New VW R32 Golf on fire

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

A South Florida owner of a brand new 2008 Volkswagen R32 Golf walked out of work and found that his car, which had been turned off and parked for six hours, had set itself on fire. The flames started in the driver's side dash, grew to the door and roof, and melted a hole in the windshield. According to the thread, this isn't the first R32 to do so either. Can you smell a recall coming, or is that just the smoke?

Source:
My R Caught on fire today

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
eiks.. this is pretty weird. What caused the fire? Short-circuit in the ECU? or the windscreen focused the sunlight to the dash hence the fire started?

There was a same case happened here in boleh-land which it happened to a Toyota Avanza?.. what were the cause of these fire cases?..

:hmmmm:

neojack

Known Member
Apr 17, 2007
perfect disaster?proton mmg da disaster pn

MetalMic

Nov 15, 2004
Funny that the article mentioned South Florida which should be US? but the car plate of that car is an European Union plate.. :P

lapsap25

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
it has to be terrorist attack. surpise that Mr. president didn't make that statement to panic his country..

tachikoma

Oct 29, 2007
Funny that the article mentioned South Florida which should be US? but the car plate of that car is an European Union plate.. :P
Yeah, very strange. Did some searching on the web, and it seems like in some states of the US (Florida is one of them), there is no legal requirement to have a license plate on the front of your car. So you can go ahead and put whatever fake license plate you want.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

i have a one speed all the way wiper problem.

I've even bought and swapped out the whole wiper/signal control. problem still persists.

I read up more and it says could be a relay problem, could someone point out to me with a pic of the relay location?

i PM'ed a seller at shopee, mentioned that normally it is at linkage, I don't think so from my googling. So i went to look at the wiper motor side but couldn't find it.

I looked at the fuse box and i am confused.

So where exactly...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience