Of Gauges and wastegate

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Hey guys,
I have a 4g93T under my hood and have had this lovely engine for nearly a couple of years now.Did no bother about installing any boost meter or whatever as i don't find the need too.stock standard.but suddenly got the urge to fix some gauges.what is the most important gauges for a stock baby.i'm sure boost meter will be the most important.what else comes next?oh yea i dont even have a timer.Oh if u guys can list down the gauges by importance it would be very helpful.if brands of gauges even better.
Second thing is i have a 44mm wastegate.can i fit it into my stock power plant?what r the charges if one were to get it installed?

Thanks!:wavey:

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Thanks skywalker for the first post.anyone else can help me with the wastegate?

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Hmmm yes i thought so but since i have a 44mm wastegate(which i think is too big for a stock GSR) i would like to fix it and wondering it can be done.What r the consequences of having such large diameter.will the wastegate open?should i dump the waste pipe out or back to the exhaust?Thanks for the feedback guys.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
I'm driving NA, and i installed water temp, oil temp and oil press, to monitor engine condition, if i BOT my vehicle, i will install boost meter and exhaust temp... heard that exhaust temp is crucial to detect whether engine knocking or not...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
I'm driving NA, and i installed water temp, oil temp and oil press, to monitor engine condition, if i BOT my vehicle, i will install boost meter and exhaust temp... heard that exhaust temp is crucial to detect whether engine knocking or not...
exhaust temp crucial to monitor combustion temperature... if mixture too lean, combustion temperature increase... if mixture rich, temperature reduce...

if temperature is high, high chances dat it is knocking/pinging inside...

to monitor knocking issue, best to get a knock amp....

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Previously i was driving a GSR rojak with a TD05 single fin boosting 0.7bar.Had a exhaust temp that was faulty after the temp went too high.so got a a knock amp whereby when i'm before it boost it's on lean but rich when i boost.Is this normal?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Previously i was driving a GSR rojak with a TD05 single fin boosting 0.7bar.Had a exhaust temp that was faulty after the temp went too high.so got a a knock amp whereby when i'm before it boost it's on lean but rich when i boost.Is this normal?
knock amp only show if there is knocking happen in ur engine... not much other benefit already.... best is u invest in a wideband o2 sensor... can monitor ur AFR mixture all across the rpm range....

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
It will be normal when the mixture is rich when you hit the boost range because extra fuel will be need to obtain a correct AF ratio as more air will be forced into the engine. Imagine when you walk slowly, you inhale less air right but when you suddenly sprint or run your lung will inhale more air so that you can have more oxygen supply.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
It will be normal when the mixture is rich when you hit the boost range because extra fuel will be need to obtain a correct AF ratio as more air will be forced into the engine. Imagine when you walk slowly, you inhale less air right but when you suddenly sprint or run your lung will inhale more air so that you can have more oxygen supply.
rich AFR setting also good to eliminate excessive heat generated..... reduce combustion temperature, reduce detonation, etc...

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
rich AFR setting also good to eliminate excessive heat generated..... reduce combustion temperature, reduce detonation, etc...
piston is kept cooled by excessive fuel.....
If you are a dragger or a track goer, use octane booster to prevent detonation.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The manual specifies an 8yr change interval for emission hoses. Does it refer to just the pcv/breather hoses or are there others? When I went to the shop to get replacement parts, the guy at the counter suggested a replacement hose which I didn't recognize - quite short ~2-3in, ~0.75in diameter.

And just to be sure, the the pcv/breather hoses are connected to the 10 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions on the throttle body right?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience