New Tyres for VR

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Two days back push VR a bit, finally made the Land Golden tyres screech....lol
Even though not the best to compete with the big names, but what to expect for a 215/45R17 for RM220.....hahhaha
If is good enough to grip and hold your 200hp FWD car, then it should be good for other normal cars out there. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, that is what I normally tell friends who drives NA with lesser power.......:driver:
Unless they are those who corner like crazy. But how is the grip for this tyre during wet like when you are accelerating during first gear? 2 days ago when driving during drizzle, I was turning out from junction in first gear. I din't press much on throttle while turning and when I aligned the steering straight, I press more on the throttle. Wheel starts spinning when I go over 3000 rpm and I din't let go of the throttle. It continues until the RPM reaches like 5000 rpm.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Did not try them out in the wet. As posted at the beginning page, it was raining heavily on the day of installation, and it felt pretty good in the rain even though not run in yet.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Did not try them out in the wet. As posted at the beginning page, it was raining heavily on the day of installation, and it felt pretty good in the rain even though not run in yet.
As long as can grip during low gear acceleration then that is good. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As long as can grip during low gear acceleration then that is good. :biggrin:
The idea is to let the tyres grip then accelerate. Too much power release immediately the tyres loose traction then will continue wheel spin only.....lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The idea is to let the tyres grip then accelerate. Too much power release immediately the tyres loose traction then will continue wheel spin only.....lol:biggrin:
You are right. Now during rain, I really need to be more careful with the clutch release and RPM timing. Anything more than 2500rpm or releasing the clutch a bit too quickly will result in wheel spin. On dry, it is okay, but not on wet.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You are right. Now during rain, I really need to be more careful with the clutch release and RPM timing. Anything more than 2500rpm or releasing the clutch a bit too quickly will result in wheel spin. On dry, it is okay, but not on wet.
Tyre not meant for wet mah......lol:rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Mine normal tyres duraplus only. More like cheap tyres...

Speaking of tyres, I think there are special racing tyres for wet conditions isn't it?
Nope, wet just more grooves and softer compound. Check out F1 dry and wet tyres....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Nope, wet just more grooves and softer compound. Check out F1 dry and wet tyres....:driver:
Seen those before. Also seen some cars slick tyres with more thread and grooves. Why not people use tyres like Advan A006 on cars? Performance tyres and still provide wet grip.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Racing tyres super soft compound. Use daily, probably will be changing tyres very regularly.....lol

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Are these even softer than semi-slicks?
You have not seen like those actual F1 race when during race they switch from dry to rain tyres because of rain, but rain was short then after few laps the track begins to dry. Those still on wet tyres on dry track, the compounds starts to wear faster and melts too because of the heat generated....:smokin:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
You have not seen like those actual F1 race when during race they switch from dry to rain tyres because of rain, but rain was short then after few laps the track begins to dry. Those still on wet tyres on dry track, the compounds starts to wear faster and melts too because of the heat generated....:smokin:
i still remember m.shumacher on rain tyre till end of race. He drive the car to wet spot to cool down the tyre. Fuhhh....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, just wanted to ask if anyone have had any experience installing a GSM based system? I`m afraid that most of the time, I`m out of range of a 2-way alarm system so someone recommended me to install a GSM based that will either SMS or call my handphone if my alarm is triggered. I`ve tried checking in this forum but can`t find any previous references. Hope someone can help me.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience