Oil Filter Magnet

thri-p

Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
hmm i've got 2 broken HDD here but how the hell do i get teh HDD screws OUT?

it looks like some kind of allen key.. but it has more grooves.

where do i get this screwdriver or is it called the hallen key? or special edition allen key??? hehe and how much does it cost?

yeongk

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by thri-p@Apr 29 2004, 08:10 PM
know how much it cost? approx?
Aiya...go to the computer shop ask them to open up for you lah ... :D or you can pass to me i can open up for you my company got this type of tools to open up.

Anywhere i already got my HDD Magnet and had place it bottom of my oil filter. :D

Carrera

Known Member
Mar 27, 2004
SP/BM/PG/BW
Visit site
Originally posted by yeongk+Apr 29 2004, 09:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (yeongk @ Apr 29 2004, 09:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-thri-p@Apr 29 2004, 08:10 PM
know how much it cost? approx?
Aiya...go to the computer shop ask them to open up for you lah ... :D or you can pass to me i can open up for you my company got this type of tools to open up.

Anywhere i already got my HDD Magnet and had place it bottom of my oil filter. :D [/b][/quote]
hey yeongk...so fast fix the magnet already ar? thought u not yet get the magnet and i'm looking for u pula. I've got 1 also..but not yet fix it. May be later after i change my oil filter.. wanna service liao.

Carrera

Known Member
Mar 27, 2004
SP/BM/PG/BW
Visit site
Originally posted by netmatrix@Apr 29 2004, 08:08 PM
The screws are called TORX screws. U can buy the torx screwdrivers form hardware shop, machinery shop or your local handphone shop. If u go low yatt sure can get one.
No need to buy la...my HDD also this kinda screw. That time i dont have the torx ..and can't wait. so i'm using a cutter press it hard and turn, it's open!!..and done!! :D

Hamgachan

Mar 25, 2004
if it's so strong stuck on the oil filter,
will it be difficult to detach it from the oil filter
on the next oil change ?

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
hi,
FYI, during last changed my Corolla A/T oil filter 3 yrs ago, i found 3 small magnets sticking at the metal filter. I do not know it is original from factory or placed by previous owner. These magnets managed to traps lots of tiny chips around its body.

Btw, how about getting a 12" subwoofer magnet and stick it under the oil pan :lol: ? but if doing this way hav to think of how to remove the tiny chips from the oil pan at every oil change...

waikiki

500 RPM
Mar 16, 2004
Damansara, PJ
Visit site
which side to fix da magnet arr.. juz let itbe by the side arrr?? of da oil filter