Nissan Sentra 1.8GXE vs Honda Civic 1.7 VTEC

n_chun21

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
sri damansara
aunty car.. u rich sure u said is aunty la.. if people now driving kancil or wira is wat lo... now got car is ok liau and can effort it is ok liau no need think aunty or not aunty if don't want aunty go for skyline or evo if more rich ferrari

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I personally don't see the ES or GXE as an aunty car. To me, it looks more like a young executive car. Someone in the age of 30's with young kids.

evo4g63

500 RPM
May 29, 2004
PJ
www.zerotohundred.com
again like to thanks for the new reply... :_:

i'm 24y/olds this year another 6 years b4 i enter the 30's :emoticon_U: not to say i dun ever have kids now...

anyway just put all this aside. i don find these 2 cars is for aunties oni... it sumhow suit the executive like me (cos myself is in executive level). though some might say sentra looks is outdated... after seeing the new civic (7th & 8th), altis, vios..etc but for me is still acceptable n thats the reason y i have it for the list of the car where i planning to get.

appreciate the comment given.. n hope this tread can also a disscusion place for this 2 japanese made. cheers!!

KeV-TEC

4,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2006
dude, go for civic la..
civic got performance n style...
what its an auntie car... hell no!!!
damn many youngster riding civic on d road la bro...
u can c most of d college students driving civic, vios, city... where got auntie wor!
civic wil be d best man... can play with style n performance!!
my accord 2.0 also lose to a civic 2.0 when pick up that time!!! wahhaah

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
KeV-TEC said:
dude, go for civic la..
civic got performance n style...
what its an auntie car... hell no!!!
damn many youngster riding civic on d road la bro...
u can c most of d college students driving civic, vios, city... where got auntie wor!
civic wil be d best man... can play with style n performance!!
my accord 2.0 also lose to a civic 2.0 when pick up that time!!! wahhaah
well technically they drive cars owned by their parents which is refered to as auntie-uncle right ? lol

KeV-TEC

4,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2006
ahaha.. some of it... but some of it own by them self...
parents ask them mau apa, they answer civic! performance, style n affordable ma

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
Reliability, any Jap cars can be called so.

Durability is another issue. From my experience, Satay Ceruk Hondas weren't as good as Segambut Nissans, main thing are the plastics. But that's a small issue.

Which would i go for? A little explanation perhaps?

When Nissan is developing the current Sentra, EK Civic is just 2 years old. This Sentra was launched in year 1998 (Worldwide). Hence in short, the ES Civic is a wholly more modern car compared to the Sentra. There was a joke from Autocar saying one needs carbon-dating tools to tell how many years had Sentra been in the market. And the prob is, you aren't getting the current third facelift of Sentra which IMO looked real good. Go for the Civic.

razr_sped

Known Member
Jun 30, 2006
i would prefer de the sentra...
my parent own 1 from the 1995 peroid i think...
should be de b14 if not mistaken...
would powerful for its 1.6 compare to proton
and tat stock

so i would vote for the sentra
can mould like the 1 in hypertune...
sentra for young yakuza exec...keke

as for hondas...no doubt its a futile resistence for the vtec
but its more boy racer looks both b4 and after exterior modding IMO

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
Sentra.

For it's displacement alone.
For perhaps-never-been-thrashed-since-it's-used-by-30s-40s-owners (Somebody said this - which is quite valid methinks)

Anyway, it's all boils down to usage history dude. Make sure you go by it (the checking) carefully.

p/s: As for the Wira eats Sentra post - perhaps he's referring to 1.8EXi DOHC LE Wira? ;)

murcielago

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
wira eat sentra, i think it's very possible ...nowadays so many wira on the road with transplant engine, u dunnno wat's under the hood...all the 4G engine or mivec for NA is very powerful for light wira body n u wont' notice it from the outlook....i drive civic 1.7, i feel the auto is very lame, good for cruising only..

Lopot

Known Member
Dec 24, 2004
K.L
Visit site
murcielago said:
i drive civic 1.7, i feel the auto is very lame, good for cruising only..
Couldn't agree more with you. I don't understand why people said the civic ES 1.7 got performance....what performance lar wei? care to explain....if its the 2.0 than is ok lar for performance.....but for 1.7?..hmmmm...i just don't know what so performance about the car.

ed_vin

Known Member
Mar 10, 2006
looks like quite afew support honda's !!
im a honda fan too....!!

bro....both this car has its own style
for me...if for comfort wise...i'l go for sentra ! really comfortable..
1 thing....coz im tall...wit my height on sentra, its comfy, jus nice
for civic....comfort not as good as sentra...( driver seat ) i duno bout passenger seat :_:
if to say overall....i'l choose civic...more to young n stylish
y not sentra....coz body quite bulky, aftermarket parts little...., for bodykits...sentra doesnt hav much variety...as for civic...wit original skirtin oredi look nice stylish even sporty ! if to go with nice rims !

performance : 1.7 civic perform better thn sentra....aftermarket performance parts for civic oso alot....sentra, hardly find.
stability for this 2 cars...i think civic is better

good luck bro !!

evo4g63

500 RPM
May 29, 2004
PJ
www.zerotohundred.com
thanks again for the comment its really helping me to justify which car shud i choose after reading the reply. n hope it also help other ppl in choosing their new or used car...

unfortunately there is high chances i will end up getting sentra where the dealer has offer a lowest price after my dad when to bargain with him last saturday..:cry_smile: wonder y he didnt bargain for the honda at the first place?? :emoticon_U: sorry to dissapoint u guys which like honda as much as i do...

no doubt honda has many aftermarket parts compare to nissan.. but hope i'm able to make some simple modding in the future like the nismo tuned suspensions, led side mirror..... as the car was totaly original..

cheers n like to see more reply...

ed_vin

Known Member
Mar 10, 2006
ohhh....ur dad has bargain the sentra for u
well since u can get cheaper.....y not...??
yeap...im sure thre is some place sellin some performance parts for sentra !
all the best !!

here is some pics to make u feel better.....im not sure is this the model u tokin about
i caught this sentra in penang......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bros
I have been browsing volkswagen polo for a while and im very much in love with the car
just a question...any bros here own one ?
mind to share on the maintenance and cost wise?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience