Nissan Skyline GTR R34 on RON 95?

perthbrat

Oct 3, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hey skyline owners,
I'm planning to buy a nissan skyline gtr r34 soon hopefully. Anyways, if the car is stock with just maybe a power fc ecu, can it be tuned to run purely on RON 95? Has anybody done this on a GTR? Also, the reason why I'm asking this is because I noticed that in the States they use 91 Octane fuel for their skylines which is similar to our RON 95 here. Also is because RON 95 is cheaper :biggrin:

Hoping the Skyline Sifu's over here can answer my question :smile:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Short answer - can if desperate.

Just don't make it a habit and make sure you drive like a grandmother.

zerotian

Sep 23, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Good questions....it not just we cant afford the RON95...but most of the times RON97 is not available if you are staying in remote places.....

perthbrat

Oct 3, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I'm no Skyline owner... but want to clarify that the States measure octane rating differently from us. Refer link below for an example of it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_Octane_Number#Examples_of_octane_ratings

fool me once too, until someone made me google them :listen:
Yea I have seen that before but the US uses (RON+MON/2). So roughly the 95 RON should be similar to 91 Octane

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

[PIMPIN];1064208798 said:
Short answer - can if desperate.

Just don't make it a habit and make sure you drive like a grandmother.
PIMPIN bro,
I believe that you are a GTR R34 owner? Is it possible to tune the ecu for RON95 use? Has anybody done it in Malaysia?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

Because the R34 GTR I'm getting is gonna be a little close to a daily driver. Not a weekend car kinda thing. If it can be tuned to RON95 then knocking wouldn't occur and it will be fine. Since the car is gonna be driven quite often then RON97 maybe a little expensive. Also looking for a stock one. No plans on modifying as it decreases reliability and practicality. Therefore, possibility of tuning the ecu to RON95? :smile:

Sep 16, 2008
can...im also waiting for end of the month to change my setup from 97 to 95..using power fc also..its not that significant power loss i think..beside..using the car as chick magnet not for performance..hahaha..im from 4g63 clan btw..tumpang lalu

perthbrat

Oct 3, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
can...im also waiting for end of the month to change my setup from 97 to 95..using power fc also..its not that significant power loss i think..beside..using the car as chick magnet not for performance..hahaha..im from 4g63 clan btw..tumpang lalu
Hey clu666ers,
Hahahah the R34 is a chick magnet for sure. Let me know about it man :biggrin:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
R34 is a chick magnet? :confused:

frootloops

Known Member
May 28, 2009
I think it's the wrong car to be labelled as chick magnet....perhaps dick magnet? Guys are more into r34s

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
agreed....no chicks will like to ride in a bumpy, noisy and huge ride ....
they prefer smooth & quiet plus sleeky ride....e.g audi tt, scirocco, R8, carrera etc...

rokok_sebatang

Known Member
Nov 24, 2007
agreed....no chicks will like to ride in a bumpy, noisy and huge ride ....
they prefer smooth & quiet plus sleeky ride....e.g audi tt, scirocco, R8, carrera etc...
I think they more prefer EX5 than sky :banghead: sorry for scamming :vroam:

perthbrat

Oct 3, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
For JDM cars specifically I believe that R34s and Supras are chick magnets. Evos and Subies are not really chick magnets because of the 4 door sedan look I think. But the ultimate chick magnet from JDMs is gotta be the Honda S2000. They love the drop top lol.

Anyways back to the main topic any other R34 GTR owners know about tuning the ecu to RON95? Perhaps methanol injection+RON95?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all sifus out there,

My car satria neo 1.6 (a) broke down yesterday at a traffic light..when the light turns green, i put the gear Drive n hit the gas..and suddenly....engine losing power then shut off..(malu weh ada amoi kat sebelah..damn)..tried tu turn the engine on but failed..after 30 sec, restart again but then ok, can move..drove straight away to workshop but the mechanic couldnt find the prob (plug, timing belt marker, throtle body checked)...and they ask me to go to proton...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience