Oil Filter Magnet

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
Just to share information among ZTH's DIY faithfuls...

Did you know dat if u attach a magnet to your oil filter it will benefit your car in the long run?

This is how it works... put a decent strong magnet to the oil filter.. not too strong not too weak... it will eventually attract all small particals of metal to it and it will not be recyled back to the engine.

It will collect magnetic particles and then they get thrown out when you change the oil filter.

Some of the material that is collected by the magnet would have been trapped inside the filter media. You have to wonder how much of the sub 10-20 micron material it is collecting.

cheers!!! I'm on my way to look for a used hard disc magnet!

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
i've heard of ppl selling it....
but its damn exp...
btw how u make a magnet stick onto the oil filter without dropping of when u're autocrossing malaysia's kampung road?? :lol:
hdd magnet is flat one i thought??

Oil filter magnet

Magnectic oil drain plug

Esky

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
IF all the wear&tear components are made of steel or iron, then can lah!

HDD magnet is so strong that even removal by hand needs some effort. Don't think it'll drop off with normal driving.

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by CcL@Apr 23 2004, 04:51 PM
i've heard of ppl selling it....
but its damn exp...
btw how u make a magnet stick onto the oil filter without dropping of when u're autocrossing malaysia's kampung road?? :lol:
hdd magnet is flat one i thought??

Oil filter magnet

Magnectic oil drain plug
aiseh.... ask sifu JL how to make the magnet not to fall off the oil filter la... sure he got great ideas wan... rite JL? I think i will just use cable - tie or sumthing lah.. UHU also can.. ngek ngek ngek...

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
:lol:

Well, if oil filter is metal, then HDD magnet sure WON'T fall off.
I am having HDD magnet on my car for my fuel railing.
So far.. after so many rough rides, still there..

Ok kua :)

If not so sure then can use EPOXY..
Stick around the magnet..

When want to remove use knife and CUT..

headache

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by ezwong2002@Apr 23 2004, 04:44 PM
Just to share information among ZTH's DIY faithfuls...

Did you know dat if u attach a magnet to your oil filter it will benefit your car in the long run?

This is how it works... put a decent strong magnet to the oil filter.. not too strong not too weak... it will eventually attract all small particals of metal to it and it will not be recyled back to the engine.

It will collect magnetic particles and then they get thrown out when you change the oil filter.

Some of the material that is collected by the magnet would have been trapped inside the filter media. You have to wonder how much of the sub 10-20 micron material it is collecting.

cheers!!! I'm on my way to look for a used hard disc magnet!
That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing. :P

servo

Known Member
Jan 13, 2004
can used speaker magnet ker??i'm using a speaker magnet that i took out from the old speaker........ :huh:

khtong

Mar 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
then wat the approx size magnet need to put?

any1 pic can show?

servo

Known Member
Jan 13, 2004
check dis sites out...OIL FILTER MAGNET
with magnet and without...

Oil Filter Magnet is a powerful precision device that magnetizes the oil filter and effectively traps and removes virtually all micro-abrasive alloy particles from the oil inside the filter. When an engine is newly assembled, the piston rings do not fit precisely into the cylinders despite highly accurate machining techniques. The piston rings wear to precisely fit in the cylinder during the break-in period. Unfortunately, the wearing of the piston rings and cylinder walls continues, due to micro abrasive particles depositing even more contaminants into the oil. Some of the particles are large enough to be caught in the oil filter. Those that are not, continue to circulate with the oil, passing between the piston rings and cylinders wall and through all the bearings. The micro abrasives cause scratches, generating more particles, thereby worsening the problem.

Typical engine withoutOil Filter Magnet.

Typical engine withOil Filter Magnet.

Conventional oil filters, combined with the Oil Filter Magnet , remove virtually all of the micro abrasive particles from the oil. Piston rings without abrasive metal particles will slowly polish and restore cylinder walls to their "like new" condition; significantly reducing wear. Engine life is dramatically prolonged, delaying or preventing the wear that leads to pollution.

Even high quality oil filters and oil treatments cannot remove fine abrasive alloy particles which cause major engine wear and decrease engine performance.

In order for oil filters to trap particles under 25 microns, the oil filter would need to severely restrict the flow of engine oil. This restricted flow would reduce oil pressure to a critical level (oil starvation) and low oil pressure will, of course, result in engine failure.

Benefits

-Your engine will last much longer.
-Uni-directional magnet. It does not interfere with any other electrical device.
-Oil will remain clean and metal free.
-One hundred times more effective than magnetic drain plugs.
-Prevents and/or decreases the burning of oil
-Helps protect the environment by reducing pollution.
-Lasts a lifetime. Transfers from filter to filter.
-Strong 4,500 Gauss magnet.
-Easy to fit, simply snap it on; no tools required.
-Protect your investment and enhance your vehicle's resale value !
-Manufactured in the USA & used by the USA government
-This oil magnet system used in aircraft

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
GOOD !! More reasons to DIY !!

So guys.. when are you doing this? heheh/.

slk850

500 RPM
Dec 17, 2003
Penang
Visit site
i will find few HDD's magnec 1st.........hehheheee :lol:

khtong

Mar 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
where the oil filter located for wira???

<_<

Hamgachan

Mar 25, 2004

Benefits

-Your engine will last much longer.
- Uni-directional magnet.It does not interfere with any other electrical device.
-Oil will remain clean and metal free.
what does it means by uni-directional magnet ?
is HDD magnet uni-directional magnet ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wira 1.5 A GLI
Hi sifus, i got a question, im not quite sure about my current exhaust mods cant trust those exhaust shops guys la, can anyone advise me on my current setup? Tried modifying few times till running out of ideas

Last time use to have two bullets but now replace with midbox some how feels better pick up! so now my setup is 4-2-1---Bullet----midbox------s-flow muffler
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience