oil in soark plug well..

youmolo

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
Subang Perdana
www.tzywen.com
annakin said:
hi guys,

i'm driving a wira a/b (M) yr 2003, mileage 72k. Just recently (at abt 67k mark) i discovered that there
engine oil at no.2 spark plug well. What i meant by spark plug well is the outside part of the
spark plug chamber where the spark plug cable goes into. The oil is not much but can be seen
(a very small puddle). My car till now has been running with no prob. Spark plugs are 20k km old. I did some search on the net and they said it could be due to valve cover gasket problem (though they're talking abt different engine).

Does any of u know this problem? Thanks
are you sure it's engine oil? a little bit of oil on the engine is normal. how much is not much? is your car's performance suffering? if not, it shouldn't be a problem =)

vampirewong

Known Member
Dec 17, 2003
Cheras
My car got this problem as well and I'm sure the oil on the 2nd spark plug head and tip is engine oil, as I need to top up engine oil every 1000km. There's no engine oil discovered on other spark plugs. There's no white smoke coming out from the exhaust but the exhaust fume smells like white smoke. Previously before I send my car for engine gasket change, I encountered no such problems. Could it be valve seals worn out? I remember during the gasket change, my mechanic did change the valve seals as well.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dear sifu,

i would like to swap engine 4g92 dohc with ngv.

how much the price and what thing do o need to take care.

thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience