Old School Cars Discussion

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
same as honda ex5, engine casing got written made in japan. Early batch still fetch a good price for old 26yrs kapcai.
got one video review by westerner, honda cub. where he drop the bike from 5th floor. Still can start. lol...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaeKrqJJqm0
out off topic, just have a good awwwww

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
No wonder RM12k. I think you can buy a bowl of noodles for under RM1 too back then. Those are the Datsun days. I heard Datsun are cheap too back then. :biggrin:
Car prices seem reasonable then until P1 appeared **hint-hint**

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
No wonder RM12k. I think you can buy a bowl of noodles for under RM1 too back then. Those are the Datsun days. I heard Datsun are cheap too back then. :biggrin:
i forgot the actual price....

but my dad bought datsun 160j sss twin carb model for about 8k or something like that :hmmmm:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
same as honda ex5, engine casing got written made in japan. Early batch still fetch a good price for old 26yrs kapcai.
got one video review by westerner, honda cub. where he drop the bike from 5th floor. Still can start. lol...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaeKrqJJqm0
out off topic, just have a good awwwww
Where are they made in now? Thailand?

Car prices seem reasonable then until P1 appeared **hint-hint**
Well, we sort of got used to the current price already... Anyway, car prices in South East Asia is never cheap to begin with from what I know. I mean, not as cheap as those price found in America.

i forgot the actual price....

but my dad bought datsun 160j sss twin carb model for about 8k or something like that :hmmmm:
8k for new car? My mechanic told me he once owned a 160j twin carb. Says that is a really nice car to drive with good power.

mc888

Known Member
Apr 8, 2010
Little HK
Lets talk about insurance for collectible 30+ year old car, like AE86. As you all know, most probably can only get 3rd party insurance. Now there is one for sale right here on zth for 86K. Problem is how do i protect my investment ? I am not afraid of accidents, but more of theft. Buy car for 86K, but cannot cover for theft. Once it gets stolen, all your money gone. As you know cars like ae86 , thieves just tow away. Already have few cases like this. Is there a fire and theft only insurance for old cars in malaysia ?

with 86k, get a JZX100/110 better & still got extra $$$. Good looking, practical & fun.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Where are they made in now? Thailand?

Well, we sort of got used to the current price already... Anyway, car prices in South East Asia is never cheap to begin with from what I know. I mean, not as cheap as those price found in America.

8k for new car? My mechanic told me he once owned a 160j twin carb. Says that is a really nice car to drive with good power.
Twin carb setup.......surely sounded good. Powderful too. Your mechanic must have enjoyed his ride, esp. prices of fuel during those old days was dirt cheap.....Nowadays, petrol prices like stock market. Stepping on the accelerator pedal must think again....becoz of $$$$....:rolleyes:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
with 86k, get a JZX100/110 better & still got extra $$$. Good looking, practical & fun.
Those are like one of the best large size RWD performance sedan cars that you can get from Japan. Powerful 1JZ-GTE engine, able to use large and wide wheels, comfortable, spacious...

Twin carb setup.......surely sounded good. Powderful too. Your mechanic must have enjoyed his ride, esp. prices of fuel during those old days was dirt cheap.....Nowadays, petrol prices like stock market. Stepping on the accelerator pedal must think again....becoz of $$$$....:rolleyes:
How cheap are they last time? Well, currently he is driving Saga 1.5 8 Valve Magma. I asked him, why this, he said Proton Saga cheaper to maintain and he is old already. :biggrin:

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Those are like one of the best large size RWD performance sedan cars that you can get from Japan. Powerful 1JZ-GTE engine, able to use large and wide wheels, comfortable, spacious...

How cheap are they last time? Well, currently he is driving Saga 1.5 8 Valve Magma. I asked him, why this, he said Proton Saga cheaper to maintain and he is old already. :biggrin:
yeah, but i want a 2 door OS car, not a 4 door. Its very true that the old saga is cheap to keep going. No fancy electronics and cheap spares. Most small issues can be done by the owner.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
yeah, but i want a 2 door OS car, not a 4 door. Its very true that the old saga is cheap to keep going. No fancy electronics and cheap spares. Most small issues can be done by the owner.
Do you think other old school cars are cheap to maintain? Like KE20, KE30, KE70, Datsun B310, B210, B110?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
well, apart from cheaper maintenance, these cars are also easy to repair as the mechanicals and electrical are straight forward.

These cars are good for learners if they want to venture into auto world. This was mentioned by some sifus that I knew sometime ago.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Apologize for the thread.

Had been driving Civic FD for 5 years and decided to change. It had been months but I still can't decide between the W204 AMG and IS250. Pricing wise both bout the same but how bout the performance, comfort and maintainance? Any feedback highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience