Nissan navara

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
auto & manual actually is the same power, only the feeling different!
manual 6 speed and auto 5 speed!
u own the navara is 4x4 or 4x2 oh?
update pls for the rim of navara on the market, 17"-20" thanx
Bro..sorry for the late reply..its just a matter of abnormal drive..since old time run on petrol car..can't balance the diesel throttle..now can push the power out already..thanks for replying..oh..i own a 4 x 4..:driver:

Jack_Hon

Known Member
Jun 24, 2007
THe only thing u have to know.....try to slowly depress down.....

GUys, any among here know where to buy nissan navara front side fender ( driver side )

Apr 29, 2009
Hi guys,
Just got my navara SE just over a month ago. Just a little advise if there are prospective buyers reading this post. PLEASE ensure that you get windscreen coverage when insuring the vehicle. Just got my windscreen replaced on Sunday and I hadn't insured the windscreen when I got the truck. Had to fork out almost RM1000 to get it replaced. According to the guy at the shop, he had already replaced 4 navara windscreens for the month of July which shows that there might be some windscreen issues with the navara. All of them didn't have windscreen insurance. Trust me on this. It only took a tiny stone to crack the winscreen. Had a bigger stone hit the windscreen of my old proton waja and it never cracked like the navara. Have lodged a complaint with Tan Chong but don't know if any action would be taken. Other than that it's an amazing truck to drive.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
overkill, im not surprise u r facing this prob. 1 tiny stone broke my week Triton's windscreen 3 yrs ago. the original was rm1.8k then before dropping to rm1.2k now. while China made glass only cost rm500. for the past 3 yrs +, i have changed 4 pcs of front windscreen!!!!!!!! each time hit by small stone. i believe this has to do with the Thailand sheet glass manufacturer. even my golf gti's windscreen only has minor stones chip when got hit my 3/4 stone @ 120km/h! god knows what they use in Thailand to make sheet glass...

Apr 29, 2009
Funny how when you buy a 4x4 the thing that seems to be the problem with it is the windscreen. If it can't take the little stones from the highway how then when taken off road. Anyways I learnt a lot from the feedback the guys have given in this forum. Helped me in my decision between the hilux and navara. Both trucks has its positive and negative points. At the end it's up to the individual to chose his preference.
Anyone out there know a good place for 4x4 accessories for a good price. I've checked out Batucaves4x4, PortKlang4x4 and even Top Up 4x4. All three have pretty impressive accessories but prices are a little high. Any recommendations?

Oct 23, 2007
Selangor
Bro....i m not sure about navara performance but i got fren who bring his navara to roller coaster ride.... the car over turn almost 5 times..... but he came out only with minor scratches... safety wise 10/10...

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Overkill...going offroad its a lot safer coz u don't travel @ high speed. most likely danger: dents and scratches on body work n lots of mud....:)
4x4 parts r expensive in Msia. the only way: go to Thailand n do ur mod. even the tires r cheaper than Klang

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

keevanz, ur friend is lucky the Navara didn't hit head on in the accident. The EURO NCAP only give the Navara 1-star rating for the first batch and 3 star on the modify new version. Triton has 4 star rating. However, Navara has better safety rating for child protection

kethon27

Known Member
May 8, 2006
---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Overkill...going offroad its a lot safer coz u don't travel @ high speed. most likely danger: dents and scratches on body work n lots of mud....:)
4x4 parts r expensive in Msia. the only way: go to Thailand n do ur mod. even the tires r cheaper than Klang

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

keevanz, ur friend is lucky the Navara didn't hit head on in the accident. The EURO NCAP only give the Navara 1-star rating for the first batch and 3 star on the modify new version. Triton has 4 star rating. However, Navara has better safety rating for child protection
NCAP Navara Result
So our Malaysia Navara is base on which test? Such a powerful truck not even get a decent 4 stars safety..

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
in every nissan, there is a heart of GTR :proud:
What a ridiculous statement.

Bro....i m not sure about navara performance but i got fren who bring his navara to roller coaster ride.... the car over turn almost 5 times..... but he came out only with minor scratches... safety wise 10/10...
I have a Hilux and Triton, among other cars but I'll most likely be trading swapping the Hilux for the Navara. The reason why people crash these cars especially the Hilux for instance is simple. If you're not going to use it off-road and pretty much urban use then change the tires - upgrade to ones more suited for strictly road use and secondly try go slightly wider at least.

Of course don't forget your tire pressures; this isn't a sedan. We've had many pick-ups over the years and no problems whatsoever even when driving fast (for these sort of cars lah) and although I only drive the Hilux, none of my drivers have crashed or lost control regardless of make or model.

khairiaz

Known Member
Jan 21, 2006
[PIMPIN];4505843 said:
What a ridiculous statement.
the above statement comes from a driver who drives a ridiculous car.

maybe you need to drive a 5.6L V8 Nissan.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
the above statement comes from a driver who drives a ridiculous car.

maybe you need to drive a 5.6L V8 Nissan.
I guess that makes two of us LOL :driver:

Mine's no V8 unfortunately - these past 8-9 years been stuck with RB20, RB25, RB26 and RB28. Perhaps one day. Wouldn't mind owning an NA car with a V8 and monster torque; nice change from turbos.

Anyways for those who have modified your Navaras - are u running a piggyback or rechip? How reliable has it been and how many kms have you guys covered so far?

Jack_Hon

Known Member
Jun 24, 2007
ANy among here own Nissan Navara ??? how yours vehicle fine ???

Iscalvin

Aug 12, 2008
I am planning to get one myself.
Mine is ready to pick up at tan chong, sabah. I've test drive triton, vigo 3.0 and navara. Only navara feel comfortable going up and down to mt. kinabalu. You can really feel the different if you drive long distance especially the rear passenger. :driver: