Nissan GT-R GT500 race car : First Look

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

Only last week Nissan announced that its all-new GT-R sports car would be entered into the GT500 class of the SUPER GT series in Japan for the 2008 season. Now we have the first image of the new race car, prepped by Nissan’s own motorsport company Nismo.

This latest shot was taken as the car was undergoing shakedown testing at Suzuka. Full details including vehicle specifications and team structure will be announced at the Nissan Motorsports Press Conference in February 2008.

It has been four years since the GT-R last competed in Japan, when it won the Japan GT Championship in 2003. Nissan’s previous GT-R race car was based on the older R34 series, which ran the straight-six RB26 engines. In its later years Nissan started using the newer VQ V6 series of engines.
Eventually, the R34 was replaced with the new Z33 350Z coupe and now the Z will be replaced with the latest version of the fabled GT-R.

Source:
Motor Authority , Nihoncar

Daniel89

Known Member
Mar 2, 2007
Wow man sweet !! When people going to buy this car and send to Monster Garage ? :D !

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
sweeeeeeeeet...

when 350Z replaced the R34, kinda sad and refuse to watch JGTC.. its not that 350Z is no good, but R34 is too perfect.

i hope GtR will rule this time..

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
holy nice..sad for the 350z..but the king is back now.
would be awesome if the all new GTR go head to head with the Z.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all sifu. im damn damn confuse of changing my 4G15P engine into bigger n power engine. 1st of all i like 4G63T but JPJ never allow to put that into wira 1.5. so i decide to put GSR 1.8 but some frend said GSR not enough power. im damn confuse.

although i got lubang in JPJ to put 4G63T engine, but my chassis will not bear the monster power. wat should i do to make my chassis stronger n tougher. wat is spot welding, chassis reinforced n etc. How much does it cost actually?? wher...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience