Newbie needs help on nissan bluebird mods

Brahandum

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
Hi and greetings to all the sifus out there,

i just bought a nissan bluebird year 1989 with a 1.8 carb engine, i dont know much bout engines especially nissan's engine but i can tell that my engine is lingkup already and so underpowered, im thinking bout changing the engine into a more powerful engine but im gonna stick to 1.8. So hopefully theres anyone in zth with expertise in bluebird mods can give me some advice and guidance on what engine to use =D =D

Brahandum

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
Thx thx but several more questions

sr20 or rb20 is out of my list coz those are 2.0 engines, im sticking to 1.8, is the
ca18det a good engine? is it turbo? how much horse power the engine usually provide? what is the price range? and is there other 1.8 engines thats better than the ca18det that i can use in a nissan bluebird?

Fazira

Jun 19, 2004
bro..

how about sr18de.. using timing chain.. if u r very lucky, the halfcut will including 2wd LSD gear box..

very powerful engine..

i thing this is ur another chioce..

Brahandum

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
sr18de? hehehe the name sounds cool, ca18det sounds like cadet lol.. well then, i'll just try to find the sr18de, if cannot the cadet engine is fine for me also, thx thx =D

Brahandum

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
Errrmm the bluebird is year 89 1.8 with carburetor engine, belong to a women kindergarten teacher lol, bought it for 8k, the interior is nice and everything its just that i think the engine is underpowered for 1.8

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
haha lucky u man..1.8 underpowered?hrm..just to 2.0 lor.:_:
sr20det FF. there's one model with 4throttle.not sure which one.

ca18det aint too bad too..

Brahandum

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
Me still studying so not enuff money to pay for fuel T_T
so no 2.0 for me T_T
I think i'll just get the ca18det engine, can i noe wether the ca18det
engine is turbo or not?

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
yeah it is. ca(i dont know stands for what)18(1.8L i think)D(for double cam)E(EFI/injection)T(turbo!)hehe

Brahandum

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
TQ TQ thats all i need to noe for starting hehe(what engine to buy) errmmm if there is more advices and ideas of how to modify my stock bluebird plz plz plz plz tell me, extra knowledge would be very usefull for me => =>

Brahandum

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
laaassssttt question! around how much RM should i prepare for the engine change? im really a newbie so i dont have any idea lol is 4k enough?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I am having difficulty in removing very very stubborn water spots on my windscreen. This is what i've already tried

1. white Vinegar 100% strength leave it for 5 mins.
2. Meguairs Water spot remover by hand and by rotary buffer
3. Clay with opc and meg's quik detailer.
4. scraping it with my finger nails. Doesn't come off!!
5. Meg's ultimate compound by hand.

Any advise is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience