Note to ppl who carries notebook

starwing

Known Member
May 15, 2004
Visit site
Just got a call from my mother telling me that my brother's notebook was stolen.

Just a note to you guys, do not leave your notebook in the car even if it was for a mere 15 minutes.

For me, I dont leave my notebook in my car, even if the car is viewable distance from where I am sitting in mamak.

My brother went for lunch after college during lunch break at Carrefour Sri Petaling, came back to car, lock kena korek (not sure details) notebook gone.

One note, do not put your notebook in your car boot, there is no such thing as scanners or whatever shit that you hear, its all your stupidity. You go to a car park, take out your notebook from cabin and put inside boot, any car thief would know its a darn notebook already.

Secondly, get another bag, notebook bag is just another target for car thiefs.

Darn it, the system is just 6 darn days old !!

starwing

Known Member
May 15, 2004
Visit site
6 days old, where got sempat to buy ? i wish can claim. Darn it ..

I guess its time to get a better and nicer notebook, yah ?

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Originally posted by simplythebest@Mar 15 2005, 14:36
Got buy insurance? if yes, then can claim. :rolleyes:
issit? .. i tot they wont claim, be cause u purposely put it inside worr, my fren tried claiming from RHB related insurance for his missing notebook, but cant, due to his policy got stated that leaving notebook system in car is "not claimable" because user fault ... kekekekekek ..

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
I think many people put the laptop in the car because it is very troublesome to carry around esp large / thick ones.

Solution? Buy a smaller laptop like the Dell Inspiron 700m or Fujitsu P5200. Yes, you pay more for less but it is very convenient to carry and use (if you are WiFi freak like me)...

Also, pls buy a proper bag... get those sack type or shoulder type... at least not so obvious.

I never leave my laptop out of sight... even take it with me to the toilet or at least chain it down with a Targus lock.

starwing

Known Member
May 15, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by sakuraguy+Mar 15 2005, 14:41 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sakuraguy @ Mar 15 2005, 14:41 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-simplythebest@Mar 15 2005, 14:36
issit? .. i tot they wont claim, be cause u purposely put it inside worr, my fren tried claiming from RHB related insurance for his missing notebook, but cant, due to his policy got stated that leaving notebook system in car is "not claimable" because user fault ... kekekekekek .. [/b][/quote]
Then report it as snatch lor..

For me, I prefer backpacks, its not so noticeable, and easier to carry. I am using a 15" wide screen notebook, its about 4kg heavy. 2 extra batteries on the go, easily can weight about 5 KG.

I still remember stuffing my bag with 2 identical notebook, that was fun I tell you.

Please, dont leave your notebook in your car, its not worth the trouble, changing lock (if you are lucky) or windscreen (bad luck like hell) Money lost can get back, but what if that felle wait until you get into your car only kidnap your notebook? How ?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
starwing

Ya man... used to carry 2 laptops, a Dell Latitude C600 and Compaq Armada m500 to Starbucks a couple of times and believe me, both laptops are not LIGHT! Damn heavy... broke my bag's shoulder strap in the process. :P

Total weight? Around 8kgs with 2 extra batts and 2 AC adapters. :o

starwing

Known Member
May 15, 2004
Visit site
My Lat about 4.5 kg each. Mine more heavier laaaaaaa :P

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Originally posted by sakuraguy+Mar 15 2005, 14:41 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sakuraguy @ Mar 15 2005, 14:41 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-simplythebest@Mar 15 2005, 14:36
issit? .. i tot they wont claim, be cause u purposely put it inside worr, my fren tried claiming from RHB related insurance for his missing notebook, but cant, due to his policy got stated that leaving notebook system in car is "not claimable" because user fault ... kekekekekek .. [/b][/quote]
Can change story ma. :P

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Starwing: Very hard luck, 6 days old laptop got stolen. Yours pay by cash or installment? Muahahaha if don't continue to pay the installment can ar? :P

starwing

Known Member
May 15, 2004
Visit site
Cash.

I suspect must be internal job. You know, fren of my brother go tell his fren and his fren go wait him .. like that .. dunno la, as long as my brother is okay, i'm happy, no matter how much I dont like him. Still sad tho ..

s15

1,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
KayElle,JayB,Sg
www.revsaints.com
holy shit....
same place as mine where it got stolen .....
mine was 6 months old thou....
Sad case la..i suspect they hav a syndnicate at the place to target the noteook owners..

my class damn sueh...
lose 6 notebooks in 2 semester
more than 30k gone
got 1 classmate even worse
notebook was stolen...
din let parents no...
use savings to get a new wan(same model)
the next day...house got blurgary.....
gone in 1 dayz

ur bro from apiit ?
its the nearest college from carrefour sri petaling

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
My notebook also stolen because put inside car, at SS2. Just front of proton showroom. Damm sui...

starwing

Known Member
May 15, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by s15@Mar 15 2005, 17:35
holy shit....
same place as mine where it got stolen .....
mine was 6 months old thou....
Sad case la..i suspect they hav a syndnicate at the place to target the noteook owners..

my class damn sueh...
lose 6 notebooks in 2 semester
more than 30k gone
got 1 classmate even worse
notebook was stolen...
din let parents no...
use savings to get a new wan(same model)
the next day...house got blurgary.....
gone in 1 dayz

ur bro from apiit ?
its the nearest college from carrefour sri petaling
Yes, he is

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Perodua Alza owners,

Greetings from Lokatoo. We are here to give you updates on your Lokatoo GPS navigator and also to help you with any issues you may encounter. Please feel free to ask us any questions you may have regarding your Lokatoo usage.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Latest map version 3.26 is now available for downloading from our website for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience