Nissan Fairlady Club

Applejuice

Known Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
i would really like to know if anyone has taken a long trip in their 350z.
i plan to take the cameron highlands this weekend, and would like to know if the car causes any problems or breakdowns. ive never taken my car out for more than an hour of constant driving. would really like to know if the engine heats up or anything. the ride would take me approx 2.5hours. any info would be great. and anything i should check before taking it out.
and if anyone has been up to cameron highlands, is there alot of speed bumps? thank you again.

Bump: i would really like to know if anyone has taken a long trip in their 350z.
i plan to take the cameron highlands this weekend, and would like to know if the car causes any problems or breakdowns. ive never taken my car out for more than an hour of constant driving. would really like to know if the engine heats up or anything. the ride would take me approx 2.5hours. any info would be great. and anything i should check before taking it out.
and if anyone has been up to cameron highlands, is there alot of speed bumps? thank you again.

Lord1700

Known Member
Oct 31, 2008
Damansara
www.ringgitbay.com
i would really like to know if anyone has taken a long trip in their 350z.
hi bro..

so far i've used my z33 to go to kuantan n it took me 1 n half hr to reach kuantan from gombak toll..and i'm also used my z33 to go back to my village at taiping...also took me up to 1 n half hr to reach my village from sg. buloh toll..both average speed at 190kmh~210kmh..once tried at 260kmh max so far..:biggrin:

just my advice..if u already remove speedcut 180kmh...make sure u always watch at the speedometer bcoz u will not realize dat u already go more than 200kmh...:driver:

Applejuice

Known Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
hahaha. nice to hear. but the car can last 1.5 hours going at 190 constant?
im honestly not sure if my speed cut has been taken out or not. because i took it once, and it didnt stop at 180km/h it kept going, and i didnt feel like a limiter was kicking in. but i didnt check the digital one. il let you know how my trip goes this weekend then. thanks for the advice. got low profile tires tho, its so noisy and you can feel the bumps on the roads. might suck for long distance.

nicole_nic

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
www.nic-o-le.blogspot.com
there's no prob with the engine.. no worries on the over heating.. coz it's NA :P

anyways i've driven the z back n fro from pg to kl and sometimes from kl to sg.. no prob at all.. even 180kmph all the way to pg.. it takes me about 3 hours to get to sg from kl..

Lord1700

Known Member
Oct 31, 2008
Damansara
www.ringgitbay.com
hahaha. nice to hear. but the car can last 1.5 hours going at 190 constant?
im honestly not sure if my speed cut has been taken out or not. because i took it once, and it didnt stop at 180km/h it kept going, and i didnt feel like a limiter was kicking in. but i didnt check the digital one. il let you know how my trip goes this weekend then. thanks for the advice. got low profile tires tho, its so noisy and you can feel the bumps on the roads. might suck for long distance.
gud luck...drive carefully n slow down when rain...:smile:

snx

Known Member
May 2, 2005
KL
Applejuice, the factory limit is actually at 188km/h. I just had my long journey of 360km few hours ago with the speed limit still intact. The car seems to do fine stock even when pushed to the max at Sepang.

Btw, Lord, got plans go Sepang? Several Z members went there last track day (Feb 1st.) I wanna see your Z there! :biggrin:

Lord1700

Known Member
Oct 31, 2008
Damansara
www.ringgitbay.com
Applejuice, the factory limit is actually at 188km/h. I just had my long journey of 360km few hours ago with the speed limit still intact. The car seems to do fine stock even when pushed to the max at Sepang.

Btw, Lord, got plans go Sepang? Several Z members went there last track day (Feb 1st.) I wanna see your Z there! :biggrin:
hmmm....i did dream to go there....but not sure when...hope dat day will come true..maybe after i convert my Z to manual soon..:smile:

convict

Known Member
May 31, 2005
Mid Valley
1st Feb 09-Track day at sepang

Applejuice

Known Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
thanks snx. for a second i taught i didnt have a speed cut. DAM! hahahaha. anyways.
thanks for the info nicole.
and yea, kinda dangerous on wet roads.
LORD i still want that dam 350z sign, and no shop has it. is it worth buying online and shipping it back?

snx

Known Member
May 2, 2005
KL
convict, thanks for the pics!

Lord, hope to see you there soon. :driver: :proud:

Lord1700

Known Member
Oct 31, 2008
Damansara
www.ringgitbay.com
thanks snx. for a second i taught i didnt have a speed cut. DAM! hahahaha. anyways.
thanks for the info nicole.
and yea, kinda dangerous on wet roads.
LORD i still want that dam 350z sign, and no shop has it. is it worth buying online and shipping it back?
u have any pics of it...? bcoz its really true i bought from racing fit..350Z emblem with Z with red colour..not sure izzit the same with dat one u r looking for..:confused:

convict, thanks for the pics!

Lord, hope to see you there soon. :driver: :proud:
yeap..hope one day i will b there when i'm ready :biggrin:

Last edited:

Applejuice

Known Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
as in the stock 350z sign at the back of the car when you buy it in USA or UK. instead of the word fairladyz.

Bump: as in the stock 350z sign at the back of the car when you buy it in USA or UK. instead of the word fairladyz.

z_333

Jul 28, 2008
Hey guys,

Gan here. I believe we've met during the last gathering. Quick Question. Anyone knows what is Tan's (Z '06 Manual/reg:69) contact number? It'll be great if someone could PM me.

Lord1700: You drive the Fabulous kitted Z right?? Still remember me? When are we gonna do a small gathering nearby our neighbourhood? I think there is quite a number of Zs staying around our area.

convict: White Z? Let me know if my guess is accurate.

Cheers~