabut easily...

while 1990s car interior, most with spongy rubbery material..and they are still in good form today if were given care....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i'm driving a 850 kancil which is 8 months old.. i kinda wanna know wat upgrades are recommended for my car... i'm more into performance than looks... pls do give me the figures as well... i'm not into any major engine modifications as it is still new.. thanks guys... i really would appreciate all the help..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience