Next gen Porsche 911 could receive seven speed manual

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

You can stop rereading the title over and over again, you read it right the first time. According to reports from Car and Driver, the next generation of the Porsche 911 could be offered with a seven-speed manual transmission.

When it rains, it certainly pours as motorheads prayers for more manual sports cars appears to not only have been answered, but boosted as well.

If you’re thinking Porsche went with the additional cog to extract performance, you’re kind of right. They went with a taller final gear to improve fuel consumption performance, something that’s been getting tighter and tighter in Europe.

We can’t wait to see the shift pattern that serves seven individual manual gears and the opportunity to do so will come about when the Frankfurt Motor Show gets moving.

Source: Autoblog

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
as long as it isn't slushbox like what merc did :biggrin:

deanengson

From Facebook
Sep 20, 2010
www.facebook.com
And there will be news saying that next gen 911 owners have the common trouble of missing gears.... "I thought it was 6th but I went into 4th!?"

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
to me a 6 speeder aledi tiresome, actually.
haven't found a suitable place to tarik thru all 6 gears, save fer this one time at karak... :sleep:

oh well porsche could be a lot better than audi. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've read some place offer servicing BBK or calipers but forgot where is it already - i think its in Sunway.

Need to service caliper which i have already bought the parts i.e. seals, rubber, etc.

any recommendation?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience