NISSAN GTR R35 tyre problem :'(

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
better to buy another car for your daily use bro.. seems like GTR is not the kind of car for your needs..
I've only heard of GTR owners increasing rim size, not reducing em. And you wouldn't want to ruin the effort of the nissan engineers put in to the making of the GTR by putting on some cheapo rims and tyres..

my humble 0.0002 cents

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Actually there are GT-Rs that reduce their wheel size to 18". Just not in Malaysia. Those guys are running 18" as it produces better times at the drag strip. That is the sole purpose of the reduction and not cost savings like gtrmaniac.

Below picture is an example.

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
the other reason could be availability of drag slicks in 20"

Actually there are GT-Rs that reduce their wheel size to 18". Just not in Malaysia. Those guys are running 18" as it produces better times at the drag strip. That is the sole purpose of the reduction and not cost savings like gtrmaniac.

Below picture is an example.

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
if maintaining the car is a hassle to you, might as well sell it off, since ur bro sold it to you and it's all yours now... make ur own decision... but having a R35, what's the problem of maintaining tires, since the car is more than 300k? hahaha... just my 2 cents

frootloops

Known Member
May 28, 2009
U should've known what you're gonna get yourself into when u purchased the car, plus if u can afford the car, u should be able to afford the tires. Not surprised if after this you might be asking on how to reduce maintenance cost or cheaper insurance and roadtax :driver:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I bought this car quite cheap from my brother, hes a sofware engineer. So i dont want to sell the car because he really loved it. So im taking care of it on his behalf.

I really dont know anything about cars because im not a car guy. I love travelling.

I did not think about the brakes. Can something be done about the brakes? Can i change it to smaller ones together with the wheels?

I can change the tyres for RM10,000, i have the money, but i think its just too much of a waste, wasting my hard earned money on a bunch of tyres which are going to wear out and dissapear on the surface of the road when im using the car.

I just want simple smaller rims and affordable tyres.
Changing to smaller brakes you will not be able to stop this brute.

gtrmaniac

Dec 10, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
The cheaper tyre option is the OEM Bridgestone RE070R which retails at slightly above 8k per set (4pcs new). Try not to downgrade the wheels size. Otherwise you can get used OEM R35 tyres from tyre shops (I've seen a few shops selling used R35 tyres, and a few of them thrown across the street from ATS Automobile) or from V-Spec as mentioned above.

Otherwise if you insist on downgrading, I'm happy to take the OEM wheels and worn out tyres from you AND pay for a set of replacement rims + tyres. If the brakes cannot clear the smaller wheels, I'll take the OEM brakes and replace them with smaller brakes, all at no cost to you. However I won't be responsible if this action upsets the very sensitive electronics on your car.
Thats a good idea, I still insist on downgrading. Can you do it? What type of rims are you planning to put in my car? I dont care about whatever rims to put,i just dont want those flashy ones. You can have my original brakes, and replace them with smaller brakes, as long as they are working, but what brakes are you planning to give me ? Do i have to pay money to you to change the brakes? I just want to know the total cost of chaning rims and changing the smaller brakes. Thanks.

I dont care about the sensitive electronics, because as i said, im not a racer. The fastest i have been in my life is 120kmh in that GTR, i dont dare to drive fast. And yes, you guys are suprised and thought that there might not be guys like me in this world, but hey, im here.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Hi there,

I have the perfect solution for you. I have a complete set of Lexus LS430 17 inch rims and Lexus LS400 4-pot brakes that I am happy to swap for your rims and brakes.
The tyres are brand new Falken Ziex 912s.
A new set only costs 1600 for all 4 tyres.

Awaiting your PM.

Many thanks! :)
Will it fit? How much will it cost me if i trade it with my oem rims,tyres and brakes ? How much do i need to add? I just want to know the price. Price is the main issue.

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thats a good idea, I still insist on downgrading. Can you do it? What type of rims are you planning to put in my car? I dont care about whatever rims to put,i just dont want those flashy ones. You can have my original brakes, and replace them with smaller brakes, as long as they are working, but what brakes are you planning to give me ? Do i have to pay money to you to change the brakes? I just want to know the total cost of chaning rims and changing the smaller brakes. Thanks.

I dont care about the sensitive electronics, because as i said, im not a racer. The fastest i have been in my life is 120kmh in that GTR, i dont dare to drive fast. And yes, you guys are suprised and thought that there might not be guys like me in this world, but hey, im here.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Will it fit? How much will it cost me if i trade it with my oem rims,tyres and brakes ? How much do i need to add? I just want to know the price. Price is the main issue.
:adore::banghead:

you sure you work offshore?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
gtrmaniac:

No disrespect to you,

Trust me, everyone here wants to believe. But to be honest the forummers here have battled trolls and clones for over 10 years since they were in their 20s.

If you're not genuine, they're only playing along.
If you're genuine, it's time you show some proof.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Sorry but 120km/h..? my gramma drive faster in a old rust bucket.

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
You don't know about the basic things of car. I suggest you just keep everything stock and don't change anything. People will cheat you bcos you don't know anything !!! I will change my 4pot with your 6pot, but what the hell? It is cheating only.
From what you asking here, can imagine what silly thing will happen to you.
You don't have money then just keep the car in garage and store it !
Better than when your brother come back and realize that he have to kill you.

People here asking " is it a joke ? " it means you sound like a joker ! It means further, what you asking here, no one will do it in his world.

the_devil

Oct 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The wheel size n brake is there 4 a reason! U dont just simply change it smaller as u wish. Y not u ask 'can i fit wira disc into the gtr? That one 13" wheel also can fit. Silverstone tyre cheap cheap! Then try your stopping power n c. I bet your disc will melt!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yesterday my proton putra red color was stolen in front of the house at shah alam section 8.

Car details are as follow:
Model: Proton Putra
Color: Red
Engine: GSR (but looks normal from outside)
No Plate: WJF 2929

My putra have front PROMOTE bumper, other than that theres no side or rear lips whatsoever the outlook is pretty much standard overall. Although it have gsr engine, the exhaust and intercooler including rims are also stock standard. At the left side on the back theres a small...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience