Next Car to Buy

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My Lancer is more livelier below 3k, after 3k there's torque dip but can be easily rectify with remapping, which i haven't done yet.

May be i should drive the 325i a little more to see its real character.

Thanks,
Ken
When buying any used cars, of course you need to test drive as many as you can. When buying mine, I tested like 7-8 cars if not mistaken before deciding on mine. That way you can get a better idea what should be the normal behavior of the car if all still relatively healthy.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Hmm mileage 55k should still be very healthy unless that mileage already rewound back!

My daily driver is a 2008 Mark X (GRX120). I have owned it for over 5 years now. Back then my consideration only came down to either this car or the 2007 325i which were about the same price range but I decided to just get the Mark X since it's a younger car and easier to maintain/more reliable, plus it's not as common on the road like the BMW.
Looks like it but everything is very tight and solid, no rattling noise when driving through uneven road.

Your Mark X is only 1 year younger, but the spare parts are easier to buy and easier to fix. How's the handling between the 2.

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
When buying any used cars, of course you need to test drive as many as you can. When buying mine, I tested like 7-8 cars if not mistaken before deciding on mine. That way you can get a better idea what should be the normal behavior of the car if all still relatively healthy.
Tested the same model but 7-8 cars ?? Wow, so many stocks of the model you are looking.

Thanks,
Ken

s.marz

Known Member

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
My Lancer is more livelier below 3k, after 3k there's torque dip but can be easily rectify with remapping, which i haven't done yet.

May be i should drive the 325i a little more to see its real character.

Thanks,
Ken
I'm not sure which Lancer you have but those non Evos is pretty much a city car, power is available down low but as you go higher (as you mentioned) there isn't enough omph.

Remember the Lancer is also a FWD so you will get the feeling as if it has more power as compared to the RWD 325i.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Looks like it but everything is very tight and solid, no rattling noise when driving through uneven road.

Your Mark X is only 1 year younger, but the spare parts are easier to buy and easier to fix. How's the handling between the 2.

Thanks,
Ken
The car is very reliable, typical of the well known Toyota reliability. That's why easy maintenance and I barely spent anything on fixing broken stuff, mostly I only spend on regular scheduled maintenance for replacing fast moving parts, and mods. If I count the total cost of just fixing broken things on this car, probably still less than rm3k within the 5+ yrs of ownership. I doubt it can be like that if you own a 325i.

Handling stock for stock, 325i is better coz less floating but note that mine is the normal package with stock 16' rims, lousy high profile mid range tires, and softer suspension. If compared with the Sports package Mark X with sport mode suspension and 18' rims maybe closer but still the 325i has better balanced handling. The BMW steering feel more connected and heavier. My Mark X steering is a bit too light especially on high speeds. Having said that, Mark X has many options to mod the suspension and handling, so mine now is way much better than stock already.

Tested the same model but 7-8 cars ?? Wow, so many stocks of the model you are looking.

Thanks,
Ken
Yup tested that many Mark X GRX120, just slight variations in options and year made but still basically the same car. Got quite a few on sale even though not as many as 325i. Nowadays got even more already compared to back then.

s.marz

Known Member

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
The car is very reliable, typical of the well known Toyota reliability. That's why easy maintenance and I barely spent anything on fixing broken stuff, mostly I only spend on regular scheduled maintenance for replacing fast moving parts, and mods. If I count the total cost of just fixing broken things on this car, probably still less than rm3k within the 5+ yrs of ownership. I doubt it can be like that if you own a 325i.

Handling stock for stock, 325i is better coz less floating but note that mine is the normal package with stock 16' rims, lousy high profile mid range tires, and softer suspension. If compared with the Sports package Mark X with sport mode suspension and 18' rims maybe closer but still the 325i has better balanced handling. The BMW steering feel more connected and heavier. My Mark X steering is a bit too light especially on high speeds. Having said that, Mark X has many options to mod the suspension and handling, so mine now is way much better than stock already.
It's like you only can choose one, performance/handling OR reliability. If you put as much money for handling mods to both, the BMW will be so much better. But then again, markX isn't really made for that in the first place while the E90 is a driver's car with performance in mind.

Very jealous of your maintenance on the MarkX man... :bawling:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
It's like you only can choose one, performance/handling OR reliability. If you put as much money for handling mods to both, the BMW will be so much better. But then again, markX isn't really made for that in the first place while the E90 is a driver's car with performance in mind.

