Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think it's a wise decision to quit whilst not making money. But in the interim they need to reduce their costs and support local events instead by reducing entrance fees. I'm pretty sure people will start to flock there

driftkingII

2,000 RPM

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Wonder if Petronas will still continue in F1?
That one depends, but i know Petronas does perform if there is no Malaysia track.

Plus some fans told me, when Petronas is already at the top... they will quit like SuperGT after winning many times.

We are not sure since that is Petronas... but if they leave i do miss that wonderful green colour.

*wishing Petronas cari pasal in Nascar :thefinger:

nw111

Known Member

nw111

Known Member
Feb 13, 2018
Terra dei Motori
In hindsight, SIC (read: Razlan) dumping F1 (& prioritizing MotoGP) is a great move, but local motorsports industry/scene is already killed by mid 2000s thanks to F1. Those millions Bernie & co extorted from our govt coffers could've been used to build new tracks (I mean small circuits like Tsukuba & medium circuits like Batu Tiga & Pasir Gudang, not big, expensive FIA Grade 1 circuits like Sepang or Fastrack, only have² people & Singaporeans benefit from it). More circuits = booming tuning/building/fabricating etc industry = good for economy etc. Even Thailand is already lightyears ahead of us, just watch Thailand Super Series, it's something that you'll never see here. They can even make America-style dragster. Countries like France & Germany relax je not hosting F1 races for few years because they know they have healthy local scene. And govt, private sectors & medias jumped on F1 bandwagon & tried to sell F1 as this & that to general public.

And then there's SIC. Great facility but shit location (1+ hour from KL, located in middle of nowhere but oil palm plantations), shit management (only cared about international races), shit upkeep (shitty toilet, leaky roof etc), shit promotion of (non-F1/MotoGP) events (when I came to Sepang to watch MSS (merempit syok sendiri), I can count the attendances with one hand). BT3 was awesome because it was close to big cities (½ hour away from PJ/Subang & less than 1 hour away from KL, without traffic jams lol). Even parking was full at times for Saturday night races. And if I remember correctly, PG was very close to city centre. People still watch Cub Prix & rally (unfortunately don't have big exposure like it used to be like when TV3 sent their crews to cover the SSs) because it's easily accessible to attend in person. (I begrudgingly admit) UMW did a great job with Vios races despite the criticisms. It got decent amount of viewer (both online & on-track).

Btw, BT3 was demolished because buffoon BTSC management paid jackshit to state govt & this allowed the damned toyol to swoop in. Previous management teams (MMSC, SAMRA, SAMP) paid their dues to state govt (the track was built on state govt grounds & the idea of former MB Dato Harun Idris). This serves as a warning to track operators (even if they build tracks on private properties).

And whatever happened to Fastrack Nusajaya, Jengka & Sg. Petani circuit? All the hoo-hahs & nothing has materialized. The oval track at Gopeng already completed & operating for few years dy.

Last edited:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Btw, BT3 was demolished because buffoon BTSC management paid jackshit to state govt & this allowed the damned toyol to swoop in. Previous management teams (MMSC, SAMRA, SAMP) paid their dues to state govt (the track was built on state govt grounds & the idea of former MB Dato Harun Idris). This serves as a warning to track operators (even if they build tracks on private properties).

And whatever happened to Fastrack Nusajaya, Jengka & Sg. Petani circuit? All the hoo-hahs & nothing has materialized. The oval track at Gopeng already completed & operating for few years dy.
again, thanks for chipping in your insights, interesting read.
You are like a treasure chest for historic Malaysian motorsport material

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think it's a wise decision to quit whilst not making money. But in the interim they need to reduce their costs and support local events instead by reducing entrance fees. I'm pretty sure people will start to flock there
Rental expensive really will become white elephant. Miss the Saturday night races at BT3.......lol

nw111

Known Member

nw111

Known Member
Feb 13, 2018
Terra dei Motori
Rental expensive really will become white elephant. Miss the Saturday night races at BT3.......lol
"International circuit" mah, they don't care about locals because our MYR not strong enough :burnout:

I remember the (not very beloved at all) former youth & sports ministry said that SIC will be developed as regional motorsports hub. Can't even do things right locally... :Stupid:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
"International circuit" mah, they don't care about locals because our MYR not strong enough :burnout:

I remember the (not very beloved at all) former youth & sports ministry said that SIC will be developed as regional motorsports hub. Can't even do things right locally... :Stupid:
All out to make money only.....lol

Was watching a documentary on Monaco. Their F1 races is so popular, people flock there to see it, and it is so expensive to stay there . One in three is a millionaire, but most citizen of Monaco is not rich. The rich are the ones with moolah from other countries but stay there or have a vacation house there....lol The citizens are mostly the workers who work there, but rental is so high their Govt., subsidies their rental up to 2/3, based on their income....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey... couldn't find anyone asking if tufoil mix well with mobil1 5w fully synthetic oil.... also how would tufoil affect the turbo cooling. coz my turbo is both oil and water cooled. hope i get a scientific answer that would clear my doubts and take a plunge to try out tufoil ;)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience