NISMO S-Tune R34 Detail - Part 2

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
This is part 2 of the detail which is paint correction, which is also the one that I am not satisfied with and am greatly humbled. Still got a lot to learn on detailing super soft black paint.

Some damage assessment under the sun and with halogens...

Many general swirls...

RIDS and paint chips at some parts of the car.

Tape marks all over especially at the door from the paint and body shop

Marks by man's best friend

More...
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hfyunOsFwFU/TxuNeTyQ10I/AAAAAAAAApo/AhvE4Mj0RBs/s640/DSC00667.JPG

Besides's that, the Swissvax is MAGNIFICENT

The newly painted skirt back from the paint. I don't know why there is a whitish mark like this.

Rear side panel full of these concentrated scratches...

More swirls marks.

Masked for correction

Test spot. Because the paint was really soft, just Optimum Hyper Compound on polishing pad was enough to remove most swirls. But because of those RIDS, I have used Optimum Hyper Compound on wool pad.

RIDS

Swirls on side door.

Swirls corrected

For hard to reach areas, my baby pads comes into the scene.

Finger nail marks...

Compounded

After compounded in the driver's side door.

Part of the hood. Lack of definition.

Polished...

Treatment was as follows:
- Wash with ONR
- Clayed with ONR as QD
- Compounded with OHC with wool pad. Speed 1 to spread, speed 2.5 to correct, speed 1 to end
- Polished with OHP with polishing pad. Speed 1 to spread, speed 2.5 to polish, speed 1 with light pressure to finish.

All in all, some swirls were removed. Some RIDS removed but not all. Some were managed to be masked. I don't feel comfortable cutting further as I perceived the paint to be quite thin. True enough, after a test with a Paint Thickness Gauge, it is really, thin.

Because it was black and super soft, I had some hard time doing it with just a rotary. There was a DA and Menzerna final finish but I didn't use it. In the end, the final product was far from perfect. There was slight hologramming on the hood and passenger's side fender.

I am greatly honoured and humbled at the same time for being able to detail such a rare and expensive beast with soft black paint. Soft black paint has really opened my eyes to another level of detailing. I will continue to improve on mastering the technique of detailing black paint!

Thanks for viewing...

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
AWESOME..............

Love it.

Btw, the white residue on the front skirt looks like previous polisher or maybe even the painter did not buff off .

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Did you strip the paint of swissvax before doing the correction job? Damn... Super expensive tub of wax. Can never afford or see the rationale to buy it... Why never try the da and mez final finish?

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
really HD HD reflection!!! epic!!

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
this car in kk?

my bro newly bought mazda also got also swirl marks even the deale redi sent to polish

guess the detailer just simply do it...

will try to DIY if im free after cny....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
AWESOME..............

Love it.

Btw, the white residue on the front skirt looks like previous polisher or maybe even the painter did not buff off .
Oh... Maybe then... I have been wondering what is that thing. Now that is a possibility. Maybe the paint shop didn't remove the buffer marks.

Did you strip the paint of swissvax before doing the correction job? Damn... Super expensive tub of wax. Can never afford or see the rationale to buy it... Why never try the da and mez final finish?
Ya I removed it. Felt so pain when I removed it. When I do ONR before removing the Swissvax, can feel the water just push away so smoothly. And the wax is very hard and durable. The wax is kept at a local detailer shop here under controlled environment and temperature.

really HD HD reflection!!! epic!!
Seriously, if one didn't use an inspection lamp, there is just no fault in this car.

this car in kk?

my bro newly bought mazda also got also swirl marks even the deale redi sent to polish

guess the detailer just simply do it...

will try to DIY if im free after cny....
Yes this car in kk. We seldom see it because the owner mostly keep to himself and seldom drive. No time to drive also. You bro bought mazda? What mazda? Okay keep your post coming ya. We want to see!

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Happy Chinese New Year to all by the way...

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
one word
awesome

dont look left nor right

u are a mastering the rotary far better than ever & sharpened skill with foresight

listen to unker ya

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
one word
awesome

dont look left nor right

u are a mastering the rotary far better than ever & sharpened skill with foresight

listen to unker ya
Thank you unker sifu KC :biggrin:. Give up, I won't.

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Great job. The corrected panel looks fabulous....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

fishbonezken

Feb 13, 2006
Great job bro Veloc! Don't be disappointed at all, for where you are at, it is considered superb so don't put yourself down man!!

Anyway, how come didn't use the DA and final finish? I assume it is the lack of time? Maybe that would've solved your problem, well it isn't that big of a problem to start with, just holograms dude(it's fixable). Not like you burned paint or something (not fixable), hehehe.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Great job bro Veloc! Don't be disappointed at all, for where you are at, it is considered superb so don't put yourself down man!!

Anyway, how come didn't use the DA and final finish? I assume it is the lack of time? Maybe that would've solved your problem, well it isn't that big of a problem to start with, just holograms dude(it's fixable). Not like you burned paint or something (not fixable), hehehe.
Bingo. Lack of time plus the DA is a 110 V version. I have to plug it through a transformer which is kind of heavy and difficult to carry around.

Thanks for kind words Fishbonez!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:smile: ..i just change my stock turbin to AR60 twin blade type..but the prob is..its seems like my fuel pump cannot support enough fuel...so , anybody can help me what the cost of gtr fuel pump @ others suitable pump & the cost...pls assume me as a newbee in the turbo world, btw the machine is rb20det/manual...tolong ye abang 2X.. :dancing2:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience