Nissan Fairlady Z Club Convoy x JDM Club Meeting 11.11.11

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

I was privileged to be invited to join the convoy from Sg. Buluh R&R to the Esplanade on the Penang Island. 11.11.11 is a very rare occurrence that happens once in 100 years. So the Nissan Fairlady Z guys decided to have a drive towards the beautiful island and meet up with other members of the JDM Club owners in Penang.

The event started at 11 AM in Sg. Buluh R&R where few Nissan Fairladys turn up in the rest stop area. Sanny, was the coordinator of the drive and waited for everyone else to arrive at the rest stop in Sg. Buluh, before making their journey towards Penang Island. The convoy left at 11.30 AM, when 7 cars turn up in the run.

The car convoy stopped by at Kampar, Perak at about 1 PM, where they decided to refuel, have their prayers done and have their lunch eaten. After lunch in Kampar Club, the group decides to have their car photos taken, prior to making their move again towards Penang at 3PM in the afternoon.

Weather was turning gloomy and rain fell when we were driving towards Ipoh. Some people stopped by the Petronas at Simpang Pulai R&R as RON97 were not sold in Kampar Shell Station. After a temporary stop and refuel, we continued our journey. A red Mitsubishi Evo 8 crashed near the Ipoh South interchange. Lucky for us, it was all smooth sailing.

Monster line up: Z32, Z33 and Z34

Weather began to improve as we passed by Taiping. As the weather cleared up, it was a great opportunity for me to shoot some photos of the cars in the convoy. It was pretty hard to snap good photos as it was hard to hold on your camera when your driver is going at 100 km/h!

Top Secret's Twin Turbo 350Z

Nissan 370Z, the Z with the largest engine capacity

Z's all the way.

We reached Penang bridge after 2 hours driving from Kampar. The bridge was starting to get congested as it was the 5PM rush hour. We were glad not to be on the other side of the bridge!

We arrived at the Esplanade and parked the car in front of the City Hall. We decided to walk to the closest food stall around and indulged ourselves with some good Penang delicacies.

It was Pasemburs and Fried Kuey Teow's for us. We got to relax and sat down to enjoy the cold breeze from the sea.

Day turns to dark. Some members from the JDM Club turned up to say hello. We got to sat down near the Esplanade and had a great chat about cars. It was a great time for people to mingle with people of different places. We definitely made new friends during the event.

RX-8 and R34 Skyline, Rotary and piston engines, always the arch rivals

Unfortunately, rain began to fall at 11PM. As winds become wild, we decided to leave and call it a night. We had a great time hanging out and know each other better as car enthusiasts and certainly hope to have another time to hang out again. Thanks to everyone who participated!

Attachments

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
the girl with the kuey teow in front of her is fairladyer than the fairlady Z's... huhu..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey people i'll like to find out if a mitsubishi 4G63 SOHC could fit in a nissan micra ??? I would like to know if that's possible?? Or should I go with a GA15 sentra engine????:hmmmm::hmmmm:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience