Old School Cars Discussion

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Fresh grad starts new job..... a (new) car is a must for them to go to work....unlikely to be tinkering with it, except when kena poison at zth.

I just to know that my retired unker neighbor gonna buy his fresh grad son a new HRV woh. His son said there are already too many honda civic on the road. Not best loh. So, this is his choice.......while the father drives an old Perdana.

Youngsters today feeling so entitled....
What kind of logic that his son had on his mind? Too many Civic on the road, so it is not best? :confused:

Tried keeping up with a HR-V on traffic light yesterday with my Wira. Able to keep side by side with it even though that HR-V seems to be accelerating fast. Only when reached 80kmh, HR-V started to pull away. Don't seemed to be that powerful for a 1.8 litre.

Drive "only". The rest neighbor unkle settle all....service, washing, insurance...etc.
Like my neighbor unkle also. Son around, but father wash his car. What the....??
Meanwhile, I'm the one who washes the cars in my house when I feel bored and the cars look dirty. Dirty cars don't feel right to me. :biggrin:

So true, image is everything to most people in Asia.
When it comes to cars, I don't bother about image. More into what is fun for me to drive and hopefully it just doesn't look so bad outside.

fresh grads with new cars.....

kinda true actually... have a few friends who got themselves new cars right after graduating.... sonata, polo, rcz, cx5..... god knows siapa bayar servicing/running costs.

while i still drive a 20yo junk *cries*
At least still sports car. I'm driving local made rebadged car only.

back then i dont even bother buying my car :driver: coz whenever i crave for driving ill just drive the rally car in training place...haha

and since single...i rode bike everywhere more convenient....even till now i prefer riding...easy parking, cheap fuel, cheap roadtax, fast and efficient coz no stuck in traffic jam....

family cars also i didnt bother with new car...im total analog/manual person so...i prefer less electronic....so new car didnt even turn me on... :rofl::driver:
You got Forester which is better in performance wise than many new cars. :biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Meanwhile, I'm the one who washes the cars in my house when I feel bored and the cars look dirty. Dirty cars don't feel right to me. :biggrin:

At least still sports car. I'm driving local made rebadged car only.
awwman... saya punya duno berapa bulan no cuci..... got so pissed cause it rained every damned time i washed the bugger!

and mana ade sporks car... old car je :driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
awwman... saya punya duno berapa bulan no cuci..... got so pissed cause it rained every damned time i washed the bugger!

and mana ade sporks car... old car je :driver:
I just wash with normal water and wet cloth only. No polish and extra detailing. As long as no dirt or dust on the car, then I'm alright.

You're humble about your car. Still, it was engineered as a sporty car in the first place. Which is better than many cars who started off as a normal car before modded or converted for performance.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Drive "only". The rest neighbor unkle settle all....service, washing, insurance...etc.
Like my neighbor unkle also. Son around, but father wash his car. What the....??
Haha, that is true. I have seen a mother who would park the new car under a tree every afternoon, on behalf of her son. The mother sakit hati seeing the new car, parked under hot sun, while the fresh-grad son just "drive" without a worry in the world.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Haha, that is true. I have seen a mother who would park the new car under a tree every afternoon, on behalf of her son. The mother sakit hati seeing the new car, parked under hot sun, while the fresh-grad son just "drive" without a worry in the world.
If you go to university or college areas, you can see how a lot of students treat their new cars. Some cars not even one or two years old, already got scratches and small dents particularly on edges of bumper and lower part of the front bumper.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Thats why start with low cost car.
My old sentra get hell of beating, misjudgement during make corner. Door dented once, under car scratch + dent hit side road. My 1st year own the car. Less sakit hati....

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

kinda true actually... have a few friends who got themselves new cars right after graduating.... sonata, polo, rcz, cx5..... god knows siapa bayar servicing/running costs.

Biasalah, they got sponsor. I start work, not even have any down payment.
Pakai motor jee lah. :smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
My old sentra get hell of beating, misjudgement during make corner. Door dented once, under car scratch + dent hit side road. My 1st year own the car. Less sakit hati....
A lot of accidents in 1st year of ownership. You often pushed the car to its limits?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
A lot of accidents in 1st year of ownership. You often pushed the car to its limits?
maybe i should not admit this here.... but i also did that... 2x, front kaput everything mangled!

1st time all the radiator supports, fenders, hood and all that bent, car still drivable, so just sent it to 'a guy' to tarik all back, some metal plates mounts here and there and glue to put things back together then repainted the bare spots....
2nd time fuyoh lagi teruk, same spot.... this time gearbox was locked out of 1/2 cause the frame was pressed against the shifter mechanism but other than that, radiator and all fine.... again drove home in 3rd and repeat....tarik radiator support balik and well... crap repairs again....

that saga was damned durable.... sold it off and got my current old junk haha

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
maybe i should not admit this here.... but i also did that... 2x, front kaput everything mangled!

1st time all the radiator supports, fenders, hood and all that bent, car still drivable, so just sent it to 'a guy' to tarik all back, some metal plates mounts here and there and glue to put things back together then repainted the bare spots....
2nd time fuyoh lagi teruk, same spot.... this time gearbox was locked out of 1/2 cause the frame was pressed against the shifter mechanism but other than that, radiator and all fine.... again drove home in 3rd and repeat....tarik radiator support balik and well... crap repairs again....

that saga was damned durable.... sold it off and got my current old junk haha
Heard about your story about the radiator. But din't know you crashed it twice. When you sold off the car, how much value did you manage to get from it? Or the buyer din't know about the crash.

Not push also....I pass car and bike license.
But with motor for quite sometimes. Thats why ride and drive is different. :burnout:
Not used to driving a car?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

That is how car industry survive. If rely on us oldie they close shop dy......lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The car still running with me.
Yours I guess is minor accident only. Not as bad as lsm1991's case.

That is how car industry survive. If rely on us oldie they close shop dy......lol:biggrin:
If got more people like me, also sure close shop. I seemed to think that every new car out there is expensive... Everyday poisoned by used car market and how old cars seems to be mechanically superior than new ones.

Saw a SV4 Accord at tyre shop yesterday... All 4 double wishbone suspension. I'm impressed. They don't make normal cars like this anymore. :banghead: Give you multi link instead of torsion beam also consider lucky already now.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Heard about your story about the radiator. But din't know you crashed it twice. When you sold off the car, how much value did you manage to get from it? Or the buyer din't know about the crash.

Not used to driving a car?
haha radiator business was with my current car... meh nothing wrong actually clean, green and clear

previous car was sold to a dealer, just wanted to get rid of it haha
He memang knew it was smacked haha, face bumper also not fitted properly, and the touch up paint was painted on with a brush hahaha. basically he said: he didnt have a low cost car at that moment, it was going to be cheap to fix, and being an 08 car buyers could easily get a loan for it...... perfect for him..