Very jealous of your maintenance on the MarkX man... :bawling:
Hahaha, maybe Mark X is like in between Camry and the 325i, not as floating as Camry but not as sporty as 325i.

Yeah it surprises me too! :biggrin: The other positive surprise for me is the FC, can still get 11km/ltr real measured average for combined city/highway using just RON 95. If drive full highway for long distance, can get over 800km with 60+ ltr of fuel, provided you drive smooth and patient enough.

s.marz

Known Member

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha, maybe Mark X is like in between Camry and the 325i, not as floating as Camry but not as sporty as 325i.

Yeah it surprises me too! :biggrin: The other positive surprise for me is the FC, can still get 11km/ltr real measured average for combined city/highway using just RON 95. If drive full highway for long distance, can get over 800km with 60+ ltr of fuel, provided you drive smooth and patient enough.
MUCH better than Camry handling wise tbh but as you mentioned, steering is light and lack of feedback.

Impressive indeed but I'm guessing if you have a heavy foot, it'll change as well hehehe. Mine can't even do 10km/l, 9km/l at best (I have a very heavy right foot). But long distance is different story tho, very efficient and can get about 900km just considering it has about 65l of fuel not including reserve :burnout:

Post some pictures man, I'd like to know what mods you've done too. Not in this thread tho, maybe next door :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Very nice car but it's in Johor, at least for the ads you sharing, you have my thanks ! But is this a CVT model? I think most Subaru models came with CVT.

Thanks,
Ken
yeap.. that model started to have cvt...

but one model before, all is conventional auto... or better if the sti model of legacy.. with 6mt

its just that the subaru cvt is quite different mapping compared to other brand cvt....far better...

just its still a cvt... lol...

how about the merc amg a45? for daily warrior :hmmmm:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
MUCH better than Camry handling wise tbh but as you mentioned, steering is light and lack of feedback.

Impressive indeed but I'm guessing if you have a heavy foot, it'll change as well hehehe. Mine can't even do 10km/l, 9km/l at best (I have a very heavy right foot). But long distance is different story tho, very efficient and can get about 900km just considering it has about 65l of fuel not including reserve :burnout:

Post some pictures man, I'd like to know what mods you've done too. Not in this thread tho, maybe next door :biggrin:
Even with occasional spirited driving, I can still get around 10km/ltr on full tank average. However there are those in our club who cannot get anywhere near my FC, not sure how they drive and how are their cars condition. Then there are also a few who can reach similar or even better than mine.

I've posted 1 photo in one of the thread with topic about discussing what cars we're driving now, TS by Renesis. I'm shy to post thread for my own car la, nothing much to shout about and looks minimalist actually. Now looks a bit beaten up too with some cracks on the front skirting and scratches on the rims. :biggrin:

Last edited:

s.marz

Known Member

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Even with occasional spirited driving, I can still get around 10km/ltr on full tank average. However there are those in our club who cannot get anywhere near my FC, not sure how they drive and how are their cars condition. Then there are also a few who can reach similar or even better than mine.

I've posted 1 photo in one of the thread with topic about discussing what cars we're driving now, TS by Renesis. I'm shy to post thread for my own car la, nothing much to shout about and looks minimalist actually. Now looks a bit beaten up too with some cracks on the front skirting and scratches on the rims. :biggrin:
Condition will very much affect the fuel consumption, I am guessing yours is top notch.

Ahhhh I have to dig in that thread yea? hahahaha. Tbh I'm interested cuz I've never actually seen anybody modding their MarkX.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Condition will very much affect the fuel consumption, I am guessing yours is top notch.

Ahhhh I have to dig in that thread yea? hahahaha. Tbh I'm interested cuz I've never actually seen anybody modding their MarkX.
Haha, you won't see much from such single photo. It was an old photo as well. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After asking a few mechanics' opinion, I have found out the auto gearbox for my Wira a/b 1.6 is going to die soon. All have suggested replacing the gearbox. Now, I have switched gearbox 3 times already, and I'm tired of that. Furthermore, the car revs more than it moves, therefore consuming a lot of petrol.

A friend's mechanic said he can replace my gearbox with a manual one at RM1700. This includes a 4G93 1.8 gearbox, gear console, pedals, flywheel, clutchplate, starter and all other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